MF-H Meteo L Drago TR145EWD

Though I have no video, I can attest to the usefulness of this combo.

During free play, Sniper was able to take out my MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS/D consistently using a variation of this combo, MF-H L-Drago Destroy TR145EWD. The EWD also makes a difference, for it allows for maximum weak launching capability without dying like other bottoms.
I could beat MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS/D with any decent 145-height stamina combination, to be honest. Jus' sayin.

I don't have TR145 but with other tracks never had much luck with this combination. Something similar was supposed to counter MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, and didn't do so well.

That said, given the posts here, it probably works really well and I should buy TR145.
mf mld ch120xf 2.0
All I've gotta say.
Looking pretty good actually - shame that TR145 is kind of a rare part.
From what I have seen this combo is incredibly versatile, but for people who do not have a TR145,me, what is a good replacement for the track.
(Feb. 22, 2012  12:02 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: mf mld ch120xf 2.0
All I've gotta say.
Looking pretty good actually - shame that TR145 is kind of a rare part.

Naw, this is straight up better at spin stealing (as would any other Meteo EWD combo tbh).

MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF was more on the aggressive side..
MLDCH120XF is a great attacker, actually. This has -10 attack. This combination makes negative stats possible.
This seems more like a spiritual and functional successor to MLD ED145WD...
(Feb. 22, 2012  8:39 AM)Hazel Wrote: This seems more like a spiritual and functional successor to MLD ED145WD...

Except it doesn't suck quite so hard. MLD ED145EWD is lame too.
(Feb. 22, 2012  8:39 AM)Hazel Wrote: This seems more like a spiritual and functional successor to MLD ED145WD...
Ch120 > ed145 for the sheer fact that a lower height becomes desired in select situations.

I can't see why so much people are suprised? It's normal that ewd wins against cs, rs or tall combos, kreis is not good enough for absorbing, test it against 145 tracks or lower and wd or ewd, you will see that most of them will make a draw or can win.
this is nearly everytime the same: wd,ewd, pd (d, SD, eds)> eds, d, SD > cs, mb.... > sharp tips

the first tips are the best for absorbing
Don't be dumb, the interesting part is the use of TR145 (EWD wasn't as common or tested as much as WD, so please don't go around acting like it was obvious immediately) and the effectiveness it has upon today's Stamina- and Defense-oriented metagame.
(Feb. 22, 2012  7:54 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: I can't see why so much people are suprised? It's normal that ewd wins against cs, rs or tall combos, kreis is not good enough for absorbing, test it against 145 tracks or lower and wd or ewd, you will see that most of them will make a draw or can win.
this is nearly everytime the same: wd,ewd, pd (d, SD, eds)> eds, d, SD > cs, mb.... > sharp tips

CS says hi!

Grr.... I want to test this combo but I don't have TR145! Can I switch TR145 for UW145?
The whole point of using TR is, if I am not mistaken, the wheels inside the base... which no other base has...
(Feb. 22, 2012  11:31 PM)Hazel Wrote: The whole point of using TR is, if I am not mistaken, the wheels inside the base... which no other base has...
Pretty much this.

(Feb. 22, 2012  7:54 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: I can't see why so much people are suprised? It's normal that ewd wins against cs, rs or tall combos, kreis is not good enough for absorbing, test it against 145 tracks or lower and wd or ewd, you will see that most of them will make a draw or can win.

Anytime you use WD, you should be using EWD. D > WD.

You really have EVERYTHING mixed up.

I dunno, I'd stick with WD over EWD on Phantom AD145, just because WD seems to be slightly harder to KO, but in testing it always comes out even so I don't really know, and in any metagame where people pull opposite spin blades more than 0 times a tournament, EWD is easily a better bet.
(Feb. 23, 2012  11:24 AM)th!nk Wrote: I dunno, I'd stick with WD over EWD on Phantom AD145, just because WD seems to be slightly harder to KO, but in testing it always comes out even so I don't really know, and in any metagame where people pull opposite spin blades more than 0 times a tournament, EWD is easily a better bet.
If you are getting hit by a sub-par shooter who can't use sliding shoot/bank, then EWD is better. In a direct hit, nothing stands a chance except RDF IMO, but when it just grazes, EWD should have this kind of counter loop it does before coming back to the center.

But in this case, this blade gets hit, there's nothing left.
I know this is an old thread. I got permission to post tests. I used this combo last weekend and used it to win a tournament. Only difference was I used MF instead of MF H.

Equipment Used
Meteo weak launched in all tests
Mf Meteo L Drago TR145 EWD vs MSF Revizer Revizer E230 CS (Normal mode, Calm CS)

MF Meteo L Drago TR145 EWD vs MF H Duo Aquario 230 PD

Taking requests if you have any. And if a Mod/committee member would update the OP that would be awesome considering everything.

I started testing MF L Phantom Cancer BD but after 5 ties I stopped. seems BD is anti spin stealer