(MSF-H) Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF

Poll: Should Wyvang be added to the top-tier list for defense eventually?

Yes! like, right now!
52.27%
Eh... maybe
43.18%
No!
4.55%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
(Jul. 12, 2013  1:05 AM)BloodLacerta Wrote: Just for curiosity could you test against Killerken Dragoon DF105LRF?

I'm really not going to be available to tests for a little while, but I think I can safely say that Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF would stomp this thing, considering how bad Wyvang Dragooon SA165 beat it. Smile

This combo has serious problems with left-spin, and shorter combos generally have higher LAD than taller ones. Smile
This combo sure is better than Revizer Revizer BD14 RDF/RSF/RB/CS but still loses to the same things, like left spin and Wywang attacker
Most Right-Spin combos on BD145RSF (and even RB, RS, or CS) are gonna lose to a decent Left-Spin combo, lol...
(Jul. 13, 2013  6:21 AM)diblee123 Wrote: This combo sure is better than Revizer Revizer BD14 RDF/RSF/RB/CS but still loses to the same things, like left spin and Wywang attacker

Yah, you're right. Tongue_out The difference between this and The common Reviser combos is that this thing will never lose to a stamina type, and actually takes down all the Reviser combos by OS.
What mold is your RSF? Supposedly the RSF from RB7 is softer and more aggro. Do you think that would skew results in Wyvang's favor?
(Jul. 15, 2013  7:35 AM)BloodLacerta Wrote: What mold is your RSF? Supposedly the RSF from RB7 is softer and more aggro. Do you think that would skew results in Wyvang's favor?

The one shown in the video is the one from Blitz Unicorno.

Did you use the same RSF in your tests as well?
(Jul. 15, 2013  7:59 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2013  7:35 AM)BloodLacerta Wrote: What mold is your RSF? Supposedly the RSF from RB7 is softer and more aggro. Do you think that would skew results in Wyvang's favor?

The one shown in the video is the one from Blitz Unicorno.

Did you use the same RSF in your tests as well?

I actually used Hasbro's RSF in most of my tests on day 2 after I had filmed the video. It's not super-soft, but not super hard either. I don't think a change in the mold would effect much, except maybe its win rates against stamina types. Smile
I did some more tests with this. I hope nobody minds me doing ten rounds, because my Beylauncher's handle is broken so it hurts to launch, and I don't want to trash my Wyvangs.

Wyvang Wyvang BD145 RSF vs Duo Gasher W145 WD
Wyvang: 7 Wins(All KO)
Duo: 3 Wins(All OS)
Wyvang Win Rate: 70%

Wyvang Wyvang BD145 RSF vs Revizer Revizer BD145(Hasbro, 1 G lighter than TT)CS
Wyvang: 7 Wins(4 OS, 3 KO)
Revizer: 3 Wins(All OS)
1 Tie
Wyvang Win Rate: 70%

I did a few rounds against Revizer Revizer E230(Boost)CS, and it was getting crushed. Could you please try against it?
I think this would be classified as Balance or Anti Attack.
(Jul. 22, 2013  8:08 PM)nupmuk Wrote: I think this would be classified as Balance or Anti Attack.

It would be balance. Smile Anti-attack requires a rubber attack tip, like RF/R2F/LRF.
RSF is somewhat aggressive but I guess not as much as RF tips.
Has this shown any ability to deal with Tornado stallers? Does it hold the sliding shoot well enough to do so?
(Jul. 23, 2013  1:01 AM)Time Wrote: Has this shown any ability to deal with Tornado stallers? Does it hold the sliding shoot well enough to do so?

All you really have to do is launch near the edge and break the pattern. It's harder for it to beat tornado stallers than regular stamina types usually, but it will still win relatively consistently. I don't have any formal tests right now, though. :\ I would try it, but Tigerofthewest is using our BB-10 right now. I might have tests up for that later. Smile

EDIT: Got 'em done! Smile

Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs. Phantom Cygnus 90MF
Beys alternated launching first. Slightly worn RSF.
Wyvang: wins, 12/20 ( 4 KO, 8 OS)
Cygnus: wins, 8/10 (1 KO, 7 OS)
Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF win rate: 60%

Cygnus got 1 freak-KO. It was actually pretty awesome Tongue_out. Anywho, all Wyvang really had to do was break Cygnus' stall early, and then it just either KOed it, or slammed down on it until it stopped spinning. They were very close, though.

Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs. Duo Cancer W145MF
Cancer launched first. Slightly worn RSF.
Wyvang: wins, 14/20 (4 KO, 10 OS)
Cancer: wins, 6/20 (All OS)
Wyvand Wyvang BD145RSF win rate: 70%

I have not the slightest idea why this was even physically possible, but Duo just absolutely bit the dust as soon as its pattern was disrupted. As long as Duo stayed away from Wyvang, it was fine, but if I launched Wyvang close to the edge, it just died... I guess it just got hit so hard that it couldn't keep it up.

Could someone confirm this? Because I'm having a hard time believing that this wasn't a fluke. :\
This seems like a good combo, as always.
You do use the different launch techniques to your advantages though, some members have questioned your testing. The launch matters lol. If W^2 didn't break the pattern, I'm sure it would have been destroyed hah
(Aug. 08, 2013  5:11 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: You do use the different launch techniques to your advantages though, some members have questioned your testing. The launch matters lol. If W^2 didn't break the pattern, I'm sure it would have been destroyed hah

What, am I supposed to launch it the wrong way? I mean, we use the sliding shoot for attack types in testing...

Plus, I put down the launch to be used in the OP; but yah, this thing kinda gets owned by tornado stallers. :\
Eh I worded that oddly, it was meant as a kudos to you type of thing. They question it because you know which launch to use lol
(Aug. 09, 2013  8:59 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Eh I worded that oddly, it was meant as a kudos to you type of thing. They question it because you know which launch to use lol

Ooohh... Tongue_out Sorry 'bout that! XD
Here's my test:
Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs Balro Balro GB145MF
(Aug. 11, 2013  3:13 AM)ryukiba Wrote: Here's my test:
Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF vs Balro Balro GB145MF

Hmmm... interesting. Chocked_2

No surprise that Wyvang was OSed... just thought it might KO more. Oh well. Tongue_out
You need to use a different stadium if there's black dirt on your bottoms.
(Sep. 20, 2013  6:00 AM)Striker Phantom Wrote: You need to use a different stadium if there's black dirt on your bottoms.

No you don't; gunk builds up on rubber tips all the time, even if the stadium was recently cleaned. It wouldn't hurt to scrub down the stadium a bit if there is too much dirt, but it's not abnormal for this to happen.
We all know this combo's gonna be good dude, it was basically a given. At least for balance, like everyone else is saying though it's gonna be just okay for straight defense
(Sep. 20, 2013  6:13 PM)Draciel516 Wrote: like everyone else is saying though it's gonna be just okay for straight defense

Weeeeelll... I respectfully disagree. :\ Check ShinobuXD's benchmark on the first page. Wink

I like Wyvang for defense... sure, it obviously needs more testing, and it's recoil on attack combos makes it a bit hard to believe, but I like it a lot from what I've seen so far.
I'm not so sure Wyvang will be the best choice/usable for straight up Defense, but one thing it does have is weight. At around 32 grams (I have one Wyvang which weighs 31.92g, and the other is 32.40g!), it's the heaviest Chrome Wheel, and therefore, by combining two of them, you have the opportunity to create one of the heaviest Defense combos possible.