MF-H Diablo Kerbecs F:D *Added Benchmark*

So I just got my Diablo yesterday, and I was just playing around trying random combos when I put together MF-H Diablo Kerbecs F:D and it was holding its own to Flash, so I figured I might have something here

Part explanation: MF-H for extra weight
Diablo heaviest mfb MW
Kerbecs lines up with the 'faces' on Diablo along with being heavy
F:D may be why this combo does good against flash on a slight banked 70% power launch DK moves around on F:D hitting Flash and knocking it off track, when the drive activates all the weight on it makes it sort of like a rubber defense tip allowing it to take some hits

MFB Attack Stadium
Beylauncher
Launcher Grip w/ grip rubber
All ties redone
(CS calm, D mint, R2F Mint, F:D rubber is broken in, Flash mint, Duo slight usage, Phantom Newer)

For Tri, F:S testing
While I like that someone finally posted a new combo with actual test results, I have to say the results are less than spectacular... Did you try really weak launching against Flash so that it was in the RF mode the whole time? And losing to MF-H Duo ___ 230MB 35% of the time kind of hurts.

Can you go into more detail about what this Diablo custom has over stuff like MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF? Anything in particular?
I quite honestly think this combo would be good with F;S seeing as Diablo does good with HF/S. if you could, try it please.
(Jan. 30, 2013  4:43 AM)Ingulit Wrote: While I like that someone finally posted a new combo with actual test results, I have to say the results are less than spectacular... Did you try really weak launching against Flash so that it was in the RF mode the whole time? And losing to MF-H Duo ___ 230MB 35% of the time kind of hurts.

Can you go into more detail about what this Diablo custom has over stuff like MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF? Anything in particular?

Against Flash I launched so is was in SF mainly because I didn't want to launch it too weak
I can do a test with MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF tomorrow, I did play with BD145RF before making this, the problem I had with BD145 was it would slow down and scrape when flash would knock it around. I think the Duo___ 230MB could be due to me being tired, that was the last test I did and Diablo was doing bad at the end.
Interesting, I will have some test results later on. And if you have E230 can you test it against Duo Aquario E230CS?
(Jan. 30, 2013  4:48 AM)Tri Wrote: I quite honestly think this combo would be good with F;S seeing as Diablo does good with HF/S. if you could, try it please.
I will try both F:S and BD145RF/R2F tomorrow. Anything else (I don't have any zero-g yet)
Please post a Flash benchmark against Duo BD145 CS, so we can compare that to your results.
(Jan. 30, 2013  1:42 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Please post a Flash benchmark against Duo BD145 CS, so we can compare that to your results.

I shall do a bench mark when I get home, should I use the same flash set up as the one in my testing?
(Jan. 30, 2013  4:43 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Can you go into more detail about what this Diablo custom has over stuff like MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF? Anything in particular?

Honestly I thought that the mode change of F:D would allow it to weaken the other bey on SF then switch into an agro movement and take out the weakened bey. When on BD144RF it seems it has to score the ko fast, this has some stamina then reserved attack power later in the game to get heavy hits on the other bey
Considering the fact that F: D's major drawback is what you consider as its strength, I wonder what is your aim here...
F: D has never been able to retain enough energy towards the end to KO its opponent in RF mode- something it does so well in the anime.
Combine with a superbly heavy Diablo which restricts its movement further, and its RF mode actually becomes insignificant...
I am also thinking as to how an SF could handle the hard hits from Flash, leave alone the recoil suffered by Diablo.
As for trying out F: S, I personally feel that it isn't wise to put an already imbalanced wheel on a tip that has balance issues. However, I know not about the thing mentioned here of it doing well on HF/S.
Honestly, a benchmark is what we need now, haha!
*Benchmark*
MF-M Flash Lynx S130R2F vs MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
(Duo launched first, duo straight shot. Flash sliding shoot)
Flash:7 wins (0 OS,7 KO)
Duo:3 wins (3 OS,0 KO)
I stopped at 10 to keep R2F prime and becausetTwo of Duo's wins occurred because I messed up on my sliding shoot and it tornado stalled. The other was because Duo got two wall saves and at that point flash was dying
(Jan. 30, 2013  4:48 AM)Tri Wrote: I quite honestly think this combo would be good with F;S seeing as Diablo does good with HF/S. if you could, try it please.
Thats in Zero G. I agree with Ingulit on this. Not one of the most spectacular things ever.
(Jan. 30, 2013  11:43 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
Thats in Zero G. I agree with Ingulit on this. Not one of the most spectacular things ever.
I know its not amazing I was just playing around with it and I thought it might be good because it was able to hold its ground against flash
-Edit- added FConfused tests
OK- I can see how you are getting these- there is a specific way to beat this combo with attack.

So, I put this combo together and tested against a left spin Variares. Keep in mind my Variares is almost a year old.

MF-L Variares(Left Spin0CH120 R2F vs MF-H Diablo Kerbecs FGrin(70% Launch)
Variares:15 Wins(All KO)
Diablo:15 Wins(13 KO, 2 OS)
8 Ties
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs Win Rate: 50%

So, after that, I tried it against Flash, using the sliding shoot, and it was doing pretty well. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. With the sliding shoot, there is a slight pause with the bank. This allows Diablo to consistently KO. Then I realized I needed to launch near the tornado ridge and chase FGrin until I can KO it from behind. So these are my Flash tests.

MF-L Flash Orion CH120 R2F vs MF-H Diablo Kerbecs FGrin(70% Launch)
Flash:8 Wins(7 KO, 1 OS)
Diablo:2 Wins(All KO)
1 Tie
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs FGrin Win Rate:20%
R3DX, did you use the sliding shoot with Flash?
Yes sir, I can record the battle and upload it to show you. And you're using MF-L, would me using MF-H hurt flash by putting weight on the tip? Also when I launched flash I would launch towards the wall in case I over shot it would stay in play
Sure. A video would definitley help. I might upload one myself to show you what I did, too.
What you are talking about ShinobuXD is the same thing that I ran into when I did Ifraid Dragooon F:D. Which ever one would pause at the beginning to, "load up" so to speak, would generally be the one to get KOed. You have to figure out how to launch both to where they start moving immediately (I ended up having to do those tests with another person)

Another reason this works like it does, is the same reason Ifraid Dragooon did, the heavier the bey on F:D is the sooner RF mode activates. A heavy bey lets you launch slightly harder without having S mode acitvate. A little off topic, but this has an added benefit in left spin, cause that also lets you leach more spin right off the bat because you launched lighter than your opponent.

Pro tip: When you are making a post/thread there is a little check box that says "Disable Smilies" that is a great thing to check when you are discussing 4D Bottoms. :-) (<----- see, its disabled)
First off, we do not have a smiley- :-) XD (<< proves that smileys aren't disabled)

Now, I don't think F: D's mode change has any direct relation with weight. Angular momentum might be what you are pointing at. Precisely, with all the imbalance prevailing in Zero-G, there is hardly any conservation of angular momentum, which leads to reduced Stamina, and ultimately to quicker mode change from SF to RF. Wink

In the end, all that happens is that the beyblade just loses its rotational velocity faster, and thus starts moving in RF mode. At this point, the beyblade hardly has any energy left to be able to score a massive hit. The heavy weight may, however, compensate for the lost speed. Then again, it isn't that effective either.

This combo seems to be a not-highly-effective replica of an anti-attack combo.
Anti-Attack combos utilize the "special" launch technique Shinobu mentioned. Anti-Attack combos defeat attackers by hitting them when they take their slight "pause" near the Tornado Ridge in a flower pattern.
Chasing down anti-attack combos is a nice method to defeat them, but conventional Anti-Attackers compensate for this weakness by using high-class Defense wheels such as Duo or Basalt. Diablo on the other hand, is a heavy, hard-hitting wheel which is highly effective for anti-attack due to its weight and aggressive design. There is hence, a MAJOR difference between a Diablo anti-attack and a Duo/Basalt/Death anti-attack.
The problem here is, F: D in SF mode can hardly handle any hits. F: D in RF mode is too weak to handle any more hits. Also, considering the hole in the center, I believe F: D's RF has lesser traction (and friction) compared to an actual RF. I ain't sure, though.

Moreover, this combo's movement shall be much slower than other anti-attack combos.
Reasons-
1. Diablo's weight.
2. SF's comparatively less speed.
3. Untimely mode-change into RF-mode.

This not only reduces its effectiveness as an anti-attacker, but also makes it easy to "chase down" and KO. Diablo's recoil only helps in the process...

Then again, I own NONE of the parts mentioned here, and all what I said above is only the hypotheses I could draw out on basis of a few tournaments I have gone to (and by visualizing how the combo would work).

A video though, would certainly be a good thing to post. Smile
Totally agreed with Janstarblast.
This combo isn't that effective for an anti-attack at all
I'll be able to beat this combo with a pure stamina type
i agree with Team Beychakra i honestly would beat this combo with a pure stanima beyblade Flash Sagitario Bearing Drive but good for a combo.
(Jan. 31, 2013  5:10 PM)zeneo Wrote: Totally agreed with Janstarblast.
This combo isn't that effective for an anti-attack at all
I'll be able to beat this combo with a pure stamina type

Really? Pure stamina can beat this? Look at the phantom results, phantom being a pure stamina MW got ko'ed right away if it didn't wall save. Also I'm in school right now so once I get home and do homework ill record the battle to show you the " vs. Flash" battle

(Jan. 31, 2013  5:15 PM)DRAG00N PAHNT0M Wrote: i agree with Team Beychakra i honestly would beat this combo with a pure stanima beyblade Flash Sagitario Bearing Drive but good for a combo.

Again refer to the amount of Kos Diablo got on Phantom. And the combo isn't flash ___ B:D isn't goto at all for stamina
butt i mean flash has two modes stanima and attack so does orion i mean i think it is affective tell me what do you think about it R3DX.
(Jan. 31, 2013  5:24 PM)DRAG00N PAHNT0M Wrote: butt i mean flash has two modes stanima and attack so does orion i mean i think it is affective tell me what do you think about it R3DX.

Flash in stamina is outclassed by Phantom, Duo, Dragooon. Flash is amazing in attack mode but little to if any use in stamina
(Jan. 31, 2013  5:30 PM)R3DX Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2013  5:24 PM)DRAG00N PAHNT0M Wrote: butt i mean flash has two modes stanima and attack so does orion i mean i think it is affective tell me what do you think about it R3DX.

Flash in stamina is outclassed by Phantom, Duo, Dragooon. Flash is amazing in attack mode but little to if any use in stamina

yeah i agree so know i need a smash attack combo for it 85 xf or 85 wf.
(Jan. 31, 2013  3:46 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Sure. A video would definitley help. I might upload one myself to show you what I did, too.

Here is the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLlSwlfPt5o