MFB Upper Attack - A Theory

I suppose, though they 'end' rather roughly.
I have no clue if it is even properly distributed, but it doesn't look so, because the mass of the CW is at those rough edges.
Well no testing has even been done on it, so we cannot be sure.
(Feb. 01, 2011  8:45 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: Am I the only one who seems to have noticed gravity some upper maybe? I was using MF-H gravity Perseus (attack ver.)R145 R2F and it's lifted the other bey over the thunder whips walls a couple of times

I have found this to and i am using the original peseus but it mostly has smash and rarely uses the upper.

also earlier we were talking about getting the beys low enough the metal flat is good for the velocity side of things but the wide flat can maintane a flower pater to a moderate degree and has low friction to the stadium floor but one of the differences is that the WF is slightly smaller
I was just simply testing in my homemade attack staduim which is having an about 18 degree slope and 2 feet in diameter.
In this staduim rock bull 105 hf made the combo flame bull 135 sd like anything.
shouldn't the gemios clear wheel have upper attack while used with a wheel that doesn't get in the CW's way like Counter. Because iv'e been using the combo Counter Gemios 85RF and its been KO-ing 145 track beys like Flame Aquario 145D quite easy without the Counter Wheel coming in contact with Flame by using Gemios's CW's shape to attack.
I've been using mf hell kerbecs 100mf, not only does it have awesome smash, good stamina, and the ability to hit earth bull 230cs, and ko ltsc's, but every so often it'll lift another beyblade (especially 230, common as that is, it seems to actually hit like an upper attacker).
I think cyber could have upper attack because long before I saw this thread my cyber Pegasus 105f knocked a beyblade over the walls of a super vortex stadium. Please do some tests.
(Apr. 04, 2011  9:59 PM)Libra df145bs Wrote: I think cyber could have upper attack because long before I saw this thread my cyber Pegasus 105f knocked a beyblade over the walls of a super vortex stadium. Please do some tests.

It might be smash though... Have you been able to reproduce those results?
Hey guys a few pages back deikailo said that an upper attack combo would have to wobble and be low height and she recomended rsf, but i think you guys over looked one of the most unbalanced wobbling bottoms there is... ES. i mean seriously have you guys seen this thing spin, its so off balance, along with ms too, so im thinking Mf-h hell 85/90 es/ms, can someone test?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I FOUND ONE THAT WORKS!
well it kinda works, its inconsistent... but it shot earth eagle in the air! mf pegasis 100wd... it works better when angled just enough to where wd becomes semi aggressive.... just a thought guys, i think some should try mf pegasis 90 w2d just because im pretty sure w2d doesnt have to be launched at an angle to become aggressive...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_umMlImeE l-drago sends aquila flying like 3 inches in the air at about 00:58... would this be considered upper attack?
RSF maybe, but definitely not ES or MS. There would not be enough motion to effectively use its upper potential.
well guys, here is what i posted in the screw testing topic:

Quote:I've noticed some wheels can get pretty darn close, but it kind of gets deceiving with recoil.
Some wheels can lift the other beyblade, but smash KO in the same battle. That's pretty deceiving also.
So, I don't think it's really possible to claim that a wheel has upper attack in MFB. And that's because the thickness of the wheels make it inconsistent.
BUT, like what I wrote at the beginning of my post to you, and MF l drago 90 WF, I think that's the closest upper attack can get in MFB.
Especially with the weight of some of the new metal wheels, they're even harder to lift.

so be carefull when you claim it. it has to be consistent and someone else has to be able to reproduce it
Thank you SSJ Fisherman for this. Definatly an interesting theory. Gives me hope that MFB upper attack does exist...it just hasn't been properly analyzed until now.

It's not really as much "upper attack" as "Smash in an upward direction". It's not traditional upper attack, but screw, with pisces or horogium, does have "heavy upper smash", on it's second slopes (the parts with the "spike up" at the end). I believe this is what causes the spectacular KO's you see irregularly, while the rest are caused by the normal smash of the "heads" of the wheel. This is why choosing the correct CW is important in using screw, you want to avoid interfering with the slopes of the metal wheel at all, the two best wheels are Pisces, and Horogium, as they don't obscure that second slope. I've got most CW's, and those are hte only ones with thin enough edges/shapes to manage.

There's testing I've done in the screw thread comparing screw Pisces to screw Cancer, the latter which obscures the secondary slopes. In summary, there's a 20% improvement when using Pisces, and the increase in BIG KO's is very obvious.

This also explains why everyone overlooked screw: they were testing with capricorn Tongue_out

At least, that's the best I can explain my drastically better results, anyway.
well like i PMed you a while back, i got midnight to lift earth bull 145wd multiple times in a row with the combo: MF midnight virgo 100f, i don't know if anyone else has tried because they think midnight is useless and do not try it

Evan said that midnight has no upper, but he tested with MF-H midnight ____ 85F, the problem with that is that (i think) 85F is to low to let the whole slope hit (with 100F midnight hits 145wd just above midnight's smash points, with 85F midnight should hit about halfway up the slope which lessens the upper)

i do not have 85, but by looking with my 100 and calculating the difference i determined this

i can make a video showing this if you would like
Yeah go for it. I'm interested.
And like I said, it isn't upper attack until at least someone else can do it. Otherwise it could be deceiving
(Apr. 05, 2011  11:45 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Yeah go for it. I'm interested.
And like I said, it isn't upper attack until at least someone else can do it. Otherwise it could be deceiving

ok, i will

yep, i agree, hopefully others will test it.
(Apr. 05, 2011  10:30 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: well like i PMed you a while back, i got midnight to lift earth bull 145wd multiple times in a row with the combo: MF midnight virgo 100f, i don't know if anyone else has tried because they think midnight is useless and do not try it

Evan said that midnight has no upper, but he tested with MF-H midnight ____ 85F, the problem with that is that (i think) 85F is to low to let the whole slope hit (with 100F midnight hits 145wd just above midnight's smash points, with 85F midnight should hit about halfway up the slope which lessens the upper)

i do not have 85, but by looking with my 100 and calculating the difference i determined this

i can make a video showing this if you would like

I can retest again at 100 or 105 if you'd like. What clear wheel would you like to see? Libra increases the amount of smash on midnight, but not upper. I will include MF-H and Metal Flat to increase the upper potential.
But metal flat is a lot taller than flat. So you need to change the track height to compensate for that difference.
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:02 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: But metal flat is a lot taller than flat. So you need to change the track height to compensate for that difference.

90 sound good?
I don't know the exact height difference of those bottoms so you're goig to have to do some math.

I don't think you will be able to go low enough to make up for the difference :\
Evan: with metal flat 85 would be best i think, i myself found virgo best (i will explain why in the video i will make about it), and i think sagittario might work as well from just looking at midnight and it together
Screw on 85 has the possibilty of doing upper attack, especially against 145 heights. It only works best when having high rpm. Just launch it properly, and it is possible for it to do "Upper Smash". I will do vids when i have time
I actually have a very small MFB collection, but a huge plastic collection.. According to the results, my combo- Storm Pegasus 100 B had awesome upper attack and it picked up heavy beys like Draciel G and Draciel MBD..... I think that these results might be of some help...?
Hey,
I bought a Big Bang Pegasis,
and I found out that it MAY have upper attack potential.....?
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:07 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Screw on 85 has the possibilty of doing upper attack, especially against 145 heights. It only works best when having high rpm. Just launch it properly, and it is possible for it to do "Upper Smash". I will do vids when i have time

(Apr. 05, 2011  8:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: It's not really as much "upper attack" as "Smash in an upward direction". It's not traditional upper attack, but screw, with pisces or horogium, does have "heavy upper smash", on it's second slopes (the parts with the "spike up" at the end).

kinda beaten, but a video would be nice

Meteo LDrago: maybe, not much testing is done on it

@janpegasus:well since it was vs plastic i do not think it counts much, but i think storm may have potential