MF Gravity Perseus AD145RS

I don't understand..
LT kills 230, and you say 230> LT and this combo is solely devised to kill LT but you say LT > Hero? ..
smaller eats bigger.
not Bigger eats smaller. o:

Or at least thats how I remember it, unless I misused the terms?
(May. 04, 2011  12:24 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Also, as expected, Earth Bull 230WD wiped the floor with Hero.

well obviously earth 230WD would, as WD has much more stamina then RS (and the hero is like a defence type and earth 230 is a stamina type...)

anyways, it is nice to see the tank being beaten

edit: it is:

less<more
more>less

hope it is not confusing
This is cool. I've always wanted to try using Gravity Perseus as a Defensive Wheel, but never got around to actually doing it.

(May. 03, 2011  11:17 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: "Bluezee-like results" It's as if you and he himself are comparing him to a god of beyblade. Also, it's an attack type, it's not a completely new thing that has just been introduced to us. Unless the whole Torontonian beyblading population doesn't know how to shoot an attack type, I'd say we know pretty well how to use it.

Lightning Tank in the end, is a top tier attack type beyblade, not the new MF Libra CH120RF in our metagame.

Thank you for this. I've been saying since he posted about it: MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is simply an upgrade to the classic MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF. It's an evolution, not a revolution.

Anyways, here are my results. I apologize for only doing ten tests for each set of results, but I only have one LRF and don't want to wear it down too much:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Left Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 9 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 1 win
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 90%

And just for comparison, I tested this in right spin:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Right Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 1 win
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 9 wins (5 OS, 4 KO)
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 90%

The difference is night and day.

People haven't been paying enough attention to RS lately, I think. It completely neutralizes Lightning L Drago when in left spin. Now, what would be the counter to this aside from a Stamina custom? Obviously, a right spin Attacker.
(May. 04, 2011  12:24 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: LT > 230 > Hero > LT.
I think it is better written separately:

LT > 230
230 > Hero
Hero > LT

If it's all together it can be applied that LT > Hero even though that's obviously not the case.

EDIT: @ Kei
Yeah, I thought that perhaps what would be most effective against LT would be a attacker and I haven't seen many attack vs attack tests with LT

And hah, Left Spin sure was the right choice. I didn't think Spin-Equalizing was such a prominent trait of LT.
Hah, thank you Kei for the results, really happy of how the combination is doing.

We even have an answer to right spin attackers actually, you just need a L/R beylauncher and switch the spin direction during tournaments.
Then, it's like Pokemon. LT is fire, Hero is water, and 230 is grass.
...That's a very odd refrence to make to, seeing how we even have Attack, Defence and stamina in beyblade, but yes you could look at it from that standpoint.
And thus, the metagame managed to plow through, once again descending into it's everyday trifecta -credits play-. But wait, it's like a quinfecta now. There's the dragon bros., Basalt Tank, Defending hero and left spin defense, Right spin attackers, Right spin defense with RS, repeat. (With stamina thrown somewhere in there).
(May. 04, 2011  12:36 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: We even have an answer to right spin attackers actually, you just need a L/R beylauncher and switch the spin direction during tournaments.

Aha! That's true! Don't know how I forgot about that. That is part of the reason why I wanted to test Gravity Perseus as a Defense type in the first place.
I haven't done any formal testing, but L Drago Destroy 90MF beats Lightning Tank. Because it moves in the same direction, Lightning Tank and it will travel at a very similar speed. When the rubber on L Drago is exposed, it his BD145 at 90 height. The rubber nulifies the hit. MF maintains stamina for outspin.
(May. 04, 2011  12:43 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  12:36 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: We even have an answer to right spin attackers actually, you just need a L/R beylauncher and switch the spin direction during tournaments.

Aha! That's true! Don't know how I forgot about that. That is part of the reason why I wanted to test Gravity Perseus as a Defense type in the first place.

And that make me rethink my assumption. Quadfecta with Defending Hero existing in and outside the quadfecta at the same time? But LDD, like Deikailo said, shows plenty of promise, but we need an actual testing thread.
(May. 04, 2011  12:33 AM)Kei Wrote: This is cool. I've always wanted to try using Gravity Perseus as a Defensive Wheel, but never got around to actually doing it.

(May. 03, 2011  11:17 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: "Bluezee-like results" It's as if you and he himself are comparing him to a god of beyblade. Also, it's an attack type, it's not a completely new thing that has just been introduced to us. Unless the whole Torontonian beyblading population doesn't know how to shoot an attack type, I'd say we know pretty well how to use it.

Lightning Tank in the end, is a top tier attack type beyblade, not the new MF Libra CH120RF in our metagame.

Thank you for this. I've been saying since he posted about it: MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is simply an upgrade to the classic MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF. It's an evolution, not a revolution.

Anyways, here are my results. I apologize for only doing ten tests for each set of results, but I only have one LRF and don't want to wear it down too much:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Left Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 9 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 1 win
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 90%

And just for comparison, I tested this in right spin:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Right Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 1 win
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 9 wins (5 OS, 4 KO)
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 90%

The difference is night and day.

People haven't been paying enough attention to RS lately, I think. It completely neutralizes Lightning L Drago when in left spin. Now, what would be the counter to this aside from a Stamina custom? Obviously, a right spin Attacker.

Ah! I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who has a RS and LRF. I was going to test these and you've gone and beat me to it. Great.
My terrible internet sarcasm aside, awesome results. I'll try to get some of my own up.

Pocky, do you mind if I put your combo on my metagame thread?
Haha, go ahead, I think this will impact the metagame a lot, because there's a lot of things to look at now.
Impressive result to Beat Lighting Tank What about RSF?
(May. 04, 2011  1:01 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Impressive result to Beat Lighting Tank What about RSF?
You would only make this combination downgrade. RS kills attackers of the same spin-direction. Well, if we're all going on about LT killers, MF-H Rock Kerbecs 85WD does a good job.
I don't understand how this combo is getting such high win rates. In my testings, LT just knocked it off balance and out-spun it if it didn't KO it.
Left-spinning Gravity? I doubt it, but alright. Post tests

MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF vs. MF Gravity Perseus AD145CS
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF win rate: 16/10
MF Gravity Perseus AD145CS win rate: 4/10
LT win percent: 80%
Not too tough to KO.
(May. 04, 2011  2:47 AM)Mr. N Wrote: I don't understand how this combo is getting such high win rates. In my testings, LT just knocked it off balance and out-spun it if it didn't KO it.

That is because:
1. He is using sliding shoot
2. He isn't using LRF
3. And yeah, something is off.

This combo really makes me laugh because it has such horrible balance that its ridiculous. But instead of speaking on it, I will post my results.

Tank vs. "Hero"
LLD: 16/20
Hero: 4/20

EVERYTIME I shot LLD, with banking like you are supposed to do against a combo like this, BD145 FORCED itself under it and LLD began assaulting Gravity. It really wasn't even fair. Even in right spin, it was ridiculously one sided. I really do not see how you are getting this but try again buddy.

Also, as for all the "counters" with the exception of Rock Kerbecs which I know already works quite well, the reason why they are winning is obviously because you are using a tip that has more stamina for outspin so it really isnt even a counter. I could throw MF on anything in the same direction and 9 times out of 10, it will OS the rubber based combo if it doesn't get KOed or cause a KO. Uncertain
I found that it being on 145 made it worse, since Lightning just pelted it out do to that contact. I'm guessing the only good counters are 85,90 and 220, 230 since they won't make too much, or as much contact with LDrago/Lightning. Didn't put up 170, 195 because they haven't been tested yet and LDrago/Lightning could just upper Gravity. I noticed some of that when shooting LT since I always tilt it a lot for better contact with metal/plastic which usually lets it dig in as you mentioned.
Just curious but can you post details on how many OS and KO did LT get?
(May. 04, 2011  2:47 AM)Mr. N Wrote: I don't understand how this combo is getting such high win rates. In my testings, LT just knocked it off balance and out-spun it if it didn't KO it.

This is what happened when MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF faced it in right spin, but in left spin it was never destabilized very much, I found.

(May. 04, 2011  2:54 AM)Bluezee Wrote: That is because:
2. He isn't using LRF

This combo really makes me laugh because it has such horrible balance that its ridiculous. But instead of speaking on it, I will post my results.

Umm, Bluezee, I banked and used LRF for my results. Nothing seemed to be "off". The balance issues were only evident when used in right spin.
(May. 04, 2011  3:05 AM)Kei Wrote:

This is what happened when MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF faced it in right spin, but in left spin it was never destabilized very much, I found.

(May. 04, 2011  2:54 AM)Bluezee Wrote: That is because:
2. He isn't using LRF

Umm, Bluezee, I banked and used LRF for my results. Nothing seemed to be "off". The balance issues were only evident when used in right spin.

I wonder how you might be launching then. Is there a video of your launch anywhere? I am curious to see how you go about doing this.
(May. 04, 2011  3:13 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I wonder how you might be launching then. Is there a video of your launch anywhere? I am curious to see how you go about doing this.

I don't think I have a set "launch style". It is just sort of whatever works for the situation.

For my tests, I was facing the wall and simply banked MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF to the place on the stadium where it was least likely to make immediate contact with MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS before it even touched the stadium.
(May. 04, 2011  3:16 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  3:13 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I wonder how you might be launching then. Is there a video of your launch anywhere? I am curious to see how you go about doing this.

I don't think I have a set "launch style". It is just sort of whatever works for the situation.

For my tests, I was facing the wall and simply banked MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF to the place on the stadium where it was least likely to make immediate contact with MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS before it even touched the stadium.

Hmm. Very interesting. I actually did mine not facing the wall so the chances of self-ko with LT was higher however, I really don't get those much at all anymore. I am curious to see how much different your banking is from your sliding shoot.