METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE! AUGUST 9 NEW SERIES RELEASE

Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Blue Wrote:the wheel is all metal, inertia will be largly dependant on the wheel. which is pretty sweet. Pegasus will have high MOI, being stable and the energy in collisions will be very high, this will be characteristic of this wheel regardless of track and tip. Bull will conserve its momentum, spinning very fast when compared to pegasus.

If you look carefully, Chiron looks to have a much larger attack ring (I'm assuming all the bits are the same size). If you were to compare them to weight discs, I would say Pegasus is more of a Balance, bull and leo are Heavy, and chiron as Wide.

It's rather dumb to be quoting myself, but since there's already been new posts, and I need to correct myself...

[Image: dcf5d156.jpg]
I've resized them to scale based on the bitchip size.

Doing a comparison seems that both Pegasus and Chiron are of about the same size, with similar weight distribution. But bull and leo are noticably smaller.

awsome diagram.8)
Forgive me but lol I really don't know the names well.
So when I typed Bull I refered in my mind to Leo.
And your right about Chiron. I didn't even think of it. If it is a solid as it looks then it should be heavier than Pegasus.

Regardless Chiron's and Pegasus's weight distribution are furthest from the center, large MOI and most kinetic energy. which I'm hoping will result in the most powerful collisions of any othe beyblade type.

that was the point I was trying to make, to compare to hms that still hae WDs which are big factor in the MOI.

All because Raikun was saying Metal-Fight was step backward etc.
Metal Fight will be quite different
I meant Rai coming around to complain. Wink
Are these new beyblades suppose to be anywhere close to the power of the HMS series?
I would imagine, otherwise people would just bring HMS to tournaments.
It would be logical to have them be more powerful than the HMS, but for some reason they don't look more practical than the HMS, or more powerful.

They look kind of lame actually, but I'd imagine it wouldn't matter, if beyblade does good, and they prohibit Hasbro from touching the product, then there will probably be an influx of decent blades for the next couple years.

I really think in order for beyblade to survive that it's going to need amazing marketing and support.
Yeah, and pretty much a Kickass show to go along with it, I remember when they had Beyblades on the shelves before the show aired down here, they were just sitting there doing nothing but once the show hit BAM, they were constantly selling out.

But th show doesn't even need to be good, the new fad breaking out down here is called " Bakugan " or some carp, the show is terrible but kids are going apeshit over it because it has a solid show slot in the mornings and the guys are advertising the carp out of it whenever they can, and thats what happens most of the time down here, If the show isn't on Free-to-air TV in the mornings then the show just dies out, happened with Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh and many others.
Japan-Toys had blades up for pre-order. The starter sets are $12.55. http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-goods2.cgi?ca=M8 They're on the very bottom. Hopefully no one posted this yet. XD;

What worries me slightly is the thought of the wheels being hollow. Although' it would sound pretty kickass when they slammed into eachother. :]
Sega Wrote:Yeah, and pretty much a Kickass show to go along with it, I remember when they had Beyblades on the shelves before the show aired down here, they were just sitting there doing nothing but once the show hit BAM, they were constantly selling out.

But th show doesn't even need to be good, the new fad breaking out down here is called " Bakugan " or some carp, the show is terrible but kids are going apeshit over it because it has a solid show slot in the mornings and the guys are advertising the carp out of it whenever they can, and thats what happens most of the time down here, If the show isn't on Free-to-air TV in the mornings then the show just dies out, happened with Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh and many others.

I was actually ravenous about the game MONTHS before I even know the show existed. I watched it for the first time after hearing about it on OtC, and was like "what the hell is this nonsense?" Game was always WAY more impressive to me than the show was.
HisInfernalMelo Wrote:Japan-Toys had blades up for pre-order. The starter sets are $12.55. http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-goods2.cgi?ca=M8 They're on the very bottom. Hopefully no one posted this yet. XD;

What worries me slightly is the thought of the wheels being hollow. Although' it would sound pretty kickass when they slammed into eachother. :]

the pre-orders were due april 30th so u cant do it through there
Spinster Wrote:
Sega Wrote:Yeah, and pretty much a Kickass show to go along with it, I remember when they had Beyblades on the shelves before the show aired down here, they were just sitting there doing nothing but once the show hit BAM, they were constantly selling out.

I was actually ravenous about the game MONTHS before I even know the show existed. I watched it for the first time after hearing about it on OtC, and was like "what the hell is this nonsense?" Game was always WAY more impressive to me than the show was.

Of course the game came first, to us; but Beyblade's main audience are children. When I saw kids playing with Beyblades when they were popular, it was because they adored the show, believed in Bit-Beasts and tried to imitate all the cool moves and stunts they saw in the anime. For Beyblade to really be successful in the West, they're going to need another anime, otherwise kids won't be able to find the motivation to play with them. The majority of them don't care about strategy or harmonised combinations - they just want the spinny toy which they can launch at their younger sister whilst shouting 'GO DRANZER!!!'
Beyblade is not listed anywhere on the International Tokyo Toy Show home page. Hopefully only very popular toys are mentioned for now ...
kira729 Wrote:
HisInfernalMelo Wrote:Japan-Toys had blades up for pre-order. The starter sets are $12.55. http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-goods2.cgi?ca=M8 They're on the very bottom. Hopefully no one posted this yet. XD;

the pre-orders were due april 30th so u cant do it through there

Which is why I said had. o_o Either way, I'm sure they'll be getting more in eventually. Japan-Toys used to have alot of awesome Beyblade and B-daman stuff. My old "team" and I ordered a case of RBA5s there. I honestly hope they get all the new Beyblade gear if the prices in Ideal and Toywiz stay this way. o.o You need a minimum order value of $50 in order to buy from them. But I don't mind that. I'm getting everything Pegasus related..XD;; Nice avatar by the way Kira. x3 Forte's awesome.
Spinster Wrote:

Yeah that was the cool thing about it and made me stick to Blading, because you could actually do the stuff on the show, well you couldn't control the blade but the right customisation can lead you to winning matches, I mean you couldn't turn Super Saiyan watching DBZ, You couldn't have your own little monsters watching Pokemon and the card games was no where near as fun as on the show on Yu-Gi-Oh.
Bey Brad Wrote:I meant Rai coming around to complain. Wink

Oh....I thought you might have meant that after I already post it. My bad.
ThePhoenixKing Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:I meant Rai coming around to complain. Wink

Oh....I thought you might have meant that after I already post it. My bad.
Rai wouldn't happen to be me would it? xD
In my oppinion "Chiron" and "Bull" appear to be the most ballanced out of the 5 blades.
From the look of the attack ring on the "Pegasus" this blade is a gas guzzler that'll knock another blade clear out of the ring or even shred it to peices within its first 1-5 hits but will sacrifice most or all of its spin power and ballance in doing so. I can see this blade doing very poorly against the "Leo" and possibly "Chiron" if you give it an attack positioned launch, but doing very well against other attack and endurance types.
Now, if the "Leo" has alot of stamina to go along with its defence and endurance it may shape up to be a pretty descent blade, but defence isn't my style (my style is semi-attack/endurance) so i am unsure of its possible potential.
By the way who plans on using the loops on the attack ring of the "Bull" to wear it as a necklaceB).
Bumpking12 Wrote:By the way who plans on using the loops on the attack ring of the "Bull" to wear it as a necklaceB).

We can all pray no one does.
Is it actually true these new Blades don't have weight disks? Ever considered they might even be uncustomizable and one-piece?
I don't know if I'll get me some of them. I already don't have a single HMS because when I played with Beyblades in the early times, I stopped before they came out. I just started collecting and playing again a few weeks ago.

I won't get metal fight Beyblades just because they're new or easily available. If I don't like them, ain't gonna play with them.
Sasch Wrote:Is it actually true these new Blades don't have weight disks? Ever considered they might even be uncustomizable and one-piece?

We already know they're customizable ... we've been talking about it for ages. If you'd actually read the topic or the article on Beywiki you might know that!

Wheel (formerly Attack Ring)
Track (formerly Spin Gear)
Bottom (formerly Blade Base)

The Bottom is a tip that can be screwed on or off. The Track contains the gimmick. So, you can change the tip-style of a gimmick. Also, Tracks are classified by height class. This is a huge move forward for customization.

I'm not sure what your post is supposed to contribute. You've made up your mind without knowing anything.
Has anyone emailed ToysnJoys asking them about the new blades? o.O Just thought I'd ask before I did. o.o I know they're not the best store but at least they haven't screwed up prices on anything as far as I'm concerned. o.o
HisInfernalMelo Wrote:Has anyone emailed ToysnJoys asking them about the new blades? o.O Just thought I'd ask before I did. o.o I know they're not the best store but at least they haven't screwed up prices on anything as far as I'm concerned. o.o

o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o o.o
I'm not particularily liking the designs of Metal Fight. Infact, I liked those Insect Blades better, which, if anyone has any information on them, feel free to PM me, since Blader Brad doesn't want them talked here.

I understand it's the first generation in the Metal Fight line. But everything looks so horrid, from the shooters and winders, to the tops themselves. Heck, the winders look like winders from those KO Blades that you spun without a shooter and were made entirely of plastic(you'd put the winder in the base, pull the winder out and place the blade in the staduim, much like that EG Pegasus blade IIRC).

Maybe they'll grow on me once I see upclose production images of all of them, instead of those renders.
The winders look exactly like the old winders ...
Except from the images I've seen, they look a lot smaller, and more fragile, because they look so brittle.