MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

(May. 22, 2014  2:02 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: -Midnight, do you have any test requests? I'd be happy to do them.

Yes, I do!

I'm waiting on both a GB145 and an RSF as of now, and wouldn't want to wait to do testings with Scythe_GB145RSF. Would you mind doing them soon enough?

Thank you, TheWhiteTiger. Your help is much appreciated. (:
Libra 230TB Vs. Sythe Cancer GB145RSF

Libra: 15(All OS)
Sythe: 5(All KO)
Ties: 1

Libra Win Rate: 75%

My thoughts and opinions: My RSF is kind of aggro, but Libra has severe recoil problems when being hit from below. I tried TH170, but still weren't getting good results, it even lowered the Stamina of the bey.

What are people's thoughts on keeping/removing Duo? And possibly adding Libra?
Sorry, haven't had a chance to look at this too closely until now....

-MSF-H Dark Knight Bahamdia (Crystal Up) (GB145/H145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

No tourney experience, no tests....

-MF-H Earth (Bull/Hades/Gasher/Cygnus) (85/90/100) (RSF/RB)
-MF-H Earth (Bull/Hades/Gasher/Cygnus) (GB145/R145) (RSF/CS/RB)
-MF-H Earth (Bull/Hades/Gasher/Cygnus) 230 (RSF/CS/RB)

Earth defense, umm what?

Dark Knight f230 is as if not more potent than meteo f230

The fact that TH170/SR200 TB is not listed for at minimum Scythe if not Libra as well is irritating

Omega is either 85 or 105 nothing in-between

Pegasus II not Pegasus III on Scythe\

Also, just saw Midnight's post, this is a combo (other than the fact that TH170 is so much better for this) I've been ranting about and using with great success in tournaments since limited debuted.
(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Sorry, haven't had a chance to look at this too closely until now....

Fair enough. Ill leave it off and await some tests from members.

(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: -MF-H Earth (Bull/Hades/Gasher/Cygnus) (85/90/100) (RSF/RB)

Earth defense, umm what?

Umm, woah, Earth Defense has always been a must.

(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Dark Knight f230 is as if not more potent than meteo f230

I feel as though there haven't been many tests on it. I like the idea of it though.

(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: The fact that TH170/SR200 TB is not listed for at minimum Scythe if not Libra as well is irritating
I'll add it to Sythe, but still unsure about it on Libra.

(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Omega is either 85 or 105 nothing in-between
Okay. What about CH120.

(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Pegasus II not Pegasus III on Scythe\
Okay.

Thanks for your input Time!
(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Sorry, haven't had a chance to look at this too closely until now....

-MF-H Earth (Bull/Hades/Gasher/Cygnus) (85/90/100) (RSF/RB)

Earth defense, umm what? earth defence is fine...

Dark Knight f230 is as if not more potent than meteo f230

The fact that TH170/SR200 TB is not listed for at minimum Scythe if not Libra as well is irritating-where are the tests?

Omega is either 85 or 105 nothing in-betweenWut?

Pegasus II not Pegasus III on Scythe\

Also, just saw Midnight's post, this is a combo (other than the fact that TH170 is so much better for this) I've been ranting about and using with great success in tournaments since limited debuted.
Tournament success is more important than tests.

Go launch a top tier attack type at earth and tell me it doesn't go flying.

At 85, Omega aims to smash the carp out of anything and everything. There was a whole discussion I think in the Omega thread about how we unbanned it because its results on 90 were not that impressive, but then 85 was incredible. 100 should really never be used. 105 is the perfect height to slam GB145 and then CH120 and I guess apparently D125 are Omega's best shots at taking out 230 without sacrificing too much low-track smash
I can honestly say the best a Dark Knight Wyvang is a 12/20 against Earth on a good day.
You would consider wyvang and omega just about the best current attack setups, right?

Well take a look at these tests from ryuzaki and Tr!:

MSF-H Samurai Wyvang GB145R2F (Crystal Up) vs MF-HEarth Aquario GB145CS
Wyvang: 10/20 ( 1 OS, 9 KO'S)
Earth: 10/20 (10 OS's, 0 KO's)
Wyvang Win Rate: 50%

MF-H Omega Uranus 90R2F vs. MF-H Earth Aquario R145CS
Omega Uranus: 10 wins (All KO)
Earth Aquario: 10 wins (1 KO, 9 OS)
Omega Uranus win rate: 50%

Omega (OP) only got 50 percent against a CS (only the third best pure defence tip in limited) earth combo. Still think Earth doesn't deserve a spot?
Even I believe Earth should get a spot but it needs more testing by other users.
(May. 22, 2014  6:01 AM)PhantomX Wrote: Even I believe Earth should get a spot but it needs more testing by other users.

I don't agree with this. Earth has had way more than enough testing.
(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Also, just saw Midnight's post, this is a combo (other than the fact that TH170 is so much better for this) I've been ranting about and using with great success in tournaments since limited debuted.

Before testing this out, I was thinking about TH170, but I used 230 as a substitute, because of me not owning one.
(May. 22, 2014  12:18 PM)-Midnight Wrote:
(May. 22, 2014  4:25 AM)Time Wrote: Also, just saw Midnight's post, this is a combo (other than the fact that TH170 is so much better for this) I've been ranting about and using with great success in tournaments since limited debuted.

Before testing this out, I was thinking about TH170, but I used 230 as a substitute, because of me not owning one.

I actually tested TH170 after becuase I thought the same thing, but it actuaaly did the same, if not worse.
DRAGON KING, I meant the tracks for Earth. Sorry for confusing you. Tongue_out And also forgot not disk tracks and RS Tongue_out Yeah I have been hearing people say Earth isn't good enogh but I believe It is good. It has its chances against today's meta attack combos.
(May. 22, 2014  5:12 PM)PhantomX Wrote: DRAGON KING, I meant the tracks for Earth. Sorry for confusing you. Tongue_out And also forgot not disk tracks and RS Tongue_out Yeah I have been hearing people say Earth isn't good enogh but I believe It is good. It has its chances against today's meta attack combos.

Ill play around with earth tonight. Personally I like libra over earth.
Libra pretty much is better then Earth TBH. Though it may change depending on what set-up you use. Earth is right behind Libra IMO, though.
I'd say Libra is better in most cases, mainly defense-wise.
Well libra have recoil and earth doesn't.

I think it strange for a mfh libra 85rsf to lose to a screw attack combo. But earth c145cs does win against it.
Libra's recoil is mainly caused from its underside.
(May. 22, 2014  7:08 PM)Stars Wrote: Well libra have recoil and earth doesn't.

I think it strange for a mfh libra 85rsf to lose to a screw attack combo. But earth c145cs does win against it.
All wheels have recoil to some extent.
(May. 22, 2014  2:02 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Cake, Instead of ED145, might I reccomend WD145. Because ED145 doesn't really offer Meteo the weight distribution that TR145 does.

I don't see how weight distro is really relevant for Meteo, aside from the usual flywheel-effect stuff; usually you want to have concentrated weight to improve Attack, which is definitely not the goal with Meteo. WD145 is awfully recoily and has pretty much zero LAD, which is the entire reason I like ED145 - improved Defense somewhat and impressive LAD.
Same reason Cygnus/Cancer/Aquario is used for Stamina Types...

Yes, and so does ED145.
Cake's right though- ED145 has more LAD than WD145 because WD145's three roller-less free-wings with gaps in between cause the wings to hit the floor, reducing the custom's LAD significantly. ED145's wings, even though not really free-spinning, stops the wings from "hitting" the floor like WD145.

@Stars: Earth C145CS wins because C145 pretty much offers significant defense against lower combos like screw, and Libra 85RSF losing to Screw has never happened to me- Libra's underside is well-protected on LTDC, and it's sides and top doesn't offer much recoil if at all. It's weight also reduces recoil considerably.
(May. 23, 2014  4:33 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Cake's right though- ED145 has more LAD than WD145 because WD145's three roller-less free-wings with gaps in between cause the wings to hit the floor, reducing the custom's LAD significantly. ED145's wings, even though not really free-spinning, stops the wings from "hitting" the floor like WD145.

I think you should re-word taht becuase your kinda controdicting yourself their. But no, ED145 doesn't have any gimmick that allows it to not scrape the ground...

(May. 23, 2014  4:33 AM)RDF3 Wrote: @Stars: Earth C145CS wins because C145 pretty much offers significant defense against lower combos like screw, and Libra 85RSF losing to Screw has never happened to me- Libra's underside is well-protected on LTDC, and it's sides and top doesn't offer much recoil if at all. It's weight also reduces recoil considerably.
R145 works significantly better for the action your describing than C145.
(May. 23, 2014  4:43 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(May. 23, 2014  4:33 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Cake's right though- ED145 has more LAD than WD145 because WD145's three roller-less free-wings with gaps in between cause the wings to hit the floor, reducing the custom's LAD significantly. ED145's wings, even though not really free-spinning, stops the wings from "hitting" the floor like WD145.

I think you should re-word taht becuase your kinda controdicting yourself their. But no, ED145 doesn't have any gimmick that allows it to not scrape the ground...

(May. 23, 2014  4:33 AM)RDF3 Wrote: @Stars: Earth C145CS wins because C145 pretty much offers significant defense against lower combos like screw, and Libra 85RSF losing to Screw has never happened to me- Libra's underside is well-protected on LTDC, and it's sides and top doesn't offer much recoil if at all. It's weight also reduces recoil considerably.
No your wrong ED145 has a free spinning gimmick and is also a top tier track part for defense purpose.

R145 it not a defense track or work significantly better than C145 due it recoil it specifically for Attack type with 3 sided MW ( Bliltz, Pegasus, Pheonic) due to the weight contribution to each side.
(May. 23, 2014  5:42 AM)Stars Wrote:
(May. 23, 2014  4:43 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:

No your wrong ED145 has a free spinning gimmick and is also a top tier track part for defense purpose.

R145 it not a defense track or work significantly better than C145 due it recoil it specifically for Attack type with 3 sided MW ( Bliltz, Pegasus, Pheonic) due to the weight contribution to each side.

Since when is ED145 top tier?

Being One of the heaviest tracks in limited, it is used for defence.