MF Hell Libra 100 R2F

(Dec. 09, 2011  6:50 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2011  6:43 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2011  6:40 PM)th!nk Wrote: Whatzzer: Last I checked on Facebook, it arrives tomorrow, or today, depending on your time zone.

Anyway, if it is so limited in terms of usability and results, it is not really that useful to the general player. Not that this thread shouldn't be here, just that it's worth saying "Your Mileage May Vary".

You kno, now that u said that, I think that the Skill vs. Tier thread should be bumped. Just over the last month, skill discrepancies have affected results and combo and/or part potential.

Maybe, but I think everything has been said on the matter, it's pretty common knowledge.

By the way, in case someone brings up my troubles with Variares more directly (though, I am waiting on a more accurate set of scales, in case it is unusually light or something), do keep in mind that I'm pretty handy with Blitz, which is probably the closest thing to this combo.

You know, this also made me think too. When you get a chance, weigh your Basalt. Bluezee and I tested again yesterday as far as the worn vs. mint Basalt and the results were the same BUT when we switched to my Basalt, which is 49 grams as opposed to his 47 gram one, the results we MUCH different and he actually had to struggle and increase his launch strength during his launches to make the results equal to the ones he originally had in the video.

Meh, I would have brought that up eventually anyway. Just keep it on facebook Wink

And yeah, Blitz throws EVERYTHING around like a ragdoll. I was actually surprised Blitz didn't get More KO's against Duo, considering how violently it shoves it around, but Duo has no contact points. That said, I'm going to work on my launch heavily in the next few days, just to see if I can get more out of Hell (and Variares).

I'm not saying this combo is bad (it isn't), but most people should not expect anything near the results you've achieved.

Spin-Sonic: Will do, it's crossed my mind a couple of times, given the troubles I've had with variares seem the sort of thing that would occur with some kind of weight discrepancy (basically, Variares is destroyed by it's own recoil no matter what speed it moves at), that said, I'd rather not make excuses, as all the excuses in the world don't make me/my variares a reliable sample.

Also keep in mind, my basalt is heavily used, and as a result of the batterings it has taken, it likely has slightly less recoil/contact points compared to a new one.
My Basalt is technically BRAND NEW maybe that's why it is getting owned
(Dec. 09, 2011  7:46 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: My Basalt is technically BRAND NEW maybe that's why it is getting owned

No. Please don't use that as an excuse for your results. Your results hold value and a new Basalt vs. an old Basalt makes no difference in this situation. The weight and amount of stability would hold importance.
Please post a video,Izuma.Even with it being brand new,Basalt has a small amount of contact points.
It makes some difference, but not that much.

Also, according to my Kitchen scale, the basalt I have been using is actually lighter than my other two, but it is a 1g increment un-calibrated digital kitchen scale.
(Dec. 09, 2011  7:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: It makes some difference, but not that much.

Also, according to my Kitchen scale, the basalt I have been using is actually lighter than my other two, but it is a 1g increment un-calibrated digital kitchen scale.
Izuma Inzori liked this post

hah
, that was pure lol

maked a ather bog diff, the old Basalt that I borrowed from a friend had LAD on 85 D but a new one didnt, and the new one has a bit more recoil from the ridges
Yep, just confirmed it, my basalt was the cause

I wore it out by VariLongSmashes and now I cant KO it with Hell for my own life. Unless someone can do this, I feel locking this topic is a better idea.

Thanks Th!nk, Spin, Whatzzer, and Dan
Pictures?My Basalt is old too.There's not much contact points on it.
Izuma:-This is not spam,I'm asking you questions about your Basalt's condition,which affects the combo.
^ Reported man, That's spam

[Image: Photoon2011-12-10at1725.jpg]
[Image: Photoon2011-12-10at17252.jpg]
[Image: Photoon2011-12-10at17262.jpg]
Sorry for carppy quality, only have my webcam with me
My Basalt Condition is worser than that,I suppose.I'll test it soon.
Hmm.libra is a nice coice.but i thk it will be better wth a cs.need to test it.
@P.A.I.N- What makes you believe that CS would fair better?
Hell is not a potent smash wheel, and depends on its speed in most cases. Replacing R²F with CS means reducing the speed, and hence degrading the combo's performance...
So, CS would actually degrade its performance... :\
Unless you change 100 with BD145 to make it into a WHOLE different combo Smile CS isn't an attack bottom at all, tests have shown it to be a semi aggressive defense/stamina based bottom Smile

btw, Jan, every used Hell in this form yet?
A video yet?

Serious
(Dec. 10, 2011  4:53 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: btw, Jan, ever used Hell in this form yet?

Considering Hell was once a top tier stamina wheel, I've only used it for Stamina purposes. I do not own any attack tips (except LF), and so you can't expect me to try this early on.
But, Hell found niche use in attack. And, whenever it did, it required a LOT of speed.
And hence the above post.
not just speed, grip and some extra weight also. too light will send it flying, no grip will also send it flying........... but I just cant KO MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 CS........ with Kerbecs it;s as easy as eating triple choco coffee mocha cake.
Any video yet?Your Basalt don't look to old
(Dec. 14, 2011  3:19 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: not just speed, grip and some extra weight also. too light will send it flying, no grip will also send it flying........... but I just cant KO MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 CS........ with Kerbecs it;s as easy as eating triple choco coffee mocha cake.

Yes of course those factors are necessary....
Hell does not have well defined contact points, and in order to make it a good attacker, speed is essential. Extra weight in the form of MFs can be avoided, as it has been done for Hell Aquario H145R²F, but in most cases, its better to put on one.
As for the video, we are still waiting... :\
I told ya, I cant KO the Basalt combo anymore, I didnot fake these tests at all, my Basalt now is in a much worse condition than these tests (hint, massive bashing against VariAres) so yeah......... these tests were first done WHEN MY BASALT WAS BRAND NEW, hence the win rates.
Well, wouldn't that prove your combo wrong?
Not really, it was a good Basalt during the tests. It's only worn down now.
Lol, 4 pages and still no video? Honestly, I find this hard to believe.
(Dec. 15, 2011  12:46 AM)J o n Wrote: Lol, 4 pages and still no video? Honestly, I find this hard to believe.

Have you even read the last few posts?
Yes I have but when I try this, it doens't get a KO, just complete OS(s), it could be my launch skills, IDK thats why I said it was hard to believe. Like Sanata said, Seeing is Believing lol.

EDIT: And I understand that his Basalt is old but I've been using my Basalt since spring and its still fine.