MFB String Shooter Confirmed

So you can see how it works, slightly :
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g66514040
(Second picture.)
GYYUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN~
Could be wrong, but based on the size of the thing, looks like it might actually have a ridiculously high gear ratio. The "string" looks like it might be quite short. Ideally, you'd get more rotations over length when compared to the MFB Winders with their shooters. Granted, this is mere conjecture based on the pictures.
(Oct. 26, 2008  8:56 PM)Spinster Wrote: Could be wrong, but based on the size of the thing, looks like it might actually have a ridiculously high gear ratio. The "string" looks like it might be quite short. Ideally, you'd get more rotations over length when compared to the MFB Winders with their shooters. Granted, this is mere conjecture based on the pictures.
the string is smaller but you can make this very strong if you pullhard the just before the string reaches the end let go ill show it in a video
Great, can't wait to see the video.
According to the description on TRU Japan, it's supposed to have 50% more power than the standard shooter. I'm worried that it's easy to break the shooter because the string won't come out like a winder would.
Hmmm, the good thing about this winder is you wouldn't have issues with the string fraying like the old String Shooter (Daichi Shooter).

But I could see the string snapping because of intense use and as Anubis said, it won't come out like a winder.
(Oct. 29, 2008  4:50 PM)Anubis Wrote: According to the description on TRU Japan, it's supposed to have 50% more power than the standard shooter. I'm worried that it's easy to break the shooter because the string won't come out like a winder would.
they should dhange it because they way the box suggest you launch resuce the power
(Oct. 29, 2008  10:43 PM)japbeyblader Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2008  4:50 PM)Anubis Wrote: According to the description on TRU Japan, it's supposed to have 50% more power than the standard shooter. I'm worried that it's easy to break the shooter because the string won't come out like a winder would.
they should change it because they way the box suggest you launch reduce the power
LOL the launcher grip in the first post was bought at "old man".
So is anyone going to actually discuss the Shooter?

Well, I only had my MFB for like 2 days now and when I first got the Shooter, It sucked. The RPM of the blade was lower and i was afraid to break it. Now I like it quite a lot with the grip. Reason is because it gives me a sort of Catapult feeling when I pull the string all the way back.

What happens is when you launch, and the string gets to the end of it's line, it forced you to jerk your hand back a little which makes the blade fly backwards. Similar in how the Catapult grip would shoot beys forward.

I already found a use for it with my Libra combo. Hopefully we can find more uses.
Well this certainly looks better then the first MFB string shooters. But I'm still not looking forward to using it......
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:20 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: So is anyone going to actually discuss the Shooter?

Well, I only had my MFB for like 2 days now and when I first got the Shooter, It sucked. The RPM of the blade was lower and i was afraid to break it. Now I like it quite a lot with the grip. Reason is because it gives me a sort of Catapult feeling when I pull the string all the way back.

What happens is when you launch, and the string gets to the end of it's line, it forced you to jerk your hand back a little which makes the blade fly backwards. Similar in how the Catapult grip would shoot beys forward.

I already found a use for it with my Libra combo. Hopefully we can find more uses.

Great. Seems like you've overcomed the one wall of the Bey Launcher.
So..has anyone actually used this for extensive use like as a primary launcher?..how is it?
I only use it for my attack combos. Only because of the catapult-like feature. For my other combos, I use the winder and shooter.
So it is actually useful in terms of if you wanted to use if to primary use right?
(Dec. 25, 2008  1:31 AM)Bluezee Wrote: So it is actually useful in terms of if you wanted to use if to primary use right?

Everlasting_Blader just said he only uses it for Attack Combos. Unless he used only Attack Combos, he isn't saying it's definitely useful for primary use.

Do you have a MFB shooter? If you have the standard one, why not get the String Shooter if you have the money?

Or, you could look at it this way: We already know how the standard Shooter works properly (since you likely won't be seriously fighting a MFB against an HMS, the gap in strength between the Dual Shooter and the MFB Shooter doesn't matter), but the String Shooter is still questionable. If you need a Shooter before a specific date, or something, then get the standard shooter. Go with what we know works instead of taking a shot in the dark.
The thing is, i dont have the standard one so the string launcher will be my first one ever..i just dont want to have something useless that may end up being like the old hms string launcher which was horrible
(Dec. 25, 2008  4:16 AM)Bluezee Wrote: The thing is, i dont have the standard one so the string launcher will be my first one ever..i just dont want to have something useless that may end up being like the old hms string launcher which was horrible

Wait, so you've already ordered it?

If so, I guess you'll be the one to tell us if it's really effective then. :-P

Keep in mind the HMS string launcher had a lot of problems, and the way it was set up was fairly different.
Yes I already ordered it, so i guess i will be the tester then..hope im not wasting money i could use on a new booster lol
I'd say buy a starter also. The String shooter is, to me, only to be used with attack blades/combos.
(Dec. 25, 2008  2:25 PM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: The String shooter is, to me, only to be used with attack blades/combos.

What? What makes you think so?
Well I'd rather use it on something that uses less endurance than with something that relies on endurance.
^ But you're gonna need that spin to get a decent attack....
It's pretty hard for me to get used to it... but I think i found something intresting on it. some of the string shooters have a hol on the pulling handle, while the others have it covered. Was this a part of Takaratomy's plan, or what?
Edit: Cwapalations! That's another string shooter i broke....