MFB Solo Spin Time Thread

Obviously this is just for fun as it doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is interesting to see what you can get. Post your best solo spin time with the combination you used, stadium, launcher, and launch technique.

Plastic:
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: 10-Balance
BB: Metal Sting Base

Stadium: Vortex
Launcher: Dranzer Grip
Launch technique: Standard
Time: Approximately 2:18:58

HMS:
BP: Samurai Upper
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Semi-Flat Core

Stadium: Vortex
Launcher: Dual Shooter
Launch technique: Standard
Time: Approximately 2:42:53

I know I can definitely do better for HMS, so I'll post some more times later.
I seriously broke 4 minutes with an uncustomized, freshly out of the box DEMS in TBTS.

I was never able to do it again after having used the tip, but yeah, I thought that was fairly impressive.
Roan Wrote:I seriously broke 4 minutes with an uncustomized, freshly out of the box DEMS in TBTS.

I was never able to do it again after having used the tip, but yeah, I thought that was fairly impressive.

I once got 5 minutes with this. Lips_sealed
Bey Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I seriously broke 4 minutes with an uncustomized, freshly out of the box DEMS in TBTS.

I once got 5 minutes with this. Lips_sealed

Damn.
I imagine Metal Ape, Circle Heavy and a fresh Metal Change Core could get some insane spin time.
Bey Brad Wrote:I imagine Metal Ape, Circle Heavy and a fresh Metal Change Core could get some insane spin time.

It actually can. Anubis posted this on BBF (yes, I have some threads saved from there):

Anubis Wrote:I got over (but almost exactly) four minutes with the following combination. I do not have the exact time any longer. It was only a few seconds over 4 minutes.

AR: Metal Ape
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Metal Sharp Core, mint, lightly oiled tip.

I believe I was using Tornado Balance stadium. The flat surface at the bottom allowed it to achieve a higher spin time. With more finely tuned parts, I'm sure a higher spin time is more than possible. COG testing can find out which parts out of a run have the best center of gravity. Normally, it is done with the same Beyblade but only changing the WD to find the WD COG. You use a wind-up shooter to achieve the same shot every time. However, I don't know how this technique could be utilized to test HMS Beys.
I am starting to think I might have only broken four minutes with DEMS, not five as I recall.
Bey Brad Wrote:I am starting to think I might have only broken four minutes with DEMS, not five as I recall.

5 would be insane man, even 4 is pretty difficult to get.
Most I got was like 4min 20sec using Metal Ape/Circle Heavy/Metal Change Core in TBTS. Also got around the same time but using Dranzer MF's RC instead, which I found odd (can't remember if I used Circle Wide or Heavy there).
What are your guys best times for plastics? Of the customizations I used last night, I had a hard time even breaking 2 minutes.
You should be able to break at least 3... It's probably the stadium you're using.
I got around 3 min 30 sec with a wolborg MS
G Wrote:You should be able to break at least 3... It's probably the stadium you're using.

You think so? I figured Vortex would be good for this sort of thing as its fairly big and open. I'll try some different stadiums though and see what happens.
It's a lot flatter than most stadiums which is probably one of the main reasons for it I'm guessing.
Isn't movement in this case a bad thing?
I was thinking that, but it's somewhere along the line with limiting its movement if it doesn't get to move around the stadium. Like if you used a Bey with a bearing and shaft on a flat surface, it'll still spin, but not as long since weight would be more focused on the bearing and shaft than if it were to use some of its movement to move around a stadium... that's a rough explanation, but I bet someone could rephrase it.
flashfox Wrote:Isn't movement in this case a bad thing?
Thats what I figured, seeing as if it hits walls then that would lower its spin velocity.
G Wrote:I was thinking that, but it's somewhere along the line with limiting its movement if it doesn't get to move around the stadium. Like if you used a Bey with a bearing and shaft on a flat surface, it'll still spin, but not as long since weight would be more focused on the bearing and shaft than if it were to use some of its movement to move around a stadium... that's a rough explanation, but I bet someone could rephrase it.
Vortex doesn't limit a Beyblades movement, it gives it more room. This way if the base being used moves at all, it most likely won't hit any walls. I'd like to hear a different explanation of this though.
From what i heard of G's explaination, and correct me if i'm wrong, is that if a bey can't move when it's suppose to move in a stadium, then more weight is applied to the core of the blade, which lowers the spinning power of the bey since it wants to move but can't, therefore, the force is applied on the bey's core instead of naturally flowing out.

but my theory that the best solo spin beys don't move. they focus force on spinning with zero movement. I would guess 10 bistool or 10 mbd bistool would be a good example of this for good solo spin time, or driger s base (metal change?) with 10 bistool
Is it different than the Thunder Rumbler? A bey uses its spin up faster in a flatter surface since it has to keep spinning, but since it's not going around in a circle in such a stadium, movement is wasted which is why attack types can't reach a higher velocity in Hasbro stadiums compared to Takara ones. Also, try a SG Metal Flat 2 BB in it. Last time I tried one, it barely could go in a circle.
I've found that generally, the less a beyblade moves the longer it will spin for. Movement is caused by friction between the spinning tip and the stadium, the less friction, the longer spin thanks to less resistance and hence less movement. I've not had the chance to test the difference between Hasbro and Takara stadiums, but from what you say the difference would be interesting to see. I think my record was 212 seconds, but I can't remember what the combination, circumstances were or even what I was spinning it on, so I'll discount it until I can re-test Tongue_out I may not be an up-to-date or indeed an advanced blader but I do like Physics Tongue_out
Well I think blades would overall have more endurance in Takara stadiums because of the fact the Hasbro just HAD to put in bumps and circles into the stadiums.
I once got a very high spin time (around 4:30) with this combo:

BC: Tightest version available (e.g. Jiraiya)
AR: Metal Ape
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Free Shaft Core (Dranzer MF)

I'm unsure of the Weight Disk I used but it was definately one of the 3 basics; Circle Wide, Circle Balance or Circle Heavy. A mint Free Shaft Core has fantastic solo spin time despite its poor perfomance in battle combinations. It's a shame it's redundant in competitive battling because I remember being shocked at the endurance it has.
flashfox Wrote:From what i heard of G's explaination, and correct me if i'm wrong, is that if a bey can't move when it's suppose to move in a stadium, then more weight is applied to the core of the blade, which lowers the spinning power of the bey since it wants to move but can't, therefore, the force is applied on the bey's core instead of naturally flowing out.
I can agree with this, but Vortex doesn't do that to the Beyblade. It allows it to move more freely than something like Spin Blaster which is much smaller.
G Wrote:Is it different than the Thunder Rumbler? A bey uses its spin up faster in a flatter surface since it has to keep spinning, but since it's not going around in a circle in such a stadium, movement is wasted which is why attack types can't reach a higher velocity in Hasbro stadiums compared to Takara ones. Also, try a SG Metal Flat 2 BB in it. Last time I tried one, it barely could go in a circle.
I'm not familiar with that stadium, but Vortex is the biggest stadium Hasbro produced. It's about as flat as you'll ever see in a Beystadium. What do you mean that its not going around in a circle? The Beyblades have the capability to move a fair bit without hitting any walls.

What does movement have to do with solo spin time though? I believe what Flashfox said, the less movement the better. By SG Metal Flat 2 do you mean GDV? Or Driger V? Either way, I don't own any of them, so I can't test.
G Wrote:I was thinking that, but it's somewhere along the line with limiting its movement if it doesn't get to move around the stadium. Like if you used a Bey with a bearing and shaft on a flat surface, it'll still spin, but not as long since weight would be more focused on the bearing and shaft than if it were to use some of its movement to move around a stadium... that's a rough explanation, but I bet someone could rephrase it.

Theoretically, if you launch a Beyblade into space, it'll spin forever, because there's nothing to stop it spinning.

When you launch it onto a stadium, it pushes against the stadium. Although this causes it to move around the stadium, it also means that it loses spin. Think of it this way, if you have a spinning wheel, and you drop it on the floor, it'll start rolling, but it'll also slow down in the process.

The best way to increase spin time is to have as little friction as possible with the surface. Of course, this means that it'll move less.
haha also its worth noting that air resistance is pretty big source of drag, especially from initial launch speed. I would love to do a test in a vacum...

so if possible thinner atmosphere is ideal
(haha gravity would be reduced as well at higher altitude, win win)