MF Basalt Aquario 100WD

If only one user can do it, it's invalid as a competitive suggestion. Consistency rules the day, and this is forum should be used to provide combos that are usable by everyone. If only one person gets it to work, more power to that one person, but it's meaningless for anyone else unless that person pinpoints the method by which others can replicate it.

Hivemind is going to be common anywhere you have knowledgable people as the minority and people learning from them as the majority. The fact of the matter is, a trusted, proven member IS a more reliable source of information than Joe Shmoe and his hour-old account. It's common sense. When a bit of information is passed around a lot, it does usually come to be "common knowledge", and quite often for very good reason - the rule is not going to change because of one or two cases of minor exception.

Not everyone has the time to test everything - users on the WBO depend on the ones who DO take the time to give them correct information.
(Oct. 20, 2011  4:11 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Like I've said before, its entirely possible for you and I to come to different conclusions for optimal Basalt height, neither of us being correct of course, because they are just statistics and variables... there is no truth, much like the spoon...
I told you I've used a variant of this combo competitively. Dan has used this combination as well. I have seen people use this combo. It loses consistently. We wouldn't even use this in the Hasbro US Championships. When a few people are involved, it comes down to being correct. Seriously, why not actually test this against some top tier combos? If you think it's so great, do it. Adding Basalt to a random assortment of parts generally makes those parts seem better, but really, there is such a way to take it out.

(Oct. 20, 2011  3:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: It's also quite humorous how people believe everything they hear from 'trusted' or 'respected' users, and that anything contrary is lunacy... I've been reading a lot of threads here recently, and this happens at least once in every single one... 'the final counter,' '85 vs 230,' are the more notable ones, even my 'MFH Basalt TR145RB' was filled with 'impossible', 'everyone knows blah, blah, blahhh...' people need to test carp out, and if they have different conclusions, it doesn't make either incorrect, just that they were unable to replicate the circumstance that lead to the formers results, which could be due to numerous trivial variables (part/stadium wear, launch technique on each bey, wrist/arm strength et cetera).
Hey, why don't you try reading a little more because you missed the part where I said I did test this. Clearly you don't read enough.

dude I wasn't talking about you, but the person who responded based on your response...

I also never said the combo was 'so great' quite the contrary... also I have done the testing, and used said combo in a tourney, and I had the best luck with 85 (which is what I used btw, and won), could be the meta of my area, who knows... all I said is that "I [didn't] necessarily agree with [your conclusion], but that's ok" meaning in my circumstance, I had different findings than you had within your circumstance... which happens, no big deal, that's life...

I'm definitely NOT telling you that you are wrong, just, depending on the situation, heights lower than 105 can win, so there you go..
Just a quick Fact, but i have 2 basalts, one is ULTRA WORN the other is brand new, when i tested them on 90, the old basalt had a slight LAD effect, the newer one did not. maybe the condition of the basalt matters also?
mine is beat to Shee-ieght THANKS BLITZ!!! and I want to say I concur... but I'll test to make sure
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why would you want recoil?

uhm, isn't it self explanatory when you use a RF bottom?
(Oct. 20, 2011  4:28 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: dude I wasn't talking about you, but the person who responded based on your response...
Then why would you quote me and then say "people", as if there are multiple people involved?

(Oct. 20, 2011  4:28 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: and used said combo in a tourney, and I had the best luck with 85 (which is what I used btw, and won), could be the meta of my area
Funny, I haven't really heard of many Minnesota bladers. From what I've learned in my travels, unless the WBO influences a community, there are not many fan-based tournaments outside of Hasbro stadiums, which are completely different from Takara's. I should know, I've judged at the US qualifiers and championships.
(Oct. 20, 2011  4:40 AM)Yamislayer Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why would you want recoil?

uhm, isn't it self explanatory when you use a RF bottom?
No. You want less recoil so the attack will hold its ground instead of flying back.

(Oct. 20, 2011  1:37 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  4:28 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: and used said combo in a tourney, and I had the best luck with 85 (which is what I used btw, and won), could be the meta of my area
Funny, I haven't really heard of many Minnesota bladers. From what I've learned in my travels, unless the WBO influences a community, there are not many fan-based tournaments outside of Hasbro stadiums, which are completely different from Takara's. I should know, I've judged at the US qualifiers and championships.

Well that is not accurate... we have had a few (3 I think) non-hasbro, TT stadium tourneys over the summer... NOT WBO santioned, though I've been trying to make it happen, people don't want to/forget/lazy to sign up for the site... Kudos for the Judging exp... though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you Hasbro stadiums make it an entirely different game...

and there are multiple 'people' involved... not necessarily only in this topic, its across the whole forum, people blindly backing others without testing/seeing things for themselves, like I said in the initial post... and its was NOT pointed at you, I just happened to disagree with your statement, so I quoted you, because with my exp I've done fine with basalt on 85 (I think I've read others have had success with it as well, Basalt__85RS)... but I never told you that your wrong, or full of carp... merely that I have had different results, which admittedly could come from different metas, or a host of other variables (one of which not being hasbro stadiums)... so there ya go

(Oct. 20, 2011  3:09 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: [quote='MFB Mad Master' pid='817478' dateline='1319064344']
You will be suprised how balanced my Basalt Wheel is, I got the lot with very good balance
So what you're saying is your Basalt Wheel is different than every Basalt wheel manufactured? Do you have a bitbeast, too?

I think he is speaking specifically of having one of the miraculous Basalts that have been mentioned here before, and are quite a real thing. There are a few Basalts that, through some odd happenstance during manufacturing or repeated use, ended up extraordinarily well-balanced, compared to the average Basalt.

It's unlikely he has one, statistically, but not impossible.
I think I have one of those Basalt Wheels, looks like I got lucky and the Basalt Horoguim only costed me 16 dollars. Imagine an Earth Eagle 145WD launched at 100% spin power, my Basalt Wheel wouldn't wobble for 17/18 of the spin time, it would only start wobbling when it reaches the last 20 seconds of it's spin time. I don't know what the deal is with this Basalt but really looks like I got one of the lucky Basalt wheels.

MFB Mad Master: why do you constantly post blanks???
(Oct. 20, 2011  1:37 PM)Deikailo Wrote: No. You want less recoil so the attack will hold its ground instead of flying back.

oh wait, maybe i just messed it up. when you use gravity in right spin, the amunt of recoil whil hitting another piece is higher, but when using rf, the more you have, the more you can smash your oppnent out of the stadium, that's what i mean.

example to be clear:
we prefer vari ares over storm for attack, cause vari produces way more recoil.
I know i should talk about "smash attack" but again, i am not reerring to the type of attack, but its amount of strenght. (example: vulcan being better than quetz, or gravity being better than rock)
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:11 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: MFB Mad Master: why do you constantly post blanks???

He doesn't mean to, but you can only quote up to two different posts at a time and he's doing more than two. Tongue_out

Deikailo
Pegasis yo
Pegasis + RF + Grin