MF-H Gravity Perseus(Stam) BD145 RDF

(Jul. 08, 2012  8:55 AM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: The reason i didn't quite understand is because he wrote: 'it kept no out spinning'. I got confused with the 'no' in there.

Ah yeah. a common typo -- 'no' was supposed to be 'on'.
yeah sorry for the typo XP but it did beat my Duo 230WD combo 2 times in a row @.@
Ok, here we go. This afternoon, I and darkwocher tested:

Gravity (1st Mold) Perseus (STM) BD145 RDF (Mint\Near Mint) vs Duo Bull BD145 MB

Results on 15 matches:

Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF: 3 Wins
Duo Bull BD145 MB : 12 Wins

We used an Attack Stadium, with Beylaunchers L\R.
To win with Duo, I used the following launch - I have done a little (horrible xD) sketch to let you understand the inclination that I give to my Duo to defeat Gravity! -

I use that shoot when I see that my opponent is going to use a "sliding\banking" - that is very poor, compared to the one that you can have with the RF, due to the little RDF's surface - or a weak shoot in the centre of the stadium. That shoot allows my Duo to rotate following the trajectory of the Tornado Ridge.
That's exactly what i was talking about, i win with duo using this shoot but only if i shoot gravity weak in the center.
Do you obtain the same results if gravity is shoot to follow an external pattern?
My RDF is extremely calm, i bank it slightly at full power. However, i haven't tested it against Duo BD145 MB, so i will do some tests and see what i get.

Can you test my MF-H Gravity Perseus E230EWD combo against this?

(Jul. 28, 2012  1:17 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: My RDF is extremely calm, i bank it slightly at full power.

What?! It self Ko'ed last tournament!
Right, so i did the tests. I only did 10 rounds because of the result so far, so i felt there was no need to go to 20. Here they are:

MF-H Gravity Perseus(STAM) BD145 RDF(Used) (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 MB (Used)
MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF: 10 Wins (20 OS)
MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 MB: 0 Wins
Gravity win percentage: 100%

Like i said before i only did 10 rounds due to the result.

(Jul. 28, 2012  8:20 PM)Enzoxs Wrote: Can you test my MF-H Gravity Perseus E230EWD combo against this?

(Jul. 28, 2012  1:17 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: My RDF is extremely calm, i bank it slightly at full power. 

We can test on Monday at the tourney.
There was thick dust/dirt on the tip.
You came 2nd at the tournament because of the RDF didn't you?

No it wasn't because of the RDF. TBH i don't even remember using it in the finals.
Yami: with an aggressive pattern, I don't have any kind of problem. It's because of the Duo's weight.

(Jul. 28, 2012  8:27 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: Right, so i did the tests. I only did 10 rounds because of the result so far, so i felt there was no need to go to 20. Here they are:

MF-H Gravity Perseus(STAM) BD145 RDF(Used) (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 MB (Used)
MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF: 10 Wins (20 OS)
MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 MB: 0 Wins
Gravity win percentage: 100%

Like i said before i only did 10 rounds due to the result.

(Jul. 28, 2012  8:20 PM)Enzoxs Wrote: Can you test my MF-H Gravity Perseus E230EWD combo against this?

We can test on Monday at the tourney.
There was thick dust/dirt on the tip.

Did you shoot as in my sketch?
Yep, but that is also how i usually launch this combo as well.
It is really odd.
With that launch I have really different results, as you can see, and also Yamislayer that is the biggest fan of Gravity clearly says that with my technique Gravity has no chance of victory.

He said he gets victory if he launches gravity weak into the center. I don't get how the launch will make such a huge difference when the beys spin-equalize anyway. It doesn't matter how i launch they will just spin-equalize until the end and gravity will win by about 2-3 rotations. Is your Perseus in the less smoother mode, where its kind of sticking up, i think its counter mode or something like that. Because i recently realized that it spin stills better in that mode.
(Jul. 28, 2012  9:46 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: He said he gets victory if he launches gravity weak into the center. I don't get how the launch will make such a huge difference when the beys spin-equalize anyway. It doesn't matter how i launch they will just spin-equalize until the end and gravity will win by about 2-3 rotations. Is your Perseus in the less smoother mode, where its kind of sticking up, i think its counter mode or something like that. Because i recently realized that it spin stills better in that mode.

And I said that I win even if my opponet does a banking or a sliding, haha.
The launch is more than important, Gravity can't steal spins if you repeat my launch. If you don't think so, I suspect that your launch was not the same I usually do.
(Jul. 28, 2012  9:55 PM)Galaxy Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2012  9:46 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: He said he gets victory if he launches gravity weak into the center. I don't get how the launch will make such a huge difference when the beys spin-equalize anyway. It doesn't matter how i launch they will just spin-equalize until the end and gravity will win by about 2-3 rotations. Is your Perseus in the less smoother mode, where its kind of sticking up, i think its counter mode or something like that. Because i recently realized that it spin stills better in that mode.

And I said that I win even if my opponet does a banking or a sliding, haha.
The launch is more than important, Gravity can't steal spins if you repeat my launch. If you don't think so, I suspect that your launch was not the same I usually do.
From what i saw in your sketch i did it correct, it is what i normally do with my Gravity anyway. You can show me properly when you come over to the UK in August. Also does your RDF move aggressively or around the tornado ridge?

Would R2F be a good substitute?
Well it would be an outclassed attack type. But it would change the whole point of this combo so no.
(Jul. 28, 2012  8:34 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: No it wasn't because of the RDF. TBH i don't even remember using it in the finals.

Me against you. You were using Lee's Diablo RDF combo to counter my meteo thing. It self KO'ed three times.
(Jul. 28, 2012  9:40 PM)Galaxy Wrote: It is really odd.
With that launch I have really different results, as you can see, and also Yamislayer that is the biggest fan of Gravity clearly says that with my technique Gravity has no chance of victory.

(Jul. 28, 2012  4:42 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: i win with duo using this shoot but only if i shoot gravity weak in the center.

also quoting BeyHyperKiller:
" I don't get how the launch will make such a huge difference when the beys spin-equalize anyway."

Let's say that I shot gravity REALLY weak and the duo combo with a good power and inclination so gravity could stop spinning before touching duo.
BUT
this was not happening by even just increasing by A TINY BIT the strenght of gravty launch or by inclinating it.
I made a video to check if my launch technique for duo is correct and I'll show it to galaxy asap.
Laterz guys

edit:aggressive rdf? I hve 3 of them but they all go crazy ONLY if i shoot them in a certain way (which will be in the video) maybe this can be helpful informtion bout determning what kind of parts i actually own now
(Jul. 28, 2012  10:56 PM)Enzoxs Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2012  8:34 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: No it wasn't because of the RDF. TBH i don't even remember using it in the finals.

Me against you. You were using Lee's Diablo RDF combo to counter my meteo thing. It self KO'ed three times.
Oh yeah! I didn't copy Lee's Diablo RDF combo, i had that combo in my beybox when Diablo first released but when Lee first used the combo i didn't go to tournaments for a long time. My RDF is aggro with Diablo because of the weight.

Back on topic. Yeah, i understand how the launch can make a difference if you launch Gravity really weak and Duo really strongly but that isn't a fair test. When i launch both at full power Gravity wins hands down, Gravity hits Duo or vice-versa and then Duo stays in the center and they spin-equalize until Gravity wins. Galaxy is your RDF calm or aggro?

Hey, BHK. Smile

(Sep. 25, 2012  4:49 PM)slyx Wrote: so i was messing around with MF-H Gravity Perseus (STAM) BD145 RDF today while waiting for my new lot of beys to arrive. it could consistently OS stamina types above 145 heights and defense combos, no surprise there. but i noticed it had problems winning clearly against W145 based stamina combos and LTSCs, always getting draws and half rotation wins. not satisfied with the combo's performance, i tried banking GP in left spin to get a slightly aggressive movement to see if ko's were possible. while i was able to get the aggressive movement i wanted, all GP seemed to do was brush against the stamina combo, never really getting a clean KO hit. this was when i had my huge moment of epiphany, and switched GP to right spin and banking.

the results were absolutely AMAZING. even with the stamina clear wheel, GP walked all over Death Cygnus W145 WD, Phantom Cancer W145 WD, and Phantom Cancer 85 WD in clean 10-0 shut outs (didn't do 20 because it was so clear that the stamina combos stood no chance)

i think the reason for this is because the same-spin GP combo is actually smashing into the stamina combo instead of pushing it/letting itself be pushed around when it is in opposite spin. i don't have Duo, so if someone could test this combo against Duo Cygnus W145 WD (least recoil, and thus should be the hardest stamina combo to KO) that would be awesome.

if my epiphany leads to a new niche for this GP combo to not only OS HTSCs, defense combos, BUT ALSO KO 145 based and LTSCs, i think that would be a major breakthrough in considering this combo for the top-tier list as well, given it's overwhelming versatility over anything that's not attack. GP still performs pitifully against attack, and that's not going to change unless it magically gets re-released at a 40+g weight xD i kid, i kid.

on the launch: the launch is actually rather difficult to get right, especially so on my rather worn RDF. banking to steeply results in hilarious self KO's in less than 4 seconds, but straight shots don't garner enough movement and speed for a KO.

(Sep. 29, 2012  1:26 AM)Insomniac Wrote: Equalizer/Zombie Comparisons!

Equipment (Click to View)

Conditions (Click to View)

MSF Revizer Dragooon B:D v. MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.) BD145RDF;
RD: 1 OS
GP: 9 OS
Ties: 6

Gravity's RDF went crazy one round, almost self-KO'd, came back to the center of the stadium with hardly any spin, and tied. lol Dragooon's win was by, maybe, a hundredth of a spin.

MSF Revizer Dragooon SA165(Normal Mode)WD v. MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RDF;
RD: 0 OS
GP: 10 OS
Ties: 0

I'm not sure if EWD makes that much of a difference, but yeah... I usually prefer MF-L on my Gravity.

(Sep. 29, 2012  5:29 AM)slyx Wrote: thanks for the tests for GP!! i am honestly so happy about these results, because my initial hunch that it could function as a right spin spin stealer to counter dragooon was correct! would you be able to test it against meteo l-drago CH120 WD? i don't have meteo. could you test it for both as a right spin spin stealer and then in left spin to try and KO the meteo combo? if you can't i should be getting my meteo in the next 2 weeks or so, so no worries!

(Sep. 29, 2012  2:58 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2012  5:29 AM)slyx Wrote: would you be able to test it against meteo l-drago CH120 WD? i don't have meteo. could you test it for both as a right spin spin stealer and then in left spin to try and KO the meteo combo?

Sure, but Meteo wouldn't stand a chance if Gravity were in left. The rubber produces too much recoil, so it'd just end up getting out-spun horribly, or KO'd really quickly, ha ha.

(Sep. 29, 2012  5:41 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2012  1:26 AM)Insomniac Wrote: Equalizer/Zombie Comparisons!

Equipment (Click to View)

MSF Revizer Dragooon B:D v. MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.) BD145RDF;
RD: 1 OS
GP: 9 OS
Ties: 6

Gravity's RDF went crazy one round, almost self-KO'd, came back to the center of the stadium with hardly any spin, and tied. lol Dragooon's win was by, maybe, a hundredth of a spin.

MSF Revizer Dragooon SA165(Normal Mode)WD v. MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RDF;
RD: 0 OS

I'm not sure if EWD makes that much of a difference, but yeah... I usually prefer MF-L on my Gravity.
Those are awesome test results! I do need to say that EWD is actually pretty vital for the Reviser Dragooon combo to work, but that is some great food for thought nonetheless! My launcher broke yesterday so I can't test until a new one comes in the mail, but I'll try that out ASAP. Someone should consider making a thread for it once they do more standarized testing if the test results follow this trend.

[...]

So, I already said this, but someone should consider either making a thread for Gravity BD145RDF or necroing the old thread if it exists since these tests are proving very promising. I actually personally prefer Gravity greatly to Meteo due to its versatility, and I can very much see a custom like that being on a tier list if more testing follows the trend in this thread. If someone makes a new thread or necros an old one they should quote all the posts in this thread about the combo in the other thread since it is very relevant information.
This Combo Seems Really Good But I Cant Really Test It Because Whenever I Put My RDF On BD145 It Always Falls Off
More Equalizer Comparisons!

Meteo L-Drago CH120WD v. MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RDF:

Left on Left:
ML: 0

Gravity's average win rate: 100%

(All dat rubbery recoil, yo.)

Left on Right:
ML: 7 OS
GP: 23 (21 OS, 2 KO)
Ties: 13

Gravity's average win rate: 77%
nice tests! although i'm a little surprised that meteo couldn't be KO'ed by GP. although i guess if it can net 100% in left spin there's really no need to go for the KO
Can anyone test this against anti-spin equalizer Death combos? Like for example, MF-H Death Cygnus W145 WD.
I don't plan on getting an Ifraid, so I don't have a W145. Nor I don't have Kreis Cygnus, but I'm waiting for the Hasbro version to come out.

And how bout against LTSCs (low track stamina combos)? Like for example, MF-H Phantom Cygnus 90 WD.

Either that I'll dual test some matches with a friend someday and may or may not record it. (Though unedited.) I'm soon getting Death Quetz and a Perseus (Stamina Vers.) through mail.