MF-H Pegasis CH120 RF/R2F/LRF

|| MF-H Pegasis CH120(RF/R2F/LRF) ||

Hey everyone! Haven't really posted anything limited related in a while and I've been meaning to post this for a while, but just now got around to it. This is probably now my favorite LTD attack type combo.

The concept and part choices:

It's an attacker, duh. It's kind of an already known combo I'm guessing but with the results I'm getting, I could not resist to post it!

MF-H: Extra weight and recoil handling.

Pegasis: I just got it, and well, it did SO good compared to Gravity and Lightning believe it or not. Pegasis has an amazing shape that gives it very consistent KOs.

CH120: I'd say this is the main part for this combo. I originally used R145, but the self KOs were ridiculous. I then used W145, based on Pegasis 145RF but with more weight and stamina. With W145, it had a lot of trouble against low height defenders. I then tried low heights and while it was much better against those low defenders, the taller defenders were much harder to KO. Then it hit me, MFB needs a track that can change between a low and a tall height. It took me a minute, but then I remembered CH120 LOL. Now it can deal with low and high defenders!

RF/R2F/LRF: Doesn't really matter which. The KOs were awesome either way.

Tests

Vs. Defense (Click to View)

Vs. Attack (Click to View)

Well, testing is appreciated! I will hopefully update with more testing tomorrow since I gonna go lay down soon.
Wow, that is awesome, testing against MF-L Meteo L-Drago F230CF please.

I was really in the dark about Pegasis' attack power, so thank-you for the tests!
Ayo, your about 4 years late or so it actually been known back then and proved to be top tier. 100% it will be on the LTD top tier list for sure.

Great testing anyway.
BTW I would put Gravity destroyer in red like that. So people know its illegal.
(Jan. 29, 2014  5:49 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: BTW I would put Gravity destroyer in red like that. So people know its illegal.

Why ... ? Making something red wont tell people it's banned, haha.

@Stars, CH120 wasn't actually top tier with this, I don't really think it was tested very thoroughly with this set up.
Yeah, MF-H Pegasis CH120RF is a beast, one of the more versatile combinations in terms of its ability to handle defenders at all heights, though I did find it a little more limited against tall track opponents in some of my tests (perhaps Scythe 230RSF would be worth testing against?). Some benchmarks with a better-known attacker would be good for gauging just how it compares etc, too.

I am surprised you got that against Libra in 145 mode, though - 120 is usually best for that matchup, lets you exploit Libra's underside. MF-H Libra R145RSF is also probably worth testing against too because it's heavy and Pegasis' main issue is its weight (those anti-attack tests surprise me too, as Pegasis was always supposed to be pretty bad against other attack types, but eh).

But either way, this is definitely one of my favourite Attack customs in Limited and my favourite for Pegasis (which is also one of my favorite wheels in the format because it is so utterly insane - explosive, and a tonne of fun to use, if not quite as reliable/easy to use as LLD)

I am really curious if anyone has both this and Cosmic for comparisons between the two, as what I've read about Cosmic makes it seem quite similar - omnidirectional attack, tonnes of power, etc etc (though MF-H Pegasis CH120RF is notable enough for what it does to LTDC anyways - it's so perfect for hitting them at that height with its underside.)

Oh, and Dragon King is right about making banned parts red - we decided it was the best way to maintain clarity while still allowing gravity's use for testing, so it's standard now.

(Jan. 29, 2014  5:45 AM)Stars Wrote: Ayo, your about 4 years late or so it actually been known back then and proved to be top tier. 100% it will be on the LTD top tier list for sure.

Great testing anyway.

If you want to take a look at the top tier lists from back then, 145 was the last remaining track on Pegasis before we took it down, and it's straight up inferior to this, and discussionwise Pegasis combos centred around 85/90 and 145, so no, he's not "four years late" and even if he was, it doesn't make the testing or the creation of a thread any less relevant - we should actually re-test things from back then especially if they were underrated by the point limited takes parts from (which Pegasis was, and still is) and people are very much welcome to do so without someone crying "unoriginal" at them. Finally, and most importantly, he actually addressed it in the OP - dunno if you're bothering with reading them or anything, but either way, posts like yours contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion or to this subforum, so cut it out.
Tests seem rather well, Pegasis is always great I'm glad that it's being restated. I have a question for you Tri. Why didn't you test this against MF-H Libra GB145RSF? Am I missing something here, I don't know to much about Libra tbh so I don't know If it got OS on that tip but the other defense combos doing better than Libra I think might be cause of CS. Do you think I could request Pegasis vs MF-H Libra GB145RSF? I don't know why I care about this, I know Pegasis is a Top Tier attack wheel I just feel Libra looks a bit weak in the results lol and I think that is cause of the tip lol.
If it's being hit from underneath by an attack type, Libra generally fares worse than Earth (forget if there's formal testing but both Dan and I agree on this and have done a lot of testing with that so if it's wrong, well, I'd be surprised). And, R145 takes low hits better than GB145 FWIW.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Could you state what mode CH120 was in for your tests?

Thanks anyways for them! I added them to the OP. this thing is definitely top tier material in my mind. I'm not ruling out other Pegasis attackers with 85, 90, R145, etc. but this deserves a spot as well.
In my testing MF-H Libra CH120RF destroys any Pegasis Combo that can't get under it, so I dunno that seems a little lower than I'd expect, might have to go do it formally but yeah w/e.

(Jan. 30, 2014  1:33 PM)Tri Wrote: Could you state what mode CH120 was in for your tests?

Thanks anyways for them! I added them to the OP. this thing is definitely top tier material in my mind. I'm not ruling out other Pegasis attackers with 85, 90, R145, etc. but this deserves a spot as well.

You might not be, but tbh I pretty much am - the reasons Pegasis deserves a spot on the CC list at all are:
1. MF-H Pegasis CH120RF/LRF/R2F's ability to use its underside to smash LTDC around like they're nothing.
2. MF-H Pegasis CH120RF/LRF/R2F's versatility against every major defensive height.

R145 might be marginally better against 230 (TH170 has certain heights where you it could cause problems IIRC, but haven't done much with R145 because it's so much worse against 145 and LTDC so why bother. Not like Tall Track Defense is a serious problem for it anyway), and maybe 85/90 would work better against IDK CH120 or something, but who is using that and while you can still hurt Bakushin, Earth LTDC go from easy prey to complete walls (MF-H Earth Sagittario II CH120RSF might do that to this but the fact stadium slopes give you a better chance to get under it than you have in an 85v85 matchup means it'd probably be better).

Aside from that you've got LW160/TH170 aiming to do similar to 145 to what CH120 does vs 85/90, and both are good heights vs 230, but again, CH120 is already great against 145 anyway.

They might get listed just because they're okay but CH120 really is the essential track for Pegasis IMO.

EDIT: Oh, one final thing: After playing around a bit, personally I prefer plain old RF to the other two, especially against LTDC, because its larger contact area with the stadium floor helps control recoil - Pegasis is not a heavy wheel and it is incredibly aggressive, and vs LTDC you're hitting from above so you want as much recoil control as possible. Perhaps it's just me/my particular tips though, but still figured I'd mention it if people are having problems with it and are using R2F or LRF.

Oh and also can people check what their Pegasis' weigh if they have scales? Mine is noticeably lighter than BeyWiki's weight, but as it seems to perform as well as any other, I'm kinda suspicious about whether the suspiciously rounded 36g figure BeyWiki lists is accurate. Looking at pictures, I can't see where the extra 1.3g would be (and considering mine is a BB-96 one, and that most Metal System wheels from around that time were at least as heavy or heavier than the earlier ones due to reinforcements, I'd be very surprised for the opposite to be true).
Sorry th!nk. I was a bit sick when I was doing the Libra tests. Wasn't feeling my best. I'll be happy to redo them once I feel a bit better if that's OK?
It's not a problem, results are results, just because they don't match my expectations doesn't mean there is something wrong with them.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
I did a ton of battles with this yesterday. Figured I'd post the results. Here's some conditions for these tests:
  • The bey first stated was launched first against Libra.
  • Scythe was launched first in its battles.
  • Pegasis kicking carp

MF-H Pegasis CH120RF (145 height) vs. MF-H Scythe Cancer GB145CS
Pegasis: 20 wins (All KO)
Scythe: 20 wins (5 KO, 15 OS)
Pegasis win rate: 50%

Benchmark
MF-H Gravity Perseus D125RF (counter mode, left spin) vs. MF-H Scythe Cancer GB145CS
Gravity: 23 wins (All KO)
Scythe: 17 wins (3 KO, 14 OS)
Gravity win rate: ~58%

MF-H Pegasis CH120RF (145 height) vs. MF-H Libra D125RF
Pegasis: 7 wins (All KO)
Libra: 13 wins (All KO)
Pegasis win rate: 35%

Benchmark
MF-H Gravity Perseus D125RF (counter mode, left spin) vs. MF-H Libra D125RF
Gravity: 5 wins (All KO)
Libra: 15 wins (All KO)
Gravity win rate: 25%

Pretty impressive against Libra seeing as Pegasis did better against it than Gravity! I was thinking with Gravity charging right at Libra like that, it would've won. Pegasis stood its ground pretty greatly surprisingly.
Should have gone with 120 against Scythe, CS shouldn't pose a problem for pegasis with any wheel, even Scythe.
I found it easier to KO RSF for some reason than CS.

145 is my favorite height against nearly everything besides like Bakushin LTDC's.

(Feb. 28, 2014  4:21 AM)th!nk Wrote: CS shouldn't pose a problem for pegasis

Change CS to nearly nothing, haha! (And shouldn't to should)