MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

(Jun. 07, 2014  4:53 PM)Leone19 Wrote: It was made before its banning, considering it was there since the announcement of the format.
Ok then. I guess he forgot to change it by mistake.
Very late reply, but Gravity is still a great thing to test against, even though its banned, especially for benchmarks.

Anyways, I will be updating this post with my ideas for the tier list hopefully soon. I really wanna start out fresh with the list, its not very organized at the moment it seems.
Well here's my list of you wanna base anything off of it, or something.

Why not MF on Omega? I think it should be added. I also think TB should be added to Duo 230 for stamina same with Scythe 230 .
Actually yes, that'll be much easier so I won't have to mess with writing up another.

Attack - Omega
Remove any height above 105 except maybe R145. On lower heights, is still handles tall opponents greatly so having CH120 and D125 is really pointless.

Attack - Lightning
Add CH120. Just like with Pegasis, the ability to change helps so greatly depending on the situation.

Attack - Cosmic
Add TH170. From what I've tried with SR200 since I don't have TH170, it did great. I've heard good things from others about it.

Attack - Wyvang
Remove Shinobi all together and use only Samurai for all Wyvang customs. Shinobi adds nothing more and does possibly worse than Samurai, which is heavier. Wyvang is doing all the work anyways, so with Shinobi, it just gets in the way. Also add RSF with RF/R2F/LRF.

Attack - Bahamdia/Balro/Beat
It might seem like I'm discriminating because they all start with B, but no. Remove them from attack completely because they are simply not competitve enough to the point where they deserve a spot yet.

Defense - Earth/Scythe
Remove RB from 230. RB performs best on low heights because on higher heights, RB is more likely to slip over the tornado ridge because of its round surface.

Stamina - Meteo
Remove R145 and add CH120. I think TR145 still deserves a spot though, just because of its fairly round circumference and performance with Meteo. R145 is waaay to recoily.

Also, remove MF-F from all stamina customs. MF-L/M or a regular face usually does better. It's Pegasis II that performs well on Scythe and Burn, not III.

And I can't forget this, for Balance under Libra, I highly suggest some of the popular destabilizers. I'm not sure if one was eer considered the best, but I know there were variants with SR200/TH170 and RB/CS, etc.

(Jun. 27, 2014  5:27 AM)UltimateOrion Wrote: Why not MF on Omega? I think it should be added. I also think TB should be added to Duo 230.

TB on Duo makes it get tossed around more than it already does with MB, so in my opinion Duo should just stay off the list completely.
I agree with everything except adding RSF to Wyvang. From myntesting it couldn't OS Defense well, or KO stamina consistently. Well here's my list of you wanna base anything off of it, or something.

RSF has received tons of competitve use on Wyvang, especially by Kei. And it can KO stamina just fine, unless you meant defense. Even then, it still does well.

Also, remove Aquario from Burn and Scythe in my opinion. Pegasis II or Cancer does much better.
You misspell Scythe, echizen. Also there hasn't been a lot of testing on scythe 230MB, I think you should add duo instead. Your not spelling the zero g in the correct form. Not enough testing or tournament use of Balro. You could combine a lot of those combos. I've posted/PMed you this before, I feel like I'm playing a broken record at this point.
Fixed. I believe there has. Scythe is nearly all around better than Duo TBH. Fixed. This was before I made some edits, so yeah you have, but most of the stuff you say, I don't really agree with.
Direct me to the Scythe 230MB testing please. Also of balro testing? I haven't seen much of it and I've only seen it place like once or twice, once being on a CF combo.
What tests for Scythe 230MB should I do? I don't have a Duo though. Hmm, look in Standard, haha.
(Jun. 27, 2014  6:07 AM)Echizen Wrote: What tests for Scythe 230MB should I do? I don't have a Duo though. Hmm, look in Standard, haha.

You said there's been enough tests already, I'm asking for u to show to the already done tests.

Doesn't always apply the same, like Duo, it's top tier for defence in standard but kinda sucks for defence in limited.
Referring to Duo, that's because they're two completely different wheels with different shapes, weight, etc.
(Jun. 27, 2014  6:25 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  6:07 AM)Echizen Wrote: What tests for Scythe 230MB should I do? I don't have a Duo though. Hmm, look in Standard, haha.

You said there's been enough tests already, I'm asking for u to show to the already done tests.

Doesn't always apply the same, like Duo, it's top tier for defence in standard but kinda sucks for defence in limited.

They're aren't any... I was mistaken to Libra 230MB.

Yeah, but Balro isn't changed any.
(Jun. 27, 2014  5:57 AM)Echizen Wrote: Fixed. I believe there has. Scythe is nearly all around better than Duo TBH. Fixed. This was before I made some edits, so yeah you have, but most of the stuff you say, I don't really agree with.

Would you mind going ahead and editing your list with the suggestions a few of us made a couple of pages back?
(Jun. 27, 2014  6:26 AM)Tr! Wrote: Referring to Duo, that's because they're two completely different wheels with different shapes, weight, etc.

Actually they're shaped are pretty similar.
They perform nothing alike really. If they did, you'd see Duo appear more in this format. The real reason that a wobbler like Duo 230MB won't work in limited is because unlike the TT variant, it does not have the slight imbalance that TT variant was actually looking for. For stamina purposes, the Hasbro Duo would be so much better than a wobbler/destabilizer with 230MB. The TT variant uses its slight unbalanced wheel to its advantage to add more of that wobble to destabilize the opponent. When the Hasbro variant begins this wobble, it starts much sooner. Because of that, it doesn't have that immediate thrust to crash into the opponent like the TT variant. I'm not saying it won't land good hits doing this, but quite honestly it just will not work because it literally might be the most balanced wheel ever released. A set up with a chrome wheel would be much better with this purpose because of the imbalance. Samurai Genbull 230MB (Crystal up) is actually something I'd been looking into. Genbull really does have that slam, unlike Duo. Even Reviser and Killerken did decent as well.

Good luck taking me seriously with my constant use of wobbler.
You should arrange it by Chrome Wheels, not Crystal Wheels. Also, you shouldn't really add this stuff with consulting it here first. That Phoemic combo doesn't deserve a spot (yet) in my opinion. Not near enough results as some of these combos have received. Heck that's why I was skeptical with Cosmic on the list yet.
It was by request of someone else. I had Cosmic off at first, but it use to do decent in Standard.
(Jun. 27, 2014  3:36 PM)Tr! Wrote: They perform nothing alike really. If they did, you'd see Duo appear more in this format. The real reason that a wobbler like Duo 230MB won't work in limited is because unlike the TT variant, it does not have the slight imbalance that TT variant was actually looking for. For stamina purposes, the Hasbro Duo would be so much better than a wobbler/destabilizer with 230MB. The TT variant uses its slight unbalanced wheel to its advantage to add more of that wobble to destabilize the opponent. When the Hasbro variant begins this wobble, it starts much sooner. Because of that, it doesn't have that immediate thrust to crash into the opponent like the TT variant. I'm not saying it won't land good hits doing this, but quite honestly it just will not work because it literally might be the most balanced wheel ever released. A set up with a chrome wheel would be much better with this purpose because of the imbalance. Samurai Genbull 230MB (Crystal up) is actually something I'd been looking into. Genbull really does have that slam, unlike Duo. Even Reviser and Killerken did decent as well.

Good luck taking me seriously with my constant use of wobbler.

I know that they're weight is different and focused different, but I was responding to the part of your post where it said that there shapes weren't similar. Except those cracks/slits TT duo has to change its modes, the surface looks pretty similar.

I just don't think it's right to go put and put balro on there just guessing it will be good going from standard. Also Scythe 230MB.
Balro has recieved little testing actually. Scythe 230MB is not a good destabilizer. It suffers the same way as the Hasbro Duo. As ridiculous as this sounds, I've gotten Jade to get better results. Those overhanging protrusions do good at basically stopping the opponent dead in its tracks and also KOing. Genbull is still the main thing to look into I believe.
(Jun. 27, 2014  4:06 PM)Tr! Wrote: Balro has recieved little testing actually. Scythe 230MB is not a good destabilizer. It suffers the same way as the Hasbro Duo. As ridiculous as this sounds, I've gotten Jade to get better results. Those overhanging protrusions do good at basically stopping the opponent dead in its tracks and also KOing. Genbull is still the main thing to look into I believe.

Yes, I'm saying I dont think they should go up there without more treating or tournament use.
It had okay results: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-H-Sa...-TR145-R2F

Ill do Scythe 230MB tests, against Burn W145WD perhaps?
As multiple members keep telling me "Testing doesn't matter as much as tournament use". Plus that thing only got %65 against a LTSC.