MF/MF-H Basalt Cancer/Bull/Aquario 85B

Looking at Basalt, I find it intriguing. It's weight had dominated Defense and stands well in Stamina and from my tests is pretty good at anti-meta. I looked at it, and I selected some parts to create a destabilizer, MF Basalt Cancer 85B. MF makes Basalt harder to move. Cancer is a staple Destabilizing CW, and Bull is a staple Defense CW. (It's actually been discovered that it doesn't really matter what CW you use, but Bull and Cancer are the safest CW's to use.) 85 creates the low height needed to get underneath the Bey. And B has enough Stamina and aggresive movement.

EQUIPMENT:
MFB Attack Stadium
Beylauncher
3 Sg. Launcher Grip

PROCEDURES:
Basalt Cancer shot last
Best out of 10
Attack shot last with Sliding Shoot

AGAINST STAMINA (Click to View)

AGAINST DEFENSE (Click to View)

Now, what I expected to be the kryptonite of this combo gave me suprising results:

AGAINST BD145 (Click to View)

It seems to do well against attack, too.

AGAINST ATTACK (Click to View)

OTHER MEMBER'S TESTS (Click to View)

The combo works as a destabilizer because of three reasons:

WEIGHT: This is the obvious but important factor here. Because of this weight, it is hard to be KO'd, even when using B on it. It also hits hard - Hell Kerbecs lost many times to KO.

SHAPE: On top of Basalt, there are ridges that feel like a gear. I don't want to garuntee, but I think that those really help in destabilizing, grinding the bottom of the Bey.

VELOCITY: Using B not only gives it aggresive movement and more Stamina, it gives Basalt more velocity because of it's low grip. This velocity helps it "grind" the bottom of the Bey faster and more effectively, blowing the opponent away.

I have to say that I'm really suprised that out of the 70 tests I did, Basalt only lost three times. I'm especially suprised that Basalt managed to take out BD145 at such a low height.

So, my fellow Bladers, I have three tasks for you (and of course I'll be helping):

AD145 Testing
More tests
Tweaking!

If there's anything that makes this combo better, tell me! A combo should not be held back.

Thanks to Uwik for finding the weakness for this combo (so far):
Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD! And thanks to Control for finding the other weakness: 230!

Anyway, give me criticism, thoughts, tests, etc. Thanks!

-Ink.
Try this against some attack combos please. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is a priority, I want to see if this thing can stand its ground against attack combos too not just defense and stamina combos.
If only I had 85 and B but sadly I don't. Anyway, I agree with Hero. How does this stand to attack combos? Test against MF LLD 100/BD145RF/LRF.
Also can you test this against LTSC because it seems to only be tested against 145 heights Tongue_out
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:42 AM)Hero Wrote: Try this against some attack combos please. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is a priority, I want to see if this thing can stand its ground against attack combos too not just defense and stamina combos.

I don't have an L Beylauncher... but if you accept TT Winder results, I can give you that.
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:46 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Also can you test this against LTSC because it seems to only be tested against 145 heights Tongue_out

Hah, what's LTSC?
Low track stamina combos
eg earth aquario 90wd things like that Tongue_out
MFB Attack Stadium
Beylauncher
3 Sg. Grip
Attack Shot last and with Sliding Shoot

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 70%
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F: 30%

Not too bad.
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:50 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Low track stamina combos
eg earth aquario 90wd things like that Tongue_out

On it.
I tested that occasionally, Rock Giraffe can KO Basalt. Why don't you try it?
Rock isn't so bad, it is VERY usefull in hi-grip defense types. For example, you have rock leone, and opponent has a Flame Pyxis. If you had Earth Leone, it wouldn't of had been able to KO Flame before it out-staminas Leo.
(Jun. 04, 2011  6:18 AM)Bull2951 Wrote: I tested that occasionally, Rock Giraffe can KO Basalt. Why don't you try it?

I don't have Rock Giraffe, and what's the track and tip?
R145 WB i can test but i don't have a B i will try to get it off my cousin Tongue_out
Its depending on the arena... i have wider arena,
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:54 AM)Ink. Wrote: MFB Attack Stadium
Beylauncher
3 Sg. Grip
Attack Shot last and with Sliding Shoot

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 70%
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F: 30%

Sorry. Please test this against Lightning L Drago, the current attack metagame is very left-spin oriented. Uncertain
I was using the balance stadium with short walls and the red dish.
its easy to attack if you battle with small arena.... and unpredictable with wider arena.... me and my friend exprience.
Scores:
Round 1: Win KO
Round 2: Win KO
Round 3: Win OS
Round 4: Win Ki
Round 5: Win OS

That's how rare Giraffe wins
Surprising results. I definitely want to try this.
How high your basalt and giraffe??
Can you test against Earth Bull low track SD ?
Great results BTW !
Looking at the result against 145 heights, this combo should do quite well against ltsc's. I'm more interested on this combo against the 230s.

Although I'm quite surprised it did so well against Hell Kerbecs BD145 (boost) WD.

I'll definitely give this combo some thorough tests myself soon.

Nice one Ink!
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:58 PM)Uwik Wrote: Looking at the result against 145 heights, this combo should do quite well against ltsc's. I'm more interested on this combo against the 230s.

Although I'm quite surprised it did so well against Hell Kerbecs BD145 (boost) WD.

I'll definitely give this combo some thorough tests myself soon.

Nice one Ink!

I was very suprised on the BD145 tests, too. I don't have 230, but hopefully someone can help!

And thanks, Uwik!
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:01 PM)Dan Wrote: You could have just posted this here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Don-t-lo...nse-Combos

But this isn't a Defense combo. This is a destabilizer.

My friends coming over today with some parts, I'll test against MM and LT, ok?
Ah, lol.
Interesting. And yeah, forget good results against those lol.
I'm thinking you should use MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF and bank it with the track exposed.
(Jun. 04, 2011  5:04 PM)Dan Wrote: Ah, lol.
Interesting. And yeah, forget good results against those lol.
I'm thinking you should use MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF and bank it with the track exposed.

I'll do that too, and thanks! This was alot better than my last combo (it was either Galaxy Pegasis H145R2F or MF Basalt Horogium 90RF).
I redid some of your tests, and here are the results.

PROCEDURES : mirror the OP

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs Burn Bull DF145WD
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 80% (6 OS, 2 KO)
Burn Bull DF145WD: 20% (2 OS)

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs Libra DF145WD
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 50% (4 OS, 1 KO)
Libra DF145WD: 50% (5 OS)

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs Earth Bull DF145WD
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 90% (9 OS)
Earth Bull DF145WD: 10% (1 OS)

MF Basalt Cancer 85B vs Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD
MF Basalt Cancer 85B: 0%
Hell Kerbecs BD145WD: 100% (10 OS)

Slightly different results than yours Ink, especially against BD145. Perhaps other members can try it themselves, and share their opinions.