[London, UK, 6/8/2010] Rule Beytania - St. James’s Park

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: rulebeytaniaposter.png]

No more than a few feet away from Buckingham Palace itself is St. James’s Park, a location we held the "Never Mind the Beyblade" event at no so long ago.
And on the 6th of August we'll be there again!

A brilliant park, and a brilliant venue, this years summer tournament will be held at this great location.
The point we’ve chosen has good food and toilet facilities, being no more than a few feet from public amenities and a cafe.

The meeting point will be just up and to the left of point 4 on the St. James’s park map:
http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st_james_park/

You’ll also be able to see on the map by clicking on “Transport & info”, the nearest tube stations.

If you need further details on the location, try google maps: click here, and use the 'directions' option.

We'll be meeting at point 4 (The blue bridge) at 12:00pm, and will move to an area of nearby grass at 1:00 to start the tournament. The tournament will most probably go on until around 3:30, yet it could go on for less, or possibly longer.

We'd recommend travelling to the event from Green Park station (one stop on from Oxford Circus), as it's closest to the event.
• The tournament style will be block round robin, since this worked well at the last event.
• The main tournament will be MFB only, but free battles will allow plastic and HMS as usual.

Items we'd recommend for you to bring would include a hooded coat or jacket in case of rain, possibly an umbrella, but here's hoping the summer will hold out for a while longer!

If it's sunny, make sure to bring sun cream, sunglasses, and possibly a baseball cap or trucker and some water (as we'll be spending a good couple of hours there).

We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other peoples.

This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been lent out to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all (as those who visited expo will know).

Obviously this has made people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

The entry fee will be the same as usual, free with a blader passport (£6 to buy), or £3 otherwise, and as usual there is no age restriction.

We hope you'll be interested in this tournament, and enjoy it as you have done with previous tournaments.

Thanks,
theflightyellz

Banned parts:
Standard WBO rules apply, no worn parts, no Libra wheel, your parts will be checked if they're behaving in an unconventional way.

Selling Thread:
(All sellers and buyers for the event click and use here)

Attending:
Theflightyellz
Rocky
♥
Akatsuki
Ansah
Blitz
jjsonickid
director
NOVA
cutewolfsam
fEEnIx-kId
Zero
xXUnicornoXx
Phantom_Blader
smg4life01
Pegakid
Sora
rentao
brazman
KidTala
Beyunit-DL
Towel-Terror
LeeDraciel
DarkDanzer
imz1991khan

Bringing Stadiums:
Rocky, Blitz, ♥, jjsonickid - Attack
Akatsuki, xXUnicornoXx - Balance

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Will you be attending Rule Beytania?

Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Total: 100% 48 vote(s)
cool i was going to try and make them just biscuit covered in chocolate but ill ask on the day if i make them about allergies, dont worry i dont want to kill anyone
The main problem is that a lot of chocolate contains nut extracts, biscuits obviously contain wheat and flour, all of which are things that people can suffer allergic reactions too.
The last thing I want to be doing at a tournament is randomly stabbing at someone with an EpiPen, because they will end up getting it in the gizzard (regardless of where it's meant to go).
I wont do it then just to be safe sorry guys but i agree with flight's point i have problems too and i dont want to cause any more, i just wanted to do something to help oh well ill just settle with ordinarly kicking your butts instead
As I think I already told theflightyellz though, responsible allergic kids should know not to risk anything anyway. Even if you told me that the cookie is free of my allergens, if you manipulated it with your hand, then I should not accept it unless I saw you wash your hands before, and even then I am unsure of how the preparation went.
My main problem is for kids who don't actually know they have an allergy.
A large number of kids may not be aware of the fact that they have an allergy to bee stings, it isn't until it's actually happened that you'd know.

Just bring them anyway, but be cautious offering them out.
No im alright im not doing it i better not now im sorry i brought up the idea
LOVE TO COME
put me on the list
I'll try to actually come this time, and if I shall be lucky, may buy some new blades either there, online or (seeing as they'll be released here by then) at a store while I'm at it.
Just warning im comig with a firend because mum cant afford ticket so its first time on a train and in london, he doesn't have to be inn the tournament if he cant im just saying i wont be alone because mum doest want me to be lone
can't come guys i'm going itally for the summer damn i would have pwned you with my new combo (no sneak peaks) anyway i'm defineyly coming to the next onethen you will see my combo
i missed another chance to meat you flight yells anyways you'd better hope tha i don't whhoop your back side at the next one
Shame, hope you enjoy your trip to Italy Smile
As for you "whhooping my back side", think you have more chance of growing a tail XD
But we'll see, weirder things have happened at tournaments before.
(Jul. 08, 2010  9:15 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: who's gonna make a buying and selling thread

i'd also like to know if anyone is selling
we shall see flight yellz Wink
survival of the fittest Smile
Updated the first post with a sales thread
Ellz and admins i'm sorry for my language that i'm going to use but carp yes i'm going Grin !!! Sorry i'm just really happy, please give me a warning or something Smile .
Ellz could you please put my name up on attending please, thankyou.
bladers of britain make me proud i shall be training in italy by the way whens the expo?
The expo is at the last few days of August but there may not be a tournament at that time, so please don't get your hopes up.
I forgot to ask sorry for making so many posts but can i brig my camcorder, its mainly cuz i want to film my first time london for my yt channel
Yeah, of course. Loads of us normally film most of the event as well.
Cool i really cant wait thinkng about bringing a blaket to ly on when because i dont think i can sit normally on the floor anymore
will we be playing on the grass or on that round concrete thing like last time
Dude i hope it's on grass since the concrete carped up my WB and RF last time Uncertain .
i can make dis one, put me down as comin.
Added this tournaments graphic to the front post.
Would anyone be interested in buying posters for this event?

They'd be A3 sized at £2, featuring the page one graphic on a large scale with beige backing to give them an old school kind of look.
A profit will go to the WBO from them, and they'd be a limited run (the back of each one being numbered by myself), so it'd be an original piece of WBO art basically.

Preview:
[Image: picture2rmm.png]

PM me if interested.
I'll take a poster, still have the one from Spinoff Tongue_out