[MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA] BEY HURRICANE - SEPTEMBER 25, 2010.

on
Hosted by
  Omega
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

TOURNAMENT IS OVER, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO SEE THE RESULTS

Note: There are no age restrictions.

BEY HURRICANE

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - SEPTEMBER 25, 2010

Date: September 25 2010, 12PM Onwards. (Last tournament lasted about 3 - 4 hours).

I'm sorry for not hosting a tournament in Melbourne for a while, I have been quite busy.

Venue: Lincoln Park (Located in Essendon) The members who are coming to this tournament that came to "BEY BLAZE" this is the same park.
RED - VENUE
BLUE - ESSENDON + GLENBERVIE STATONS
TEAL - LINE DIRECTION FROM STATION TO VENUE
There's a milk bar next to the park, if you would like to bring money.

TRAIN LINE: (If you are out of the main area, you can catch any other line to Flinders Street Station, such as Southern Cross, and then from Flinders take the CRAIGIEBURN Line to either Essendon or Glenbervie.

Expected Turnout: Right now we are expecting about 34 people or more, 28 competing.

Format: Open Format, Round Robin System.

Note: The Libra wheel is banned in this tournament.

If you are coming to this tournament, please PM me or post on this thread. Please let me know if you are bringing any friends along with you. Joyful_3

Attendance List:
(Members started to be confirmed competing on 6th of September)
Omega (Confirmed) - Attended
Tan - Champion of BEY BLAZE (Unavailable)
Pizza (Unavailable)
BeyKid, now known as Quetz. (Confirmed) - Attended
Rock Galzzly (Unavailable)
DranzerKingPat (Confirmed) - Attended
Trypio (Confirmed) - Attended
Chaos Blader (Confirmed) - Attended
Raykon (Unable to attend)
DiverDan (Unsure)
Robsta (Confirmed) - Attended
DanielMan (Unsure)
Cartmansam (Confirmed) - Attended
Pikabattler (Confirmed) - Attended
Leone2010 (Confirmed) -Attended
Blah (Maybe)
Bestblader123 (Confirmed) - Attended
Wraith (Confirmed) - Attended
StormT (Confirmed) - Attended
T.x.T (Confirmed) - Attended
StormDriger (Highly Unlikely)
BeyJadz (Unlikely)
Diamondlil (Confirmed) - Attended
The Burning Libra - Attended
Monkeyman 942 - Attended
Storm Pegusus -Attended
Blader_ldrago (Unsure)

Expected Turnout so far: 28 People. Note: If not all people are confirmed, it doesn't mean that they're not coming Tongue_out

Entrance Fees:
The entrance fee is $5 USD, or $6 AUD unless you have a Blader's Passport.

Purchasing a Blader's Passport at the Tournament:
If you don't have a PayPal, or for any reason you can't buy a Blader's Passport on the WBO website, you can purchase one at the tournament for $10 USD, or $12 AUD.

Prizes:
This time 'round only the first place winner will be awarded a brand new Metal Fight BeyBlade. The first place winner will also receive a Gold Face, second place winner will receive a silver face, and the third place winner will receive a bronze face.

Each Participant will receive a card upon leaving, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners will receive unique cards:

(I survived BEYHURRICANE will be given to each member who did not come 1st - 4th place.)

At the back of the cards will have some text, with your name on it.

Donations.
If you would like to make a donation towards prizes for the winners of the tournament you can do so, I would greatly appreciate that, and I'm sure the others would as well.

ALL MONEY COLLECTED GOES TOWARDS TO THE WBO.

--PRE-ORDER SALES--

If for any reason you can't buy beys of the internet, you can pre-order some from here. When the money is collected for the bey/beys, I will purchase the beys from the internet and ship them to your address. I would just purchase them before hand and give them to you in person, but for scamming reasons I'd rather not.

Prices (All are Japanese TAKARA-TOMY, or SONO KONG Beys):
Starters:
Storm Pegasis Starter - $22.00 AUD
Lightning L-Drago Starter - $22.00 AUD
Earth Aquila Starter - $20.00 AUD
Storm Capricorn Starter - $23.00 AUD
Burn Phoenix Starter - $20.00
Poison Serpent Starter -$21.00 AUD
Galaxy Pegasis Starter - $33.00 AUD
Earth Virgo Starter - $25.00
Boosters:
Flame Sagittario booster - $15.00 AUD
Rock Leone booster - $16.00 AUD
Flame Libra booster - $15.00 AUD
Rock Escolpio booster - $16.00 AUD
Rock Giraffe booster - $26.00 AUD
Dark Bull booster - $15.00 AUD
Any other items can be discussed by PM, or MSN.
~~ Sales are closed. Total Purchases: 5. ~~

RESULTS!
First Place: Omega
Second Place: Chaos Blader
Third Place: Bestblader123

~

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Yeah I guess so. If I do come hopefully the Storm Pegasis I ordered comes next week or so ! Grin
i will proberly be coming and i might bring a couple of freinds sorry cant be sure.but thanks its hard to find tourneys in aus because beys are slowly dieing out.so im most proberly coming.(its my first tourney!)
are plastic blades alowed?
Awesome to hear that, please let me know if I can mark you as confirmed. Added to the list. Joyful_3
well i will come mark me as confirmed.cant wait!!! but tell me wat type of bey to bring plastic metal or hms?
Awesome Joyful_3 Bring as many blades as you like. The tournament will be based on MFB/BMF, but there will be plastics+HMS fun battles.
ohhhhhhhhhh god! i cant wait this is my first tourney ever!!! im so exited!!!! but a question why is the libra wheel banned?
The Libra wheel can be unfair, since a majority of the customizations it can be used with dominate.

EDIT: Note, this is the original Libra Wheel (The big bulky circle) Not any of the new Libra Wheels, such as Flame Libra.
I would be one of BestBlader123's friends. if I get Cancer in time, i'm going. Just put me on the list. I'm new and this is my first tourney too!
Alright, awesome. Added to the list. Joyful_3
Hi Omega, My son who is 9 has just developed an interest in Beyblades and would like to come to the tournament, we are from Canberra but dont mind making the trip there to see and possibly participate. Can you plese put us down as confirmed as we will come for sure.

Thanks Raj
Nice to see this game becoming more popular and that people are willing to do so much to play it. Smile
(Sep. 13, 2010  11:27 AM)StormT Wrote: Hi Omega, My son who is 9 has just developed an interest in Beyblades and would like to come to the tournament, we are from Canberra but dont mind making the trip there to see and possibly participate. Can you plese put us down as confirmed as we will come for sure.

Thanks Raj

Wow, that's fantastic ! Thanks Joyful_3 Glad you can make it.
Danielman probably won't coming and I'll try and make it but might be a bit uh.. tired. Wink
Yeah that's fine, haha.
goodie, more competition! i am going to train like crazy when i get my beyblade. aaahhh good memories. i was the best at my old school, i still remember watching a beyblade tourney on cheese tv. one of the hosts threw out a "giant" beyblade saying it was cheating.
hey! hold on a sec for our wins what do we do for our racking because how do we add our scores up on our racking?
You mean ranking ? I add up the wins and losses of everybody, and send it to a staff member of the WBO and he/she will submit it.
All you have to do as a player is play.
Question:iv got poison sepent bey and sw145 track and it has a attackive bit on it but i can take it off.is it ok if i take it off?
i got it, i have my lightning Ldrago for the tourney. man am i out of date on these things, they look so much different to the old plastic ones so i don't even reconise it. it's so darn small with a such big launcher. at least im already used to the launcher so i have a chance in the tourney. anyone else entering?
(Sep. 16, 2010  7:55 AM)bestblader123 Wrote: Question:iv got poison sepent bey and sw145 track and it has a attackive bit on it but i can take it off.is it ok if i take it off?

I don't exactly know what you mean ... Maybe post a picture or something, or describe the problem properly.
my idea from the discription of the post, there is a piece stuck or not needed on his beyblade and he wants to take it off so he is asking if he can and still be in the tourney.
pikabattler is right thers a piece on my bey that i dont want so i want yo take it off.if if do can i still be in the tourny?
I honestly don't understand, is it a homemade part which you have added ? Or a part that you just don't like about the certain part of the bey and you would like to get rid of it ? If it's a homemade part, then it is not allowed, if it an official "part of a part" you wish to remove, you cannot use that in the tournament either.
He is referring to the Switch part of SW145, which can be removed and reversed to switch modes.

It would be illegal to use SW145 without the switch part, imho.