MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD (Attack Mode)

Did some testing on this, against Duo Cancer W145WD, and here are my results:

Smile
(Oct. 19, 2013  3:29 AM)Lazer Wrote: Shiny and Ultimate Orion do you have the results yet? I really want to know how this will do against Death...

I will do it tomorrow morning.
(Oct. 19, 2013  3:31 AM)LMAO Wrote: Did some testing on this, against Duo Cancer W145WD, and here are my results:

Smile

Really? Huh... That's strange as well. :\ Still better than the results Ingulit's got, but far from the 80-100% I'm getting.

How's your EWD/WD ware-wise? Could you post a comparison to MSF-H Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD (normal mode)?

EDIT: Added your's and Ingulit's results to the OP. I'd say testing against W145 with comparisons to other popular Dragooon customs is a priority right now
But keep in mind, that my Duo isn't close to mint, so the differences in tests, could be because of how worn someones Duo may be.

It's in really good condition, both of them, I ordered them nearly 1 month ago, and have only used them 10 times all together (for a tournament).

I'll get tests up tomorrow, or on Monday, since I have a tournament on Sunday, but I'll definitely have them up Smile
As of now, Dragooon is doing great! I will edit my post with the test! I'll do it in Attack Mode later since I'm playing Halo. Also theblackdragon, yes you can call me Shiny, it's cute XD

EDIT: Girago Dragooon SA165(Attack Mode)EWD vs Duo Cygnus SA165(normal mode)EWD
Alternating launches. EWDs are both in good condition
Dragooon wins: 17/20(15 OS, 2 KO)
Duo wins: 3/20(2 OS, 1 KO)
Dragooon win percentage: 85%
The KO from Duo was really weird... Confused I hope this helps!
Yup. Thanks!

Do you think you could do a comparison to MSF-H Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD (normal mode)?
Yes, but it's like... 12 here so XD
EDIT: Here they are
MSF Reviser Dragooon SA165(normal mode)EWD vs Duo Cygnus SA165(normal mode)EWD
Alternating Launches. EWDs in good condition.
Dragooon wins: 1/20(All OS)
Duo wins: 19/20(all OS)
Ties: 10
Dragooon Win Percentage: 5%
FWIW my EWD was literally mint, Takara Tomy brand; I ordered 3 new ones recently because I found a good auction. Same thing with the WD that I used on Duo. I used my newer Duo, though I've never once noticed any difference between the newer one and my significantly worn old one (they weigh the exact same, down to 100ths of grams IIRC). I'd say that your results are likely the fault of a WORN EWD, as those have clear advantages in spin-steal battles since they don't topple as early.
Nope... this EWD was brand new. :\ Sharp as a pencil tip.

Are there mold differences in EWD's? Do some perform better than others to a significant point? Considering different EWD's have different levels of smoothness when it comes to free rotation, that might be factoring.

Are you using the Bottom from Killer Befowl UW145EWD or form Nightmare Rex UW145EWD? I can't imagine shapes between molds could differ enough to cause such a gap in results, but it's possible I guess.

EDIT: 1,000th post!!! Grin
(Oct. 21, 2013  6:07 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Nope... this EWD was brand new. :\ Sharp as a pencil tip.

Are there mold differences in EWD's? Do some perform better than others to a significant point? Considering different EWD's have different levels of smoothness when it comes to free rotation, that might be factoring.

Are you using the Bottom from Killer Befowl UW145EWD or form Nightmare Rex UW145EWD? I can't imagine shapes between molds could differ enough to cause such a gap in results, but it's possible I guess.

EDIT: 1,000th post!!! Grin

Congrats on 1000 Grin

I don't know about performance differences, but there are definitely significant differences in the material TT EWDs are made of vs. Hasbro EWDs. Hasbro EWDs wear very quickly in comparison, but when it comes to mint vs. mint I'm not sure if there is a performance difference in the brands.

It was an EWD from Nightmare Rex.

-=-=-=-=-

If it wasn't obvious, I made the thread in the Advanced forum on spin-steal battles based on this thread. Once we get a conclusion reached in there I'll re-do the tests I did based on whatever standard we decide to go with.
Well, reading in the advanced forum, I think it's been decided upon that the beyblade simply must spin longer to win against its opponent:

Kei Wrote:I've always thought that if the opposing Beyblade is visibly rotating longer than the opponent, then it should be declared the winner. Asking for a full revolution to win in battles where spin stealing is a factor is too much; they are just that close.
Dark_Mousy Wrote:In North Carolina I always say if its still spinning. Even if its just a slight bit more. Asking for a full rotation is a bit much to ask when you have a meta full of Dragooon F230 CF and Dragooon SA165 EWD like we do.
th!nk Wrote:THIS THIS THIS THIS, especially from a plastics (and IIRC HMS as well) perspective, very few spin steal battles will ever have that big a margin - perhaps with tuned/season bearings that may have been the case, but a full rotation just won't work there - you'll be there for hours.
Ga'hooleone Wrote:tbh that was always how I looked at it during NY battles. At my tournament back in December, we had a spin-stealer finals match that lasted for a good 25 minutes while it was snowing outside because the two were so close. HMS has similar issues, like during the finals of the NY Remembrance Tournament back in July, but less so than plastics from what I remember seeing because HMS are generally more aggressive.

Expecting a full rotation from such battles is too much to ask.
Uwik Wrote:Forget the full rotation. The one that stops first, loses. It's simple, no?

So... that said, I'm still getting 90-100% against Duo customs of all kinds. I'm super excited about this setup! Grin Anyone else willing to do some testing with this?

It would actually be amazing if we could get stamina comparisons of Duo SA165EWD (attack mode) vs. Duo SA165EWD (normal mode). I know that has nothing to do with the actual custom itself, but the track/bottom setup could prove extremely useful in right-spin customizations as well as Dragooon customizations if we can get some good stamina out of it.
I'll definitely look this custom over again now that we have that unofficial consensus on how much a spin stealer needs to win by. Heck, I'm probably going to be looking over all the left-spin combos I can think of, since now the tests won't take nearly as long as what I've been putting up with for months xD
Pleas forgive me for sort of "reviving" my own thread, but has anyone got anymore testing they could post? I feel like we're missing out on a great setup here if we don't look into it more. I'm still getting amazing results with it, and I placed second with this thing a couple days ago.

Anyone?
I can do testing against Duo SA165 Attack Mode EWD and Duo W145WD
My hasbro ewd actually worked better than my takara one, and they were both mint
Edit: please disregard this post my phone is acting up and i dont know whats new or old
Just to let everyone know, last tournament I mainly used this combo and got 4 straight wins because of it, and I ended up winning the tournament thanks to this.

I feel like there are enough tests to prove that it is worthy of going on the tier list.

But then again, we should test it with Wyvang instead of Girago, just to see if its better.
(Nov. 18, 2013  11:17 PM)LMAO Wrote: Just to let everyone know, last tournament I mainly used this combo and got 4 straight wins because of it, and I ended up winning the tournament thanks to this.

I feel like there are enough tests to prove that it is worthy of going on the tier list.

But then again, we should test it with Wyvang instead of Girago, just to see if its better.

Goooooood stuff bro! I definitely need to give this one another go, and that kind of tournament performance provides a solid case for being tiered.

What about your tournament experience makes you want to recommend Wyvang? It'd add a lot of recoil, which obviously isn't good.
Thanks Smile

Well it does add recoil, but it also adds a lot of smash and has a higher rate of being able to KO an F230GCF set up from my informal testing. Just a thought though.
Did the SA165 in ZGA mode stuff ever get settled? If it provides better LAD than the other mode - almost the entire reason for the part's main usage, then this should be standard, rather than Girago sitting out by itself on the list because it had testing in this mode and the others didn't. Is there some other reason I am missing?
(Jan. 28, 2014  11:51 PM)th!nk Wrote: Did the SA165 in ZGA mode stuff ever get settled? If it provides better LAD than the other mode - almost the entire reason for the part's main usage, then this should be standard, rather than Girago sitting out by itself on the list because it had testing in this mode and the others didn't. Is there some other reason I am missing?

Yes, from my experience, Zero-G Attack mode is superior in terms of LAD (not so much the amount as how little the elevation drop is).

However, then one must bring up the point as to whether or not Attack Mode's superiority makes Normal Mode "uncompetitive." IMO they're both acceptable applicants, but that's an entire topic of its own.
Through testing and usage, I've found SA165(Attack Mode) suffers from a lack of balance, becuase the SA165 is moving the weight outwards and towrds the ground it throws the combo off-balance.
In attack mode or normal mode, the weight goes out the same distance, so Im not sure what you mean.
In attack mode the track is pointing downwards, guess I should've said that. Since it's going downwards the weight of the track is pointing down and out.
I don't think that should be a problem. The weight is distributed very evenly on SA165 so there not much to worry about.

The imbalance is probably from the synchrom tbh.