MSF-F Dragooon² LW160CF | MSF Phoenic² S130RF | MSF-H Killerken² BD145CS

INTRODUCTION
Allow me to be somewhat lazy and put all three of the current combos that I'm testing here in one thread. It should also help to give comparative insight as to how each combo performs against specific beys. For this series of tests, I've elected to synchrom identical wheels rather than find another wheel to pair it with. This is easier for me and should provide a baseline against which other tests can be compared.

I developed three specific combos for my use in competitions, and I've leaned towards Zero-G purely because I really like the synchrom system (balance be damned!) and because I really don't like to tread the beaten path and use typical competitive combos. I disdain the advice of some veterans to just "look at the competitive parts list and just build from there." It's good advice, for sure, but it doesn't leave much room for growth. So without further ado, here are the combos I'll be discussing in this thread.

THE COMBOS

THE TESTS

CONCLUSIONS
nice job on combos guess i need dragoon!
What I really like about these tests is that it's not meant to just show what a custom is good against. It also shows that the custom is definitely FAR from unbeatable. It gives moran insight on how a custom is overall.
Hi Zionson, awesome tests. As you probably remeber not to long ago, a tester name Mu tested Killerken's defense agaisnt flash.

Do you mind doing: MSF-H Killerken Killerken BD145CS vs MF-H Flash Orion S130R2F? Thanks.

Plus a personal request I'm quite interested in: MSF-H Dragooon Killerken BD145RDF vs MF-H Flash Orion S130R2F
XD I just wanted to gauge the performance before i actually go out and buy all the pieces. The stamina from killerken might help the spin stealing so I wanted to make sure the defense was up to par. Grin

Once again thanks for the tests. Fabulous results on the killerken side. Was not expecting those at all.
Great tests, and combos. Hopefully LW160 DOES provide extra stamina on Dragooon, like W145 does for essentially everything.
Kind of surprised with Dragooon Dragooon working well together, since it just covers up its own contact points lol.

Meow!
IIRC the tests weren't legitimate, but they were somewhat believable, I don't recall ever getting a definite answer, even though it was mutually agreed they were.
Mu's tests were faked.

The contact points can be covered because Dragooon isn't going for smash. It's pretty well-balanced when synchromed with itself and steals spin much better than when synchromed with other wheels I've tried.

I'll get to those requests as soon as I find time, hopefully tonight. Just a bit busy now again as I head out.
Now I know your combos for the next tournament lol!

For the Dragooon combo, were you launching at full power or weak launching for spin steal? I was surprised by the result against the Phantom AD145 combo.
(Aug. 03, 2012  3:32 AM)marcoy Wrote: Now I know your combos for the next tournament lol!

For the Dragooon combo, were you launching at full power or weak launching for spin steal? I was surprised by the result against the Phantom AD145 combo.

I tried it all. Weak, strong ... I tried to KO it with sliding shoot, tried tornado stall. none of it seemed to work. it's not the height since it could beat Ingulit's Basalt TR145. might try Phantom on a 230.
Looks like I need to get another Synchrom Battle Set for another Killerken Grin What are the chances of it beating Basalt in a mirror combo?
(Aug. 03, 2012  5:45 AM)Shogun Wrote: Looks like I need to get another Synchrom Battle Set for another Killerken Grin What are the chances of it beating Basalt in a mirror combo?

In all likelihood, Killerken will eat Basalt. If Ingulit's Basalt combo is any indication, Basalt is simply too light and too small to give Killerken Killerken any trouble. I'll do some tests, but that's my gut feel.
I was able to get some tests in:

Meow!'s requests

Shogun's request
I have a few ideas for improving Phoenic Phoenic.
MSF Phoenic Phoenic CH120 R2F/RF
MSF Phoenic Phoenic W145 R2F/RF
(Aug. 04, 2012  3:23 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: I have a few ideas for improving Phoenic Phoenic.

I've tried all of those, including R145, and there's no significant improvement against anti-attack. Improvements made to counter anti-attack result in appreciable loss of effectivity against other types. I might have to swallow the tough pill that there's just no attack bey that can counter anti-attack while maintaining effective smash against all other types. Still haven't given up yet, though.

Wow, can I see them versus MF Beat Lynx GB145RF.
(I know it is outclassed now, but I would still like to see it.
Edit: I tried to tell my friend but he insisted to post anyway
(Aug. 04, 2012  11:22 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Hey BTW its Theif Theif not Phoenic Phoenic

It is Pheonic Pheonic
(Aug. 04, 2012  11:22 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Hey BTW its Theif Theif not Phoenic Phoenic

It's not Thief Thief at all
(Aug. 04, 2012  5:51 AM)zionson Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2012  3:23 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: I have a few ideas for improving Phoenic Phoenic.

I've tried all of those, including R145, and there's no significant improvement against anti-attack. Improvements made to counter anti-attack result in appreciable loss of effectivity against other types. I might have to swallow the tough pill that there's just no attack bey that can counter anti-attack while maintaining effective smash against all other types. Still haven't given up yet, though.

The only other track I could think of is H145.
is there anythin you can sub for cf on dragooon?
Wow, I really enjoyed reading the thought you have put into all of these. I am definitely considering getting some of the Zero G blades now. The Customs seem very promising.
(Aug. 31, 2012  9:21 PM)BeybladeWrecker Wrote: is there anythin you can sub for cf on dragooon?

I need to reconsider CF, although its performance is really good. CF on LW160 is very loose. It has fallen off on several tournament matches (different CFs and different LW160s). It seems that the fit just isn't right.
I've found that the CF from RBV2 (Pirates Revizer) has a tighter fit than other CFs I have borrowed. It is still loose, but stays snug on the track.
why dont u keep the cf but just use a normal 160 ?????? it may not have as much stamina but it well probbly do the same if u can test a normal 160
What would be the point in changing it if it ends up making no difference to performance? Also did you read the combo section? He chose LW160 because it might have good stamina based on the fact that W145 does.
he said that cf is lose on lw160 so mabey a normal 160 wont be lose