MSF(-H) Wyvang Wyvang (?)145R2F -- Collaboration with KainHighwind

MSF(-H) Wyvang Wyvang (?)145R2F

Credit for coming up with this custom definitely goes to KainHighwind; he came up with the original idea and he and I have been working on it ever since, and now that we have a large chunk of tests results we decided it was time to share it.

Remember how when Flash came out, it was beating even the top defense customs of the time a majority of the time? That was child's play compared to this custom. I'll let some test results do the talking:

FLASH BENCHMARK
MF-H Flash Beelzeb GB145R2F vs. MSF Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Flash: 12 (0 OS, 12 KO)
Reviser: 18 (10 OS, 8 KO)
Flash Win %: 40.0%

WYVANG RESULTS
MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MSF-H Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Wyvang: 22 (1 OS, 21 KO)
Reviser: 8 (5 OS, 3 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 73.3%

That's right, this custom beats one of the absolute best defense combos available nearly twice as often as Flash. Not only that, it has shown to beat other customs that Flash couldn't have dreamed of defeating as we'll discuss in the test results section.

Part Choices
  • MSF(-H): Despite being the heaviest Synchrom available, Wyvang Wyvang still has more recoil than it can handle by itself. Thus, the extra weight of some form of Metal Stone Face is welcome to help tame it.
  • Wyvang Wyvang: Here we are, the Synchrom that makes this possible. Wyvang, when Synchromed with itself, both exposes its own contact points and doubles the number of contact points on the Bey, thus providing extreme and overwhelmingly consistent smash.
  • (?)145: I'm sure the whole (?) business is confusing, but let us explain: what we've found is that this custom works with just about any track on 145 height, even 145 itself! We're experimenting with a lot of tracks right now, and we'll be posting track recommendations as we get testing done. I like KainHighwind's original suggestion of GB145 since it puts weight on Wyvang's contact points, but others certainly work as well. This part of the custom can be tailored to preference; use whatever works for you!
  • R2F: Wyvang needs to be on a rubber flat tip variant to tame its recoil, and it needs the speed of R2F since it is so incredibly heavy.

Test Results

Ingulit's Testing
Test Results (Click to View)

KainHighwind's Testing
Test Results (Click to View)

Videos

Coming soon!

Conclusion

This custom is easily one of the most phenomenal attack types I've ever seen, and as these test results hopefully show it is overwhelmingly top-tier worthy. I know getting two Wyvangs is no easy feat, but if you have the opportunity and manage to nab two, you'll be rewarded with what is currently one of the best attack Beyblades of this generation.
Could Balro be a substitute for one of the Wyvangs?
I doubt it. Wyvang has powerful smash so replacing one of them would reduce it's effectiveness.
Wish there was a more practical combo that performed as well as this, I'm sure not many people are up to buy 2 BBG-25's...
Wow this is an incredible combo! Nice job thinking of this KainHighwind. The results are great for an attack type.
(Apr. 14, 2013  9:48 PM)alucardZ Wrote: Wish there was a more practical combo that performed as well as this, I'm sure not many people are up to buy 2 BBG-25's...
You can actually get Wyvang separate for around $16 on Ebay. I'll definitely try to pick one up. Unfortunately, mine wore out after the first 2 days.

Also, could you try this agasint MF-H Duo Cancer BD145RB? It seemed to give my Wyvang some issues. Not sure if it is the fact that it is worn though.
How could it have worn out in that short a time? I'd be interested in testing on ____ Dragoon BD145RDF too just to see whether it being left spin changes the results from the reviser reviser version you both tested.
Kain and I have talked about Wyvang getting worn, and we came to the conclusion that making sure that all the parts are tight seems to be more of a factor than Wyvang's condition. That is to say, Kain did some tests that were lackluster and thought it might be due to wear, but after tightening his parts it did much better again.

Certainly all parts will wear over time, but so far neither of our Wyvangs have lost much performance due to it yet.

I'll do the Duo test as soon as I can!

EDIT: Yeah, someone is selling Wyvang Orojya 145EDS for 16 bucks on eBay, that's easily the best place to get two at the moment.
What? Sonokong released a separate bey for Wyvang? WTF!!!!!!!!!! I bought that BBG-25 for nothing (╥﹏╥)
Ah... I see.

Just curious, what do you guys mean by Wyvang wore out? What does it mean for a metal wheel to be worn out?
DEFENSE IS DEAD

Amazing jobs guys. This really seems like an outstanding combo. Excited for the videos.
(Apr. 14, 2013  10:45 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: DEFENSE IS DEAD

MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS
Scythe always launched first.
Wyvang: 7 (2 OS, 5 KO)
Scythe: 13 (11 OS, 2 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 35.0%

You don't need sixty grams to be a good defender Serious

Haha, agreed with *Ginga*. I've been curious to know Wyvang's performance when synchromed with itself and it seems pretty boss. Can you also try it with CH120 (145 height) to see how it does?
(Apr. 14, 2013  10:56 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2013  10:45 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: DEFENSE IS DEAD

MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS
Scythe always launched first.
Wyvang: 7 (2 OS, 5 KO)
Scythe: 13 (11 OS, 2 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 35.0%

You don't need sixty grams to be a good defender Serious

Yeah but isn't that mainly due to the height disadvantage? You gonna do my request at some point?
(Apr. 14, 2013  11:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: You gonna do my request at some point?
Sorry, I hadn't seen you post it! I just finished it up, and Wyvang handles Dragooon BD145RDF rather well:

MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MSF Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF
Dragooon always launched first.
Wyvang: 14 (0 OS, 14 KO)
Dragooon: 6 (3 OS, 3 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 70.0%

(Apr. 14, 2013  9:53 PM)Meow! Wrote: Also, could you try this agasint MF-H Duo Cancer BD145RB? It seemed to give my Wyvang some issues. Not sure if it is the fact that it is worn though.

Good lord, you're right, Duo is hard to KO with Wyvang. I managed to get a 40% win rate, but just barely:

MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MF-H Duo Gasher BD145RB
Duo always launched first.
Wyvang: 8 (0 OS, 8 KO)
Duo: 12 (10 OS, 2 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 40.0%

EDIT: I added the results to the OP!
Definitely wanting to see Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F's results VS. MF-H Duo Gasher BD145RB in comparison with Wyvang Wyvang.
Quick note: Duo will usually do better against Synchroms than a Synchrom itself, because there is much less to latch onto. I don't really know how to fix that except maybe using a taller track to force smash, but then it may do much worse against BD145. I think you should try SA165(Lower), though.

I might have to get another Wyvang just for this combo though. It really is an amazing wheel and one of my favorite parts ever.
I would love to have an extra Wyvang, my combo is Wyvange Begirados AD145 R2F, I knew that if it were synchromed with itself, it'd work better Tongue_out
Hey, can someone test it with R145? because it can be a 145 track, but I think is the only one that is not plastic and also was used for anti attackers
Can killerken substitue wyvang? cause killerken also has the small portrusion in its side.To get 2 wyvang would be very hard (i need to have a lot of money i have 1 wyvang) . I tried a similiar combo Killerken Wyvang GB145RF it worked well.Well,could you try it with killerken ?
There is absolutely no substitute for Wyvang if you want these kind of results. Before I got my second Wyvang I was using Goreim Wyvang, which works quite well, but there is a significant jump in performance with 2 Wyvangs.
Talking about other chrome wheels, you tried with Girago? (I have two Wyvangs, so I know its probably best "Wyvang Wyvang" than anything alse for this)
Can you test it against hard-core tornado stallers?
Phantom Cancer/ Flash Belzeeb/ Duo Cancer(Yeah, Duo) W145 MF?
P.S.- Belzeeb comes with which bey by the way?

Don't scold me for that Duo tornado staller- I have found it to be interesting enough...
(Apr. 15, 2013  5:03 PM)zeneo Wrote: P.S.- Belzeeb comes with which bey by the way?

Bakushin Beelzeb T125XF and Hell Beelzeb 125XF from Random Booster 9.