(MSF-H) Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF

Poll: Should Wyvang be added to the top-tier list for defense eventually?

Yes! like, right now!
52.27%
Eh... maybe
43.18%
No!
4.55%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
OK just got some testing done and I have to say this has been the most fun I've had testing!!

ATTACK
Thanks! Those are some pretty nice results, I must say.

Wyvang as a Defense Synchrom isn't exactly top-of-the-line in terms of actually stopping things (although I do think it does an above-average job) and Revizer and Killerken seem to provide slightly better pure defensive power.

However, the huge advantage you have with Wyvang Defense over other forms of Defense, is that, if it can't KO on the first hit, the opposing attacker won't have the luxury of hitting twice. The smash Wyvang can produce will either instantly send the attacker flying across the room, or simply knock the thing back so hard that it can't move in for another hit.

Of course, with its higher recoil, some people may consider this advantageous or disadvantageous, but this custom is certainly not something to use and Attack type against.
(Nov. 05, 2013  10:27 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Of course, with its higher recoil, some people may consider this advantageous or disadvantageous, but this custom is certainly not something to use and Attack type against.

haha true, but I had to test it since I have the luxury of owning 3 wyvangs. I can't wait till I get my Dragooon though XP
this NEEDS to be tested agaist MSF L Girago BD145RF.
Oh goodness... Girago would dominate. No question. I don't have any formal testing to post, but I can assure you that Wyvang isn't gonna hold out. Girago BD145RF beats just about everything, LOL. XD
Wat type of rsf is it, hasbro or takara tomy?
(Nov. 05, 2013  10:58 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Wat type of rsf is it, hasbro or takara tomy?
Almost all my parts are Takara Tomy, so naturally my RSF is TT.
So it stood defensive mostly, I wonder how it would do with a Hasbro rsf
After this past weekend's tournament, I can safely reassert that Wyvang is a terrible wheel for pure defence; it has way too much recoil, such that if launched very poorly this could very much lose to an aggressively launched stamina type. While this would be an extremely rare event, it is something that simply would not happen with the top-tier recoil-free defence customs.

That said, it does have a large degree of defence for sure, making this a phenomenal Balance type. It lands KOs all day and is decent at staying in the arena thanks to its weight/tip, and it performs well regardless of launch speed (I can launch this full power without worry) or perfect launch technique (it goes through the center early without an exact sliding shoot). While I would prefer to use a standard Defence type against attackers, I would still feel comfortable staring down an Attack type if I had chosen this Bey.

This is an extremely potent custom, one that I honestly feel is only being kept in check by the price of acquiring two Wyvangs (and yes, every part is mandatory, you must have two Wyvangs).

The primary thing I'd add is that I think this custom really needs either a MSF or (preferably) a MSF-H to help tame its recoil. Like I said, I saw this Bey get KOed due to its own recoil several times this past weekend, and the extra weight from one of those faces really helps. I haven't had any problems with the custom's speed after adding the metal faces, but my launch is kind of nuts lol
Can someone test MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145 RSF vs MSF-H Bahamdia Begirados/Ifraid SA165 LRF/R2F/RF?
I can!
Tomorrow... XD
Wait; I have to find my Bahamdia first... 3:
Does anyone know how this monster does against Force Smashers?
(Nov. 19, 2013  12:15 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Does anyone know how this monster does against Force Smashers?

...such as what?
(Nov. 19, 2013  4:20 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  12:15 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Does anyone know how this monster does against Force Smashers?

...such as what?

Any top tier Force Smashers, obviously.
(Nov. 19, 2013  10:25 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  4:20 AM)Ingulit Wrote:

...such as what?

...such as what? I would like you list the customs, obviously.
(Nov. 19, 2013  10:48 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  10:25 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  4:20 AM)Ingulit Wrote: ...such as what?

Phoenic*2 230RB, perhaps.
(Nov. 19, 2013  11:20 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  10:48 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  10:25 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Any top tier Force Smashers, obviously.

Phoenic*2 230RB, perhaps.

Since when was that top tier?

And Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF would easily be able to KO a combo like that, it's on a regular 230 track, which isn't as good as it used to be, and is very prone to being KO'd.
What about phantom Cygnus 85mf for t-stall?
(Nov. 20, 2013  5:53 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: What about phantom Cygnus 85mf for t-stall?

My intuition would tell me that it would probably beat Phantom since Phantom has pretty poor traction to withstand a decent hit, but it might be able to hold on fairly well if it avoids Wyvang early. I'll see about testing that when I can Grin

(if I missed someone else's tests for this matchup I apologize lol)
Ingulit, what if Genbull was on top of Wyvang instead of Wyvang itself? I believe that would change a lot of things.
Wouldn't that make it lose some of its smash? It would add stamina but I don't think it's worth it to lose some of its smash
That wouldn't work at all. Sure it has more Stamina and Defense, but you're lacking a second Wyvang, which has a lot of Smash btw.
So? We can turn this thing into a straight-up defensive type, right?
Well genbull would make it lose some of its weight and I bet it wouldn't be able to KO things as easily, not to mention stamina would beat it more. I just don't think it's a good idea to add genbull.
This should be a Balance combo, not Defense. Plus, that would make the recoil even worse.