Poll: Is this combo competitive

Yes
31.82%
No
13.64%
More tests needed
54.55%
Total: 100% 22 vote(s)
This custom is a balance type in Zero-G. Every part compliments the others nicely.
Parts Explanation
MF- It adds defense and attack.
Kerbecs- Heavy, works nicely with Diablo.
Diablo- Diablo has sway and smash attack traits, as well as good defense.
SA165- It adds defensive weight for fighting synchrom attackers, plus gives extreme LAD.
FB- FB is the most important part of this bey. It allows you to sway stamina, stall against defense, and is reasonably difficult to sway KO.

Tests vs Attack:MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Saramanda Ifraid GB145 CF
Diablo:14 Wins(9 OS,5 0GKO)
Ifraid:6 Wins(5 0GKO,1 OS)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs Flash Lynx LW160 RF
Diablo:8 Wins(4 OS,3 KO,1 0GKO)
Flash:2 Wins(All OS)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs Flash Lynx W145 MF
Diablo:9 Wins(4 0GKO,4 OS,1 KO)
Flash:1 Win(OS)

FB's movements controlled all three sets of battles

Tests vs Defense: Against defense, if you stall, you can win. If you face an aggressive defense bottom like RB, you can sway it out with a hard enough launch.
MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Saramanda Revizer GB145 RS
Diablo:15 Wins(14 OS,1 KO)
Revizer:5 Wins(All OS)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Saramanda Revizer TH170 RS
Diablo:11 Wins(All OS)
Revizer:9 Wins(All OS)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Saramanda Revizer TH170 RB
Diablo:15 Wins(11 0GKO,3 KO,1 OS)
Revizer:15 Wins(8 OS,6 0GKO,1 KO)

Tests vs Stamina:MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs Duo Gasher BGrin
Diablo:16 Wins(9 OS,6 0GKO,1 KO)
Duo:4 Wins(3 OS,1 OGKO)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs Duo Aquario TH170 D
Diablo:18 Wins(15 0GKO,2 OS,1 KO)
Duo:2 Wins(1 0GKO,1 OS)

MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Revizer Dragooon BGrin
Diablo:0 Wins
Dragooon:10 Wins(8 OS,2 KO)

Tests vs Balance:
MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs Duo Aquario 230 MB
Diablo:2 Wins(1 OS,1 0GKO)
Duo:10 Wins(All OS)

(Dec. 17, 2012  11:39 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote:
MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF Revizer Dragooon B:D
Diablo:0 Wins
Dragooon:10 Wins(8 OS,2 KO)

This is what it comes down to. How does it do against Dragooon B:D? A combo is good if it does relatively well against RD B:D.

Great idea though!

So its only weakness are wobbling customs and Spin Equalizers? Thanks for the test, by the way! Just asking though, you said SA165 gives it LAD. Why do you need LAD if it isn't a Spin Equalizer / Stealer?
Ginga, I completely agree that the test against RD BGrin is disappointing. However, this combo is still really good against almost everything else, making it a good tournament choice IMO.
BladerPegasis, the LAD helps against MF and defense types. Also, you are correct, it only loses to wobblers and spin equalizers.
Amazing tests! This combo seems like a really good one! Can you test this against a Sway Attack or Defence combo with E230? (If you have it)
I don't have E230, but I probably will on Christmas. I'll test it then.
It would be extremely helpful if you would state what mode SA165 was in. And have you tried this tip and track set up with a Synchrom instead of Diablo?
Benchmarks tests for Attack please. Not entirely convinced that it defeated Flash so thoroughly considering this combo seems pretty random.
Ultra,My Flash is pretty close to fully worn, even more so now, but I can try. Flash lost so completely because it just couldn't make contact because of Diablo's heavier weight and FB circling the stadium, moving Flash with ease.
Kain_Highwind, SA165 was in normal mode. Also, I have not tried this with a synchrom. Unfortunately I don't have two of any chrome wheel, so defense would probably win because of the major imbalance of Zero-G.
I would still experiment a little with the Synchroms you have. You might be suprised at how 2 wheels work with each other even though they aren't perfectly balanced. A good smash attacker as the top wheel might make the difference in the matches against some wobbling combos that you are having trouble with.
It probably could. I'll try Ifraid now, but I'll post official results on Christmas if I get Girago/2 Gryphs.
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:53 PM)Ultra Wrote: Benchmarks tests for Attack please. Not entirely convinced that it defeated Flash so thoroughly considering this combo seems pretty random.

Well, Diablo is an Anti-Attack wheel, and he did say Flash was worn. But the combo still sounds promising. Can you do a vs. MSF Saramanda Ifraid W145CF? Correct me if I'm wrong, but GB145 sounds like it would scrape in Zero-G.

I bet Ingulit would like this, someone finally found the FB's cache in the metagame.
Now, before everyone starts bashing me and thinking this combo is bad because of my benchmark, know my Flash is pretty much fully worn, as I stated earlier, and my RF became too worn during tests that I couldn't even do 15 rounds. Also, my benchmark isn't too important since FB is aggressive, so I didn't even need to do the sliding shoot against the Diablo custom. With that being said, here is my benchmark: Flash Lynx LW160 RF vs MF Duo Aquario TH170 MB
Flash:5 Wins(All KO)
Duo:10 Wins(All OS)
What this does show, however, is that the FB custom does better than this.
By the way Wombat, GB145 did not scrape once since it was on CF.

Dang, your Flash must be won if I can't beat TH170 and MB.
Yes, it is pretty darn worn, as is my RF. I'll have the Hyperblade one soon, but can someone test Flash against MF Diablo ______ SA165 FB in the meantime?
Ahh, FB in 0G, I freakin knew it.

Not just Ingy wants to see FB in there, so do I, it's an amazing tip concept.

The results are pretty promising. Do you have a VariAres? Try testing against that for a decent benchmark and vs attack if your Flash is burned out.
Unfortunately my friend's Variares is burned out as well. I can use a mint Gravity, Cosmic, Ifraid, Gargole, or Dragooon lol. Any suggestions?
Maybe a vid would be good?
Unfortunately, I am out of town and didn't have room to pack my Zero-G stadium. However, I happened to make this video the night before I left. It is not an optimum battle, but it is the best I can provide until the 30th. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stxuAsL2gVc
That link doesn't work. It needs a WWW in it. This is the working one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxuAsL2gVc
BeybladePants11's Request:
MF Diablo Kerbecs SA165 FB vs MSF-H Ifraid Gargole E230(Lower Mode) CF
Diablo:8 Wins(5 0GKO,2 KO,1 OS)
Gargole:12 Wins(8 0GKO,1 KO,3 OS)
2 Ties

These battles were crazy! Both beys were flying everywhere! Because of SA165 being on normal mode, and E230's amazing ability to almost never get 0GKO'd, E230 had an advantage.
Here is a video against Flash W145 XF. I did 20 rounds and filmed a few. Diablo won 12-8.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXE7RWcgZgI