MFB Upper Attack - A Theory

Yo dawgs,
So I've been reading all the conversations in Mc Frowns Beywiki Draft, about upper attack, and a interesting point that was made was this-

Imagine a car/skateboarder travelling, which will lift the car/skateboard higher- a ramp that approaches from the front head-on, or a ramp that approaches from behind?

The answer is obvious, but what about this- the car/skateboarder is moving at a snail pace(just to exaggerate and to help explain- 0.000001 mph), and the ramp is moving extremely fast (another exaggeration- 10 000 mph), now which one is going to get lifted higher- ramp from front or behind? There wouldnt be much of a difference.

So now back to upper attack, I had just wrote a draft about L Drago 105 F. The slopes it has have the shape upper attack needs, but fails to have upper attack. So now this goes back to the contradiction I had for the ramp- what if the right spin beyblade is launched very weakly and l drago is launched 100%? So I tried it. The result was as I had expected it to be- the right spin beyblade was lifted off the stadium. But how will this help us in a real life battle? It won't, the other person isn't going to launch weakly on purpose.

So, let's go back to the original theory that upper attack needs to be in the same direction. What wheels have a form of slope? Well the Italians seem to believe that Vulcan shows upper potential, and I trust them. It has been mentioned that galaxy and Metal system Pegasis have proper slopes for upper attack, and looking at them, it seems like they do.

So now we have 3 right spin wheels with proper slopes-
Galaxy
Pegasis
Vulcan
So now I tried to see which clear wheels would expose the most amount of allow on each wheel. Here's what seemed to be best(with the clear wheels I have)-
Galaxy leone
Pegasis
Vulcan horuseus
Now we need added spin velocity. Simple, metal face or metal face heavy.
And the lowest track is 85, so there's out track of choice. Now we have
MF-H Galaxy Leone 85 __
MF-H Pegasis 85__
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85__
(I don't have hell, but it appears that it may have good slopes. It is very wide so it will have added Rotational velocity[learned this thanks to Mc Frown] which will hopefully assist in upper attack)
what about the bottom? I want movement, but I also want more stamina than the opposing beyblade, since upper attack is more effective when the opposing beyblade has lower spin velocity. As I used a couple bottoms, I got to hf, and then realized- Metal Flat!

Now we have-
Mf-h galaxy leone 85 mf
Mf-h Pegasis 85 mf
Mf-h Vulcan horuseus 85 mf
All the criteria is there, but the big question is- will it actually work?

A guess it that heavy wheels in defence combos such as earth and libra will negate this effect? Against stamina, will the other beyblades spin velocity negate the upper attack, or will it's light weight cause upper to be more effective against it?
Against attack, could these be KOed, not able to make contact, or not low enough to get under the attack type's wheel?
Write what you think Joyful_2
If you launched the right spin bey so weakly, how could you tell if it was lifted up, or it just got knocked out due to hard contact?
It KOed a few times, then I tried some more, until it didn't KO and I could properly see
good read, this is very interesting.
Gemios and giraffe expose more of vulcan, and the slopes of bull complement vulcan nicely, suggesting they may help with upper.
However, I don't really think upper is that viable, given the amount of recoil metal wheels have, plus the increased weight. Really, I think you'd just get smash attack in an upward direction.
MF/MF-M+Low Track+MF
Thie biggest problem is that metal has so much recoil most would-be "Upper Attacks" just bounce off Smash style instead.
Yep, the 2 problems I see that could negate the upper attack are-
1) not enough spin velocity over the other beyblade
2) recoil
I am pretty sure Quetz has force smash two, amirite? I mean, you mentioned Galaxy which in my informal tests did mediocre and I was looking for the same thing you were. Though, it was not with MF. Would MF-M>MF in this case, or is that completely inconsequential?
I don't own quetz, so I honestly have no clue. From some quick little tests(I don't want to scratch my bootyful galaxy 'till I get a new one) galaxy does not do so well.

And the mf-h/mf-m thing can be very finicky, and the difference in results may just come down to a difference in the way it's launched. I just picked mf-h since it's the heaviest and I figured it would give the most spin velocity.

There's gotta be a way that will let the upper attack beyblade have retained spin velocity so that it's upper attack can take effect. We just need to find a way...
Vulcan has proven itself as a wheel of having upper attack when I fought my brother and his Defense bey.
I believe that all we have to make is so that the CLEAR wheel make contact on the bottom of the bey, since plastic has no recoil. All we have to find is a clear wheel with good contact. We need a metal wheel that exposes clear wheels.
Rock has nothing on top of it, but it's overhang at the bottom does limit how low you can get, plus it has too much recoil, and it's width adds to the problem. That said, I use Rock Escolpio 100F for fun, though it's not the greatest Uncertain
What about killer??
@shika blade- why would we want as little as possible recoil?
It's still an attack type, we want to reveal the slopes with clear wheels for this, that way we can lift the opposing beyblade off the stadium as well as KO it.

Killer is far too light, and has very minimal slopes. It would get forced downwards towards the stadium.
Quality thread Fisherman!

Just a quick suggestion, I tried experimenting and found that unicorno exposes all 3 wings on galaxy and by a fair amount. I will be getting a quetz and a vulcan in like 2-3 days so sit tight lol. Are there any test results?
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:19 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Quality thread Fisherman!

Just a quick suggestion, I tried experimenting and found that unicorno exposes all 3 wings on galaxy and by a fair amount. I will be getting a quetz and a vulcan in like 2-3 days so sit tight lol. Are there any test results?

Sweet, I don't have unicorno.
No tests yet, I couldn't replicate the higher spin velocity needed. I don't have metal flat, and I think that may be the deciding factor.
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:22 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:19 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Quality thread Fisherman!

Sweet, I don't have unicorno.
No tests yet, I couldn't replicate the higher spin velocity needed. I don't have metal flat, and I think that may be the deciding factor.

Higher spin velocity huh? Hmm... so the tip needs as less friction as possible, and in an attack stadium the lowest part is in the center. The lower the bey the better right? SO instead of looking for low friction attack tips, why not use stamina/defense based tips such as MB or PD? Spin Velocity would increase, and since the entire purpose is to defeat stamina / defense, these beys gravitate towards the center. I think it might work...
I think that could work, but only near the beginning of the battle. We still need movement speed for it to lift the other beyblade up while still being able to KO it. If we use a stamina bottom like pd, then near the end, it will barely be able to lift the other beyblade, and just get forced downward, or not even be able to get proper contact underneath.

One thing I was just thinking might assist, is sliding shoot with an over exaggerated banking. It will add more speed, and will allow it to get underneath the opposing bey better.
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:32 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I think that could work, but only near the beginning of the battle. We still need movement speed for it to lift the other beyblade up while still being able to KO it. If we use a stamina bottom like pd, then near the end, it will barely be able to lift the other beyblade, and just get forced downward, or not even be able to get proper contact underneath.

One thing I was just thinking might assist, is sliding shoot with an over exaggerated banking. It will add more speed, and will allow it to get underneath the opposing bey better.

Well the whole point of attack types is to finish the round off quickly right? Also, I think your idea might work. From what I noticed, (this was a fixed battle just to see if Galaxy even had upper) we need to find a lower tip which still has good stamina. I think this, coupled with 85 could give galaxy the upper it needs. I tested Galaxy Unicorno 100HF vs. Flame Bull 145 HF/S (S) and it definitely had upper... the trick is finding the right parts which utilize it.
And also, if it doesn't KO the opposing beyblade, then it can still outspin other attack types, and outpin RS/rsf/cs defense types.
I know, I know, I'm double posting, but I made a discovery.Chief - Idea!
I was looking through my wheels, mainly the attack ones, and then I saw earth lying nearbyChief - Hmm .... The angle it was at let me see the curves on the top of it.
Then I realized that earth could be the one DJ 2002 - Yeah!

I tried it out, in another rigged battleDJ - Fab!(the other beyblade launched weaker), to see if earth has upper attack potential when it has higher spin velocity, and I was very surprised DJ - Shock!. It actually had some very decent upper attack. near the end when the other beyblade had almost zero spin left, earth made it flip DJ 2002 - Shock!.
I think that earth and metal flat may be the way to go, it would help out tremendously with the spin velocity loss
I think Earth's 'ramps' are not steep enough, but I'll do some testing. Mind telling me what height you used? I have a feeling 100 would be best..
I just used mf-h earth gemios/horuseus(I preferred horuseus) 85 hf
I did it against burn bull 145 sd
You'll probably have to do a rigged battle like it did, (unless you have metal flat) so just launch lighter with the other combo. Not so much that it is about to fall over in five seconds, but so that it is wobbling a bit.

The biggest slopes on it is where the two heads of the eagles on the clear wheel are(at the perimeter obviously)
Wow, definitley deserves to be in the Adv Forums. I mean I'm still trying to understand the quality of the discovery you found.

Kudos to you. Also don't forget Screw wheel, even tho it needs more testing.
Well, you don't know how much I appreciate that, thank you Joyful_2
That made my day, I'm really happy nowJoyful_2

And I can't believe I forgot about screw, it's "maximum upper" ahah