MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

(Jun. 27, 2014  4:09 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  4:06 PM)Tr! Wrote: Balro has recieved little testing actually. Scythe 230MB is not a good destabilizer. It suffers the same way as the Hasbro Duo. As ridiculous as this sounds, I've gotten Jade to get better results. Those overhanging protrusions do good at basically stopping the opponent dead in its tracks and also KOing. Genbull is still the main thing to look into I believe.

Yes, I'm saying I dont think they should go up there without more treating or tournament use.

Yes, I said the same exact thing a page back. They don't need a spot yet.
Okay, I removed Bahamdia as well.
I'm up for adding R145 to wyvang. Opinions?
I actually really like the phoenic combo (heck, it's practically blitz) and could have sworn there was a lot of testing on it a while ago.
There was a good amount of testing here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-MSF-...al-Up-Mode

I'm sure if you search you could a few too.

(Jun. 27, 2014  4:19 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: I'm up for adding R145 to wyvang. Opinions?

I don't think it will do well against LTDC's.
MSF Thief Phoenic R145CS is a combo I've been working on.
It just can't take hits though..
I'd imagine so. Thief and Phoenic have a lot of recoil, low weight. CS doesn't have enough movement for Phoenic fo be useful.
(Jun. 27, 2014  4:37 PM)Echizen Wrote: I'd imagine so. Thief and Phoenic have a lot of recoil, low weight. CS doesn't have enough movement for Phoenic fo be useful.

The reason why I'm using CS is because of the friction and stamina it needs to deliver its R145 attack.
It rebounds most 85 Smash attackers (LLD) but has not enough weight for traction.
Not sure if a MSF-H would help, or not.
MSF = MSF-H, MSF just makes the combo a bit looser.

I'd suggest you use RSF which has a bit less stamina IIRC, but much more movement.
(Jun. 27, 2014  4:43 PM)Echizen Wrote: MSF = MSF-H, MSF just makes the combo a bit looser.

I'd suggest you use RSF which has a bit less stamina IIRC, but much more movement.

I forgot to bring that Tip with me, sadly.
(Actually, ATM I'm using Saramanda and not Phoenic; I lost Phoenic)
I'd use something like Balro or Wyvang, if you have them. If you're looking for Balance. And switch the Crystal Wheel to Samurai.
(Jun. 27, 2014  4:49 PM)Echizen Wrote: I'd use something like Balro or Wyvang, if you have them. If you're looking for Balance. And switch the Crystal Wheel to Samurai.

I don't have Wyvang but I REALLY want it.
Dragon wheels are just everything to me. As long as it has competitive usage.
Does it go well with CS in terms of how it can defend?
Please take this to the BMAC guys.
I have an idea: Add Orion to low track customs. Specifically Burn ___ 85MF. Cake posted it somewhere, and personally I really like it. I may do some comparative tests tomorrow.
Was there testing? I don't see how it'd necisarily help on that custom, which would need a very well balanced wheel like Cancer.
Orion gives it a significant destabilization and CW Attack effect. It's also not that bad for Stamina, though it's not as good as Cancer or Cygnus.

I did some testing in the "overlooked parts" thread:
(Jun. 29, 2014  12:32 AM)Cake Wrote: One part that I think needs some testing for Limited is Orion. It's a modest 3g, but it has some nice slopes on it which allow it to be slightly Attack-y and actually allows it to destabilize opponents.

Look at this testing I did with a random destabilizer-style Burn setup.

Burn Cancer W145WD vs Burn Orion 105SF
Orion wins: 15 (8 OS, 7 KO)
Cancer wins: 5 (all OS)
Orion %: 75%

Now, that isn't really good enough to merit Orion being useful as purely a destabilizer (especially since the rest of the setup is untested), but I expect it may help Burn MF and LTSCs gain an additional edge against taller opponents.

I was going to try using that Burn destabilizer in a tournament today, but my SF broke during free play, and so I was not able to use it.

I'll do some testing with Burn Orion 85MF because the other stuff I was going to test isn't working out ATM because I've been doing very poorly with Attack lately, which is kind of important for testing Attack types...
(Jul. 02, 2014  11:40 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Was there testing? I don't see how it'd necisarily help on that custom, which would need a very well balanced wheel like Cancer.

The reason it would help becuase it's at such a low height, allowing for the slopes of Orion to make signifcant contact.
Might be worth considering adding to RB to Wyvang. If you have an aggressive one, it can potentially be even more effective than RSF. Plus, it's slightly taller (I believe) which is useful depending on what you're playing against.

(Jun. 27, 2014  5:29 AM)Tr! Wrote: Attack - Wyvang
Remove Shinobi all together and use only Samurai for all Wyvang customs. Shinobi adds nothing more and does possibly worse than Samurai, which is heavier. Wyvang is doing all the work anyways, so with Shinobi, it just gets in the way.

Shinobi is more aggressively designed, and–depending on your Samurai/Shinobi–sometimes heavier too. It's worth adding to Wyvang because it is a part that allows you to make your combo slightly more aggressive, which might be desirable in some situations.

(Jun. 27, 2014  4:19 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: I'm up for adding R145 to wyvang. Opinions?

I've been using R145 on Wyvang for a while now. It deserves to be added. H145 might do more harm than good in some cases, and R145 is heavier.

(Jun. 27, 2014  4:26 PM)Echizen Wrote: I don't think it will do well against LTDC's.

As long as Wyvang is on the bottom, you probably won't run into a lot of trouble.

I updated it based on what Kei had to say. Should MSF-H ___ Wyvang GB145/H145/R145RSF/RB be added to Balance or attack? Obviously it's not really an attack combo, but just to be certain.
I would actually suggest adding RB/RSF to every Attack custom lol

It's treated as Attack - you just use a less aggressive tip than RF/R2F/LRF to prevent accidental self-KOs. With RF/R2F/LRF on a lighter combo, you move very, very fast, but it can be difficult to control, and can cause you to self-KO either by just running out of the Stadium or smashing into a heavier Defense combo on RB/RSF, then bouncing off and KOing yourself via recoil. With RB/RSF, your launch will always be less aggro than the same launch on RF/R2F/LRF, but instead of having to worry about controlling the speed of the beyblade and keeping it from self-KOing, you have to do the opposite- launch it more aggressively than normal to get an aggro flower pattern. Basically you are trading one kind of possible mis-launch for another - with RF/R2F/LRF you could possibly mis-launch and self-KO, while with RB/RSF you may not launch aggressively enough and the beyblade may settle into a passive position. However, it still could be knocked into an aggro movement, and I would personally take an Attack type that stopped moving over one that got KOed entirely. You at least have some chance of winning if you are still in the stadium.

Now, this doesn't really apply to Synchromes, because they are heavy enough that they dampen the speed RF/R2F/LRF to the point where they are pretty easy to prevent from self-KOing, but for the purposes of Limited, where beyblades are much lighter, RB/RSF are potentially viable.

Also, I think Lightning LTAC is worth a shot - it can't do a lot against 230, but it pretty much wrecks anything 145 or lower.
In the Wyvang section why aren't any LTAC's listed? I personally found them to work really welll. Things like Shinobi Wyvang 85 RB, Dark Knight Wyvang 90 LRF all work. Me and th!nk done some testing and I even believe we posted the results I got. So I'd like to see that one there. I can provide tests if needed...
Also, for any Shinobi attack custom, always add Wyvang. Wyvang's contact points line up perfectly with Shinobi creating some pretty good Smash. It can land hard hits with pretty much anything it battles.

I'm not in favour of keeping Cosmic on the list. I'll admit it has decent attack, but they're just many more valuable options IMO. Its Smash power isn't as nearly as good as some of the other customs listed there. Anyone else agree..?

From my testing, Omega scraps as hell on 85. I'd personally take that off. Just a thought.

I'm also up for LLD being added.

This is all I'll say for now to see if anyone else address there opinion's.
Cosmic can KO Burn and Earth pretty well and that's it's primary job. On the other hand it has no chance against Libra or pretty much any Defense so it is on shakes ground, but I think it should remain.

Why not have a B:D combo in Stamina? In my exprience it works good enough to be top tier, but not as good as TR145EWD/WD. So it's just another option.

I agree with taking 85 off of Omega. It can literally scrape away someone's chances of winning. No pun invented.

LLD is up there under attack. Unless your talking about some other type which I doubt.
(Jul. 03, 2014  2:44 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: In the Wyvang section why aren't any LTAC's listed? I personally found them to work really welll. Things like Shinobi Wyvang 85 RB, Dark Knight Wyvang 90 LRF all work. Me and th!nk done some testing and I even believe we posted the results I got. So I'd like to see that one there. I can provide tests if needed...
Also, for any Shinobi attack custom, always add Wyvang. Wyvang's contact points line up perfectly with Shinobi creating some pretty good Smash. It can land hard hits with pretty much anything it battles.

I'm not in favour of keeping Cosmic on the list. I'll admit it has decent attack, but they're just many more valuable options IMO. Its Smash power isn't as nearly as good as some of the other customs listed there. Anyone else agree..?

From my testing, Omega scraps as hell on 85. I'd personally take that off. Just a thought.

I'm also up for LLD being added.

This is all I'll say for now to see if anyone else address there opinion's.

I agree about Omega- 85 is just too low for it, especially with it's slight overhang- it just scrapes way too much for me. I think we should keep Cosmic, personally. I think for now, LLD can be added, as there are not too many other great Left-Spin Attackers, aside from Dark Knight.

(Jul. 03, 2014  3:39 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Why not have a BGrin combo in Stamina? In my exprience it works good enough to be top tier, but not as good as TR145EWD/WD. So it's just another option.

I've seen things like Libra BGrin work pretty well (at AN, specifically), but there just hasn't been much formal testing for BGrin customs.

I really dislike Meteo BGrin, though, from personal experience, it just doesn't work as effectively as CH120/TR145
EWD.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I personally think Burn 230 D should be added, as it's worked well for me, better than Earth 230 D, in the past, but I know there is again, the lack of formal testing on it; same with Libra F230 CF for me- I'll try to get tests done later for it, if I can. To me, as Meteo F230 is compared to Dragoon F230 (ZRG/STD), Libra F230 can be comparable to Duo F230 (ZRG/STD).
@Ryûzaki-

I would be 100% behind pretty much any kind of Dark Knight LTAC - I've even got a thread for one in my signature. Dark Knight is absurdly strong to begin with against anything taller than itself, and adding Wyvang can't hurt at all.
Cake's first post, some combos actually need the added speed to get KO's. I'm sure something like Cosmic or Omega won't need RF/R2F/LRF, because Omega relies somewhat on Upper Smash and Cosmic relies on Force Smash, but then there's things like Pegasis who need a bit more speed.

@Ryûzaki, I'll add MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang. I like Cosmic somewhat. It had good results against 4D beyblades... Omega has never scraped for me, plus for it to get the most adavantage against 145 height Beyblades is on 85. LLD? It is on there...?

RagerBlade, there hasn't been any testing what-so-ever. But I've been playing Scythe BGrin and I love it, haha.

Leone19, well considering you all agree to take it off, what should it be changed to? Do you think you can do some testing for Burn 230D? That would be great, but Libra has quite a nit of undersided recoil.

Cake's second post, would a RB/RSF addition to the LTAC be a good idea?