[Lottery] Stand a chance at winning Dead Hades for 1$

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I was active on the beyblade forum and due to my Dead Hades (now only 1) not selling, I decided to try out a different method instead. I am considering hosting a lottery for Dead Hades. The price to buy a ticket is 1$ (through Paypal). I'd have a tickets which would be sold in order for the lottery to be drawn, but once there are that many people I would use a random number generator to draw out the winner of the Dead Hades. Once this winner has been decided, he or she will be contacted via the beyblade forum or some other means and I will arrange for the shipping (FREE SHIPPING). I will use google forms to see who bought how many tickets and such, and there would be the following conditions:

1) Once you buy a ticket, there is no refund for any reason except if there is NO Dead Hades given out to ANYBODY
2) If enough tickets are not sold, then it is fully up to my (beanmrbean's) discretion to cancel the giveaway. In this case, all entrants will be refunded their money and a live video showing the deletion of any data will be shown via a Youtube live stream 
3) Entrants to the lottery may buy however many tickets they so chose
4) Once the pre-determined number of tickets are sold, the lottery will close and tickets will not be sold anymore
5) Paying 1$ is NOT a guarantee of a Dead Hades.

To Clarify, this is a lottery for the full random booster volume 12 prize, Dead Hades 11.11T.Z'. The maximum number of tickets will be clearly written when I come up with such a value of tickets. Any and all feedback to the idea is welcome and more than appreciated!

Can someone please help me determine if my project is viable? The winner is would be pulled via youtube livestream
You need to edit your subject on this because right now it looks like you're selling a Dead Haders layer directly for $1 and that's a lie. Don't try to lure people into a lottery/raffle that way. Clearly mark it as a lottery/raffle in the subject line. Doesn't technically count as a bait-and-switch but it comes close.

What you're doing is asking if you're allowed to host a lottery for a Dead Hades layer. It's in the wrong subforum for one thing, this should be under Beymarketplace because money is potentially being exchanged for beyblades. And I do know this thread currently violates the Beymarket rule of "All sellers must post photos of their items with a visible copy of their username written/printed on a piece of paper to verify that they possess the item they are selling. Threads which do not have this will be closed." We can't even tell from this thread which random booster version of Dead Hades it is, or if it comes with its proper disc/frame/tips.

I don't know if you're allowed to run a lottery or not. It doesn't say lotteries are specifically prohibited. But so far this thread has enough red flags that I would not enter; you've lured people to the thread under false pretenses, you've set a hidden minimum of tickets, you've set a hidden maximum of tickets, and you're planning on using homegrown infrastructure rather than properly controlled and tested lottery software. You should probably get the infrastructure in place and get authorization from moderation before attempting this.
This is literally gambling on a forum full of impressionable youngsters, which I wouldn't condone. A raffle giveaway is one thing but a for-profit lotto is a completely different story.
I looked through the seller's old threads, it's kind of an unfortunate situation. The bought a new B-125 Dead Hades way back when for $70, which was a mistake, and they've been trying to recoup their losses since.

And now here's where we have to tell them the really bad news:
Dead Hades was rereleased in B-140, and is sold on Ebay by reputable sellers for as low as $19-$30. Surprisingly, with better parts. B-123 was dH.11T.Z', but B-140 is dH.8'E.X'.

That Dead Hades you bought for $70 wasn't worth $70 then and is worth way less than $70 now. True, the purple version might look nicer than the green version, but the markets are really against you on this one.
(Jun. 03, 2019  1:23 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You need to edit your subject on this because right now it looks like you're selling a Dead Haders layer directly for $1 and that's a lie. Don't try to lure people into a lottery/raffle that way. Clearly mark it as a lottery/raffle in the subject line. Doesn't technically count as a bait-and-switch but it comes close.

What you're doing is asking if you're allowed to host a lottery for a Dead Hades layer. It's in the wrong subforum for one thing, this should be under Beymarketplace because money is potentially being exchanged for beyblades. And I do know this thread currently violates the Beymarket rule of "All sellers must post photos of their items with a visible copy of their username written/printed on a piece of paper to verify that they possess the item they are selling. Threads which do not have this will be closed." We can't even tell from this thread which random booster version of Dead Hades it is, or if it comes with its proper disc/frame/tips.

I don't know if you're allowed to run a lottery or not. It doesn't say lotteries are specifically prohibited. But so far this thread has enough red flags that I would not enter; you've lured people to the thread under false pretenses, you've set a hidden minimum of tickets, you've set a hidden maximum of tickets, and you're planning on using homegrown infrastructure rather than properly controlled and tested lottery software. You should probably get the infrastructure in place and get authorization from moderation before attempting this.

Sorry! I'm not good in communications. It's the random booster volume Dead Hades with all its original parts by TT. I have a photo of it on my original thread as you said, so if I have to I'm happy to repost it. I've not yet decided the minimum number of tickets so I can't say. Once I do decide, I will state it as such: "The maximum number of ticks sold is to be 100" or in some such way so that it is clear. Although, I have no idea about the infrastructure, so if I might kindly please ask for your help in helping me set up it would be great!
(Jun. 03, 2019  1:24 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: This is literally gambling on a forum full of impressionable youngsters, which I wouldn't condone. A raffle giveaway is one thing but a for-profit lotto is a completely different story.

Not to be rude, but aren't buying random booster volumes the same thing? I mean if you buy random boosters (just random boosters as the younger beyblade fans might for lack of knowledge on eBay [5-10 years or so]) isn't that the same thing? You pay money for something you want, you have a chance but not a gaurantee at getting it and it profits TT? Sorry if I was rude to you!
(Jun. 03, 2019  1:32 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I looked through the seller's old threads, it's kind of an unfortunate situation. The bought a new B-125 Dead Hades way back when for $70, which was a mistake, and they've been trying to recoup their losses since.

And now here's where we have to tell them the really bad news:
Dead Hades was rereleased in B-140, and is sold on Ebay by reputable sellers for as low as $19-$30. Surprisingly, with better parts. B-123 was dH.11T.Z', but B-140 is dH.8'E.X'.

That Dead Hades you bought for $70 wasn't worth $70 then and is worth way less than $70 now. True, the purple version might look nicer than the green version, but the markets are really against you on this one.

Thank you for saying that! I realize I was not treated fairly earlier and to be honest I don't think I could in good conscience sell it for 70$ now because as you said it is way to much. Consequently, I am considering this pay-per-ticket lottery system because it gives the people who won't/don't/can't spend the money on Dead Hades to get this, while helping me get rid of my Dead Hades at a price I can deal with. Really, all that must be invested is 1$, which I don't feel is that much.

Also, I would like to thank you both for taking the time to share your opinion. At first it was a bit scary, but if possible I would like to work with you and the moderators to find myself a way to set up my lottery system in a way such that there's enough tickets so that it isn't going to be one person just having 30 or 40% of the tickets (and hence chances). Thank you very, very much for your reply and opinions, I shall try my best to work as much as possible within beyblade forum parameters. Thanks!

Edit: I have updated the original post with those things. Thanks again!
Where can one buy a ticket? I don't see a link or anything.
(Jun. 03, 2019  3:08 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote: Where can one buy a ticket? I don't see a link or anything.

Thank you very, very much for your interest! I am currently trying to figure out the proper way and systems to use for my lottery and that's why it's not there for now. As soon as I do figure it out, I shall be posting here. Apologies for any inconvenience!
(Jun. 03, 2019  3:55 PM)BeanMrBean Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2019  3:08 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote: Where can one buy a ticket? I don't see a link or anything.

Thank you very, very much for your interest! I am currently trying to figure out the proper way and systems to use for my lottery and that's why it's not there for now. As soon as I do figure it out, I shall be posting here. Apologies for any inconvenience!

That's okay! I look forward to it, also, is this $1 USD or CAD? Just because I live in Canada
Ah I see, it's a pretty smart tactic Haha. Likely to recoup your losses this way if you get enough people. But the unfortunate news is that it's not a chase beyblade for collectors from what I know and not considered competitive so I doubt many would participate.
Are you kidding, Dead Hades on a dash driver can create pretty scary attack combos, watch the Beybladegeeks Dead Hades vs Dead Phoenix if you still don't think it's competitive.
Lottery threads are not allowed. CLOSED.