METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here!

(Aug. 27, 2008  3:20 AM)Evan Wrote: I've never been to a Japanese tournament, but they never actually stated that they could only use these stadiums. Any stadium should be applicable if any Beyblade is.

The stadiums at the tournament were put out by tournament staff. I'd tell you which stadiums were put out by the staff, but I'm guessing you've already solved that part!

By what you're saying, if someone posts a combo using Uriel 2's BB or DGMSUV's RC, we should say, "This sucks! This won't work at all in the old Attack stadium with no Tornado Ridge!"

Which may be true. But it would not prevent you from looking like an idiot.

When we talk about the game we talk about it in its most current terms. There was a time when the RPM Shooter that couldn't be attached to a Grip would have been a good choice if you could use it effectively. There's a time when the EZ Grip, the predecessor of the Customize Grip, was a must-have accessory to improve your shooting. However, these suggestions would be completely inane now.

The new stadiums are standards, but old Beyblades always remain if they continue to be useful.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:20 AM)Evan Wrote: I've never been to a Japanese tournament, but they never actually stated that they could only use these stadiums. Any stadium should be applicable if any Beyblade is.

The stadiums at the tournament were put out by tournament staff. I'd tell you which stadiums were put out by the staff, but I'm guessing you've already solved that part!

By what you're saying, if someone posts a combo using Uriel 2's BB or DGMSUV's RC, we should say, "This sucks! This won't work at all in the old Attack stadium with no Tornado Ridge!"

Which may be true. But it would not prevent you from looking like an idiot.

When we talk about the game we talk about it in its most current terms. There was a time when the RPM Shooter that couldn't be attached to a Grip would have been a good choice if you could use it effectively. There's a time when the EZ Grip, the predecessor of the Customize Grip, was a must-have accessory to improve your shooting. However, these suggestions would be completely inane now.

The new stadiums are standards, but old Beyblades always remain if they continue to be useful.

I'm going to end this again, although it doesn't make any carp sense. I'd like to still be in this community and not end banned because I "back talked"
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:23 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:22 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:20 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: At tournaments, were you still allowed to use plastic even after HMS was released? Yes.
What stadiums were at those tournaments? The most recent releases only.
Were there ever older stadiums used in a newer tournament? No.

A change in what is considered to be the standard "playing field" is completely different than releases of new Beyblades. We revolve our Beyblade choices around the most current stadiums because that is the standard competitive field. However, you are still allowed to use older Beyblades.

That's how it is completely different.

Any stadium should be applicable if any Beyblade is.

But they're not. We don't make the rules, man.

Where in the rules does it say this?

The fact that you're still hung up on this worries me.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:25 AM)Evan Wrote: I'm going to end this again, although it doesn't make any carp sense. I'd like to still be in this community and not end banned because I "back talked"

Ugh I am half tempted to ban you just for saying this.

We don't ban people here because they "back talk". We haven't even threatened you with any punishment whatsoever because of this conversation, so why would you even assume we were considering this?

And for the record, it does make sense, you're just trying to refute something that has been standard for ages and that doesn't need to be refuted, confusing yourself in the process.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:25 AM)Evan Wrote: I'm going to end this again, although it doesn't make any carp sense. I'd like to still be in this community and not end banned because I "back talked"

Suit yourself man. Don't get mad with me just because you don't understand what you're talking about. :\

Why end it? You were doing great.

On that note, what's not to get? The concept is simple. Old stadiums were never used in current play, but all beyblades were allowed. The community goes by the standards that were set in Japanese play. That's pretty simple.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Suit yourself man. Don't get mad with me just because you don't understand what you're talking about. :\

I understand completely what I'm saying, I don't understand your reasoning behind this whole thing...but I'm not going to get banned or suspended over something as stupid as this. ^^
Nobody threatened to ban or suspend you. Or even warn you. Stop trying to make yourself look better by putting words in our mouth (which is all you've done this entire debate).
Nobody has, but in the past people who start "arguments" such as these have been banned. I don't really want to join them. I love this community with all my heart, always have.

Back to MFB...I'm looking at this for my order in September:

Pegasus DX
Bull Starter
Saggitario Starter
Leon Starter
Wolf Starter
Libra Starter
4x Random Booster 1
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:33 AM)Evan Wrote: Nobody has, but in the past people who start "arguments" such as these have been banned. I don't really want to join them. I love this community with all my heart, always have.

Go ahead and list them. Smile
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:33 AM)Evan Wrote: Nobody has, but in the past people who start "arguments" such as these have been banned. I don't really want to join them. I love this community with all my heart, always have.

Ahem...I said I was done, I'm sorry for calling you out if you thought I did, I was simply making a point. This is no reason to call me out, I'm done fighting. Be mature about this Brad.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:38 AM)Evan Wrote:

Ahem...I said I was done, I'm sorry for calling you out if you thought I did, I was simply making a point. This is no reason to call me out, I'm done fighting. Be mature about this Brad.

Please do not make accusations you are not prepared to back up. Thanks.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Although I disagree again, I think we can agree to disagree here. We can both have our own opinions, and once the first MFB tournament comes about we'll see who is right. *Shakes hand*
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:46 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Although I disagree again, I think we can agree to disagree here. We can both have our own opinions, and once the first MFB tournament comes about we'll see who is right. *Shakes hand*

What are you talking about?

You said people in the past have been banned for starting arguments, and Brad asked you to list them. You sidestepped the question, instead deciding to indirectly insult him.

Now you're trying to play the "take the high road" card and its really just backfiring in your face.
Oh Jesus carp Christ, will you end this already? I'll say I'm wrong if you want, holy carp carp. List (althought not banned for the exact reason I would be, but similar) Keyblader and Blader Kenny. Got it? I'm a dumbass if it'll make all of you happy
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:51 AM)Evan Wrote: Oh Jesus carp Christ, will you end this already? I'll say I'm wrong if you want, holy carp carp. List (althought not banned for the exact reason I would be, but similar) Keyblader and Blader Kenny. Got it? I'm a dumbass if it'll make all of you happy

Keyblader isn't banned and Blader: Kenny? Uh:

http://forums.beywiki.com/thread-1370.html

basically you lied and are now struggling to back up your lie
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:51 AM)Evan Wrote: Oh Jesus carp Christ, will you end this already? I'll say I'm wrong if you want, holy carp carp. List (althought not banned for the exact reason I would be, but similar) Keyblader and Blader Kenny. Got it? I'm a dumbass if it'll make all of you happy

This is not what we wanted from you at all, and the fact that you're getting so irritable over an argument that you started in the first place is telling.

The best way to end something like this is to just leave it -- walk away. You kept coming back for more, and if you keep coming back, of course people are going to keep giving.

How can you expect to challenge a statement made by someone else and then never come to a conclusive answer? In other words, if you can't take the heat, I'd suggest you quit dishing it out.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:55 AM)Roan Wrote:

This is not what we wanted from you at all, and the fact that you're getting so irritable over an argument that you started in the first place is telling.

The best way to end something like this is to just leave it -- walk away. You kept coming back for more, and if you keep coming back, of course people are going to keep giving.

How can you expect to challenge a statement made by someone else and then never come to a conclusive answer? In other words, if you can't take the heat, I'd suggest you quit dishing it out.

I said I was quitting, you people are the ones who keep bringing more. I had a simply question, is it in the rules. Now do you see where this has brought us? A long fight that is completely off topic. End of discussion here
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody threatened to ban or suspend you. Or even warn you. Stop trying to make yourself look better by putting words in our mouth (which is all you've done this entire debate).

If you didn't have a reputation for being so loose with a banhammer...

Anyway, what Evan is saying does make sense. Using old stadiums should allowed should we be able to have old series vs. new ones (Which is a somewhat absurd idea. I'll get into that later). One reason is convenience. There is no way everyone is going to be able to shell out money for blades AND stadiums. Another reason is, these are the things we're used to. We should be allowed to play in these stadiums a bit to get the transition.

Furthermore, the idea of using HMS against MFB is absurd. For one, the time gap seems to be a factor, as Evan mentioned. In five years, Takara HAD to expect their former demographic to move on. That's why they devised a brand new system. Which brings me to my next point, these are two totally different generations. We weren't allowed to use Plastic vs. HMS, were we. The argument for that is, "Well, they are similar systems." Plastic and HMS had similarities, too. Sure, they were more subtle than the ones between HMS and MFB, but the point still remains. Different generation, different set of rules.

And in the end, all this pointless bickering is about is a sarcastic remark Evan made about an idea of Brad's that he (and I) found dumb. I don't think I'd see more realistic trolls if one bashed me in the head with a stone club right now. Now kindly quit your instigating so I can sleep know this topic didn't have and A-bomb dropped on it or was locked.
You said you were quitting after making back-handed comments, just as you're doing now. You can't say something to provoke the argument further and then say, "OK, END OF DISCUSSION." If you want it to end, just STOP TALKING. And now you're blaming us for escalating the argument when it was you who wouldn't shut up about something you had no clue about and were insulting me (fyi, read over the posts; I never insulted you).

You're on the way to an (overdue and incredibly justified) warning, so I suggest you just take this comment and not make any more posts on the issue.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:58 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:55 AM)Roan Wrote:

I said I was quitting, you people are the ones who keep bringing more. I had a simply question, is it in the rules. Now do you see where this has brought us? A long fight that is completely off topic. End of discussion here

You say you're quitting, but its hard for me to believe you, particularly when you keep bringing up incorrect things to back you up. Its even more difficult for me to leave you alone about it.

You didn't have a "simple question", you called Brad out. Don't remember? Here, refresh yourself:

http://forums.beywiki.com/thread-1552-po...l#pid54930

That's where all of this started. You challenged a statement Brad made and then shirked out of your position (or at least attempted to) by trying to take the moral high road and then, surprise, citing incorrect information.
(Aug. 27, 2008  4:00 AM)Neverender Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody threatened to ban or suspend you. Or even warn you. Stop trying to make yourself look better by putting words in our mouth (which is all you've done this entire debate).

Here is a list of users banned from Beywiki, excluding spammers and fake accounts:

brandonk129
Blader: Kenny
rukiachann
Kai
mihaeru
Gekiryu
dreamborn
KnightWane
Underground Beyblader
Wilderness

Feel free to look into the posting history of these accounts. Smile

' Wrote:Furthermore, the idea of using HMS against MFB is absurd. For one, the time gap seems to be a factor, as Evan mentioned. In five years, Takara HAD to expect their former demographic to move on. That's why they devised a brand new system. Which brings me to my next point, these are two totally different generations. We weren't allowed to use Plastic vs. HMS, were we. The argument for that is, "Well, they are similar systems." Plastic and HMS had similarities, too. Sure, they were more subtle than the ones between HMS and MFB, but the point still remains. Different generation, different set of rules.

SURPRISE!

We WERE allowed to use HMS Vs. Plastic. In fact, plastic Zombies continued to be quite prevalent until the release of Wolborg MS. Smile
Quote:Anyway, what Evan is saying does make sense. Using old stadiums should allowed should we be able to have old series vs. new ones (Which is a somewhat absurd idea. I'll get into that later). One reason is convenience. There is no way everyone is going to be able to shell out money for blades AND stadiums. Another reason is, these are the things we're used to. We should be allowed to play in these stadiums a bit to get the transition.

Nobody's saying you can't use these stadiums, but to use them for making judgments for competitive play is silly and completely inaccurate.
(Aug. 27, 2008  4:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Here is a list of users banned from Beywiki, excluding spammers and fake accounts:

brandonk129
Blader: Kenny
rukiachann
Kai
mihaeru
Gekiryu
dreamborn
KnightWane
Underground Beyblader
Wilderness

Feel free to look into the posting history of these accounts. Smile

' Wrote:Furthermore, the idea of using HMS against MFB is absurd. For one, the time gap seems to be a factor, as Evan mentioned. In five years, Takara HAD to expect their former demographic to move on. That's why they devised a brand new system. Which brings me to my next point, these are two totally different generations. We weren't allowed to use Plastic vs. HMS, were we. The argument for that is, "Well, they are similar systems." Plastic and HMS had similarities, too. Sure, they were more subtle than the ones between HMS and MFB, but the point still remains. Different generation, different set of rules.

SURPRISE!

We WERE allowed to use HMS Vs. Plastic. In fact, plastic Zombies continued to be quite prevalent until the release of Wolborg MS. Smile
Quote:Anyway, what Evan is saying does make sense. Using old stadiums should allowed should we be able to have old series vs. new ones (Which is a somewhat absurd idea. I'll get into that later). One reason is convenience. There is no way everyone is going to be able to shell out money for blades AND stadiums. Another reason is, these are the things we're used to. We should be allowed to play in these stadiums a bit to get the transition.

Nobody's saying you can't use these stadiums, but to use them for making judgments for competitive play is silly and completely inaccurate.

GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN

Anyway, what Evan is saying does make sense. Using old stadiums should allowed should we be able to have old series vs. new ones (Which is a somewhat absurd idea. I'll get into that later). One reason is convenience. There is no way everyone is going to be able to shell out money for blades AND stadiums. Another reason is, these are the things we're used to. We should be allowed to play in these stadiums a bit to get the transition.

Furthermore, the idea of using HMS against MFB is absurd. For one, the time gap seems to be a factor, as Evan mentioned. In five years, Takara HAD to expect their former demographic to move on. That's why they devised a brand new system. Which brings me to my next point, these are two totally different generations. We weren't allowed to use Plastic vs. HMS, were we. The argument for that is, "Well, they are similar systems." Plastic and HMS had similarities, too. Sure, they were more subtle than the ones between HMS and MFB, but the point still remains. Different generation, different set of rules.

And in the end, all this pointless bickering is about is a sarcastic remark Evan made about an idea of Brad's that he (and I) found dumb. I don't think I'd see more realistic trolls if one bashed me in the head with a stone club right now. Now kindly quit your instigating so I can sleep know this topic didn't have and A-bomb dropped on it or was locked.

You also clearly haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

MFB is a series refresh/reboot/whatever. The point is, its a whole new starting point for the game. Given this information, its pretty safe to say that the MFB's were NOT designed with previous equipment in mind -- be that stadiums or beyblades themselves.

We were never, EVER arguing the fact that using old stadiums shouldn't be allowed. Brad and I were simply pointing out the fact that of course MFB aren't performing well against HMS blades in stadiums DESIGNED for HMS beyblades, in an effort to explain the rather disappointing performance of Pegasis vs. Dragoon MSUV.

Somehow that got taken way out of context and warped into some sort of argument about whether or not parts/stadiums should be allowed for use in the new systems.

Plastic vs. HMS was allowed. That was already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Neverender Wrote:And in the end, all this pointless bickering is about is a sarcastic remark Evan made about an idea of Brad's that he (and I) found dumb. I don't think I'd see more realistic trolls if one bashed me in the head with a stone club right now. Now kindly quit your instigating so I can sleep know this topic didn't have and A-bomb dropped on it or was locked.

I laughed at this, honest to god I did. How on Earth did what Brad and I were originally discussing become so misconstrued? I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't come here in trying to play the role of cavalry when you really don't have the slightest idea what's been going on.
(Aug. 27, 2008  3:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It occurred to me, maybe Pegasis' performance in TBTS shouldn't be much of a concern for us. TBTS wasn't designed with MFB in mind, and Pegasis wasn't designed with TBTS in mind.

I'd also like to point out that a more violent attack type like DGMS UV in a smaller stadium hits more and obviously harder making it superior. Bigger stadium equals a lot more avoidance and it seemed to me that's what the big factor was with Pegasis winning. Also isn't Pegasis bigger than DGMS UV and the issues with the shooters in HMS being more powerful means yeah it's got a lot more power to each of it's hits when compared to our MFB Attack type of the moment?