MF Basalt Aquario 100WD

Hi members of the WBO, I found a good combo that has very good potential, MF Basalt Aquario 100WD. Here are the test results:

First Test Battle Wave:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD vs. Lightning L-Drago(Upper Mode) 100R2F:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD won: 17/20 battles= 85.0%
Lightning L-Drago 100R2F won: 3/20 battles= 15.0%

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD got KO'ed 3 times, outspun Lightning L-Drago 100R2F 15 times and KO'ed Lightning L-Drago 100R2F 2 times.

Second Test Battle Wave:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD vs. MF Earth Aquario R145WD:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD won: 18/20 battles= 90.0%
MF Earth Aquario R145WD won: 2/20 battles= 10.0%

All matches were sleep out.

Third Test Battle Wave:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD won: 19/20 battles= 95.0%
MF Earth Bull GB145WB won: 1/20 battles= 5.0%

Fourth Test Battle Wave:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD vs. Gravity Perceus(Right Spin and Counter Mode) D125RF:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD won: 15/20= 75.0%
Gravity Perceus D125RF won: 5/20= 25.0%

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD got KO'ed 5 times, outspun Gravity Perceus D125RF 10 times and KO'ed Gravity Perceus D125RF 5 times.

Final Test Battle Wave:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD vs. MF Earth Aquario AD145WD:

MF Basalt Aquario 100WD won: 20/20 battles= 100.0%
MF Earth Aquario AD145WD won: 0/20 battles= 0%

BB-10 Attack Stadium used.
2 Beylauncher LRs used(one in Right Mode and one in Left Mode)

This combo could be top-tier. No one has bothered to try this combo I don't think.

This is pretty much verbatim what is on the top tier stamina list... but worse 85>100

Also, your first test results are 'skewed' LLD 100RF wipes the floor with Basalt 100WD, so does Grav RF... are you sliding correctly?? as this is just a generic LTSC that's been done a million times over, the results of which are very well known to those who follow that stuff..

Try to come up with 'unique' combos, not just a regurgitation of parts from the Top Tier List (or previous incarnations of said list).... branch out, try new wheels/spintracks/tips...
Yeah, um, test against Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF, Variares BD145RF, Basalt Kerbecs 230CS. I've used this combo in tournaments and it does not stand up competitively. Also, why would you use Gravity in right? It should be used in left.

I also believe MF-H Earth Aquario/Bull 85/90WD/EWD will OS this.
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:37 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: This is pretty much verbatim what is on the top tier stamina list... but worse 85>100

Have you tested them head to head in order to have the basis to make that statement?

True, 85 is typically better, but you can't assume that this specific combo will perform any better on 85 or 100 until you've tested it.
Actually, Basalt shouldn't be used on trackers lower than 105 from my vague testing. It can't regain balance at 85.
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Actually, Basalt shouldn't be used on trackers lower than 105 from my vague testing. It can't regain balance at 85.

I don't necessarily agree with this, but that's ok
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:49 PM)gibsonmac Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Actually, Basalt shouldn't be used on trackers lower than 105 from my vague testing. It can't regain balance at 85.

I can say that Basalt doesnt regain balance on 8/5. Ive tested it myself. And let me give you some friendly advice. Deikailo knows what she is talking about.
85 is in no way better for Basalt than 100. Even with something like 105, it is by no means competitively viable: 90% of my losses are because of this kind of combination. Earth will demolish it and at that height it has no chance for wobbling and since Basalt is already a very wobbly wheel it is complete hell and not really a good combination to use at all unless you're playing BD145 or something.
You will be suprised how balanced my Basalt Wheel is, I got the lot with very good balance
I would be considering nearly all my losses (all but 1 with a stroke of carp launching) were from MF-H Basalt Kerbecs DF105WD..
did anyone else realize he used LLD in Multi hit Mode instead of Upper
[quote='BillyBlast' pid='817536' dateline='1319068552']
did anyone else realize he used LLD in Multi hit Mode instead of Upper
Is Upper Mode when its on the single 3 part with the upper slope?

(Oct. 20, 2011  1:14 AM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: Is Upper Mode when its on the single 3 part with the upper slope?

Look at the article on Lightning L Drago on Beywiki.
[quote='gibsonmac' pid='817455' dateline='1319060256']
This is pretty much verbatim what is on the top tier stamina list... but worse 85>100

Also, your first test results are 'skewed' LLD 100RF wipes the floor with Basalt 100WD, so does Grav RF... are you sliding correctly?? as this is just a generic LTSC that's been done a million times over, the results of which are very well known to those who follow that stuff..

Try to come up with 'unique' combos, not just a regurgitation of parts from the Top Tier List (or previous incarnations of said list).... branch out, try new wheels/spintracks/tips...
I used the sliding shoot technique

Thanks Kai-V!
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Also, why would you use Gravity in right? It should be used in left.

1: gravity in right has more recoil when aimed correctly
2: i don't think so o.o

but when you say that this is not really a competitive combo, you're absolutely right,
it has too much problems with current competitive combos
hmmmmmmmmmmm lemma test this against my notorious (and sometimes hated) Flame Cancer 130 WD
(Oct. 19, 2011  11:45 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: You will be suprised how balanced my Basalt Wheel is, I got the lot with very good balance
So what you're saying is your Basalt Wheel is different than every Basalt wheel manufactured? Do you have a bitbeast, too?

It's quite alright if you can't agree with the truth.
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:48 AM)Yamislayer Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Also, why would you use Gravity in right? It should be used in left.

1: gravity in right has more recoil when aimed correctly
2: i don't think so o.o

but when you say that this is not really a competitive combo, you're absolutely right,
it has too much problems with current competitive combos
Why would you want recoil?
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  11:45 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: You will be suprised how balanced my Basalt Wheel is, I got the lot with very good balance
So what you're saying is your Basalt Wheel is different than every Basalt wheel manufactured? Do you have a bitbeast, too?

I think he is speaking specifically of having one of the miraculous Basalts that have been mentioned here before, and are quite a real thing. There are a few Basalts that, through some odd happenstance during manufacturing or repeated use, ended up extraordinarily well-balanced, compared to the average Basalt.

It's unlikely he has one, statistically, but not impossible.
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:09 AM)Hazel Wrote:

I think he is speaking specifically of having one of the miraculous Basalts that have been mentioned here before, and are quite a real thing. There are a few Basalts that, through some odd happenstance during manufacturing or repeated use, ended up extraordinarily well-balanced, compared to the average Basalt.

It's unlikely he has one, statistically, but not impossible.
IKMV told me I had that wheel...and it still sucked.
I can't really speak for the practical application of it in his scenario - I just know those Basalts are occasionally sold for large amounts of money, and held responsible for several tournament wins.

I was just trying to clarify.
The amount of group-think that goes on here is astounding... How many times have we learned that there is no such thing as "that shouldn't be happening... that's impossible, everybody knows____" such as 230 being able to be taken out by 85... or DB145 being able to be beaten by earth 85WD, or RB out spinning MB/CS/RSF on Basalt... Video proof killed the paradigm...

In my tests, 85 did better than 100, I'm not saying its like that for everyone, but, its OK

It's quite alright if you can't agree with the truth.

"There is no 'truth' only statistics and standard deviation" - Dr. Donald Degges.

Like I've said before, its entirely possible for you and I to come to different conclusions for optimal Basalt height, neither of us being correct of course, because they are just statistics and variables... there is no truth, much like the spoon...

It's also quite humorous how people believe everything they hear from 'trusted' or 'respected' users, and that anything contrary is lunacy... I've been reading a lot of threads here recently, and this happens at least once in every single one... 'the final counter,' '85 vs 230,' are the more notable ones, even my 'MFH Basalt TR145RB' was filled with 'impossible', 'everyone knows blah, blah, blahhh...' people need to test carp out, and if they have different conclusions, it doesn't make either incorrect, just that they were unable to replicate the circumstance that lead to the formers results, which could be due to numerous trivial variables (part/stadium wear, launch technique on each bey, wrist/arm strength et cetera).
The laws of physics have defined parameters. There are absolute truths, even in a world full of variables and inconsistencies.

We have had some users have extreme success with ludicrous things that others could not replicate. If it cannot be replicated on a wide scale, it's invalid for competitive use, AND discussion.

Moreover, if an idea is not met with contention, it's unlikely the idea will ever be tested properly, so be glad of skeptics - they breed progress, through more conclusive evidence, more testing, and more discussion.
plus, it's not a recognition contest...

So if you think it works, why the heck would it matter what other people say?
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:39 AM)Hazel Wrote: The laws of physics have defined parameters. There are absolute truths, even in a world full of variables and inconsistencies.

We have had some users have extreme success with ludicrous things that others could not replicate. If it cannot be replicated on a wide scale, it's invalid for competitive use, AND discussion.

Moreover, if an idea is not met with contention, it's unlikely the idea will ever be tested properly, so be glad of skeptics - they breed progress, through more conclusive evidence, more testing, and more discussion.

I'm not talking about skeptics... I'm a skeptic on this site... I'm talking about people who blab on about how something is impossible because 'eveyone knows.....' and people who blindly agree with 'respected' users.... you know "group-think"?!?!

And there are absolute truths in science and nature (well near absolute truths anyway) but not always the case in beyblade... there are an EXTREME amount of unknowns/variables that make it so... varying molds, compounds (differences in make-up of RF and RB, or Hasbro vs TT R145) and beyond that we are not machines, even our own launches vary monumentally (from a statisticians pov) with each 'let it rip'

so yes, and no.

Also, if one user beats the 'odds' with a 'ludacris' combo, its not invalid competitively if the win
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Like I've said before, its entirely possible for you and I to come to different conclusions for optimal Basalt height, neither of us being correct of course, because they are just statistics and variables... there is no truth, much like the spoon...
I told you I've used a variant of this combo competitively. Dan has used this combination as well. I have seen people use this combo. It loses consistently. We wouldn't even use this in the Hasbro US Championships. When a few people are involved, it comes down to being correct. Seriously, why not actually test this against some top tier combos? If you think it's so great, do it. Adding Basalt to a random assortment of parts generally makes those parts seem better, but really, there is such a way to take it out.

(Oct. 20, 2011  3:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: It's also quite humorous how people believe everything they hear from 'trusted' or 'respected' users, and that anything contrary is lunacy... I've been reading a lot of threads here recently, and this happens at least once in every single one... 'the final counter,' '85 vs 230,' are the more notable ones, even my 'MFH Basalt TR145RB' was filled with 'impossible', 'everyone knows blah, blah, blahhh...' people need to test carp out, and if they have different conclusions, it doesn't make either incorrect, just that they were unable to replicate the circumstance that lead to the formers results, which could be due to numerous trivial variables (part/stadium wear, launch technique on each bey, wrist/arm strength et cetera).
Hey, why don't you try reading a little more because you missed the part where I said I did test this. Clearly you don't read enough.