[London, UK 5/3/2016] HB's Birthday Burst

on
Hosted by
  -HB-
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

HB's Birthday Burst

London, UK - 5th of March 2015

Time:

The expected start time is 12pm. Please aim to arrive at 11:30am so we can get everyone signed up. Anyone who arrives after 12:15pm will NOT be able to participate!

Regent's Park Band Stand

Directions:

Here is a map of Regent's Park. Head to the area marked Bandstand. We suggest taking the London Underground or Bus to Baker Street.

Tournament Format:

Burst format - Block Round Robin

Rules Can be found here!

Price:

All participants must pay a £3 fee for one tournament. Cash Only please!
If you have a valid Blader Passport, entry is free!
Blader Passports can be purchased on the day for £10 and last a whole year!

Prizes:

Credits and Faces will be awarded!

Hosts and Judges:

This tournament is being hosted by -HB-

I have chosen Manicben to Judge when needed.

Important Advice:

Remember to turn up on time. If you arrive later than 12:15pm, your place will be forfeit and you will not be able to participate.

Please keep in mind we are in a public park. Any bad behavior will not be tolerated! Please keep all belongings with you at all times as the Host is not responsible for your belongings!

One last thing is to have fun! Enjoy the Hobby we all know and love!

Confirmed Attendees:

-HB-
AtomicCasanova
_Avenger_
Manicben
Chimera
Clara M
Ultra
Syphon
Balance Blader

Unconfirmed Attendees:

SephtFireblaze

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Alright cool, hopefully there is indeed an error and some matches between the top contenders and the third-place contender missing.
(Apr. 04, 2016  9:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Alright cool, hopefully there is indeed an error and some matches between the top contenders and the third-place contender missing.

Would it help if posted all the blocks? It looks like it's just my weird formatting...
Kai-V, quickly regarding the finals, it was @[Kei] who told us to do the finals like that. Before we always used to take the top 3/4 people (depending on blocks) and have a final round Robin.
Kei then told me that we shouldn't do that and that we should award 1st to the top player automatically and assign the other places in the same way, only holding tiebreakers when needed.
We have been holding "finals" in the way Kei told us for the past few tournaments now. If we should have been holding finals like you say, Kai-V, then we will do that from now on, but I ask you to confirm this with Kei.

I'll go over -HB-'s spreadsheet and help out finding the missing matches.

Edit:
Kei's message from a while back
Wah, I know we discussed it, but that was definitely not final. Since he told you guys to do it like that, obviously it will be fine for processing as-is, however the Event Guide totally does not say that and I was actually arguing with him about statistics and how the difference between records is not that huge because you are always talking about just a few matches that could have been luck-imposed.

Perhaps I should have been the one to process Toronto tournaments, to see this happening way before, then... At all the events I have attended, the finals have always been 'by the law'.
(Apr. 04, 2016  11:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wah, I know we discussed it, but that was definitely not final. Since he told you guys to do it like that, obviously it will be fine for processing as-is, however the Event Guide totally does not say that and I was actually arguing with him about statistics and how the difference between records is not that huge because you are always talking about just a few matches that could have been luck-imposed.

By all means you are right. We should have really been abiding by the Event Guide, but I didn't realise that the committee were all on the same page.
Since Event Guide is a solid written source, we will go by that for all future events. Sorry about that.
We really should standardise this kind of thing for all regions, since this means everyone has been doing things differently, which may be an issue and lead to inconsistent rankings between regions.
OK so the Faces and Credits are distributed, except the Shard of Amaterios again. Unless I am mistaken, there is a draw between Xcalibur Lad and Balance Blader in terms of most consecutive wins. Therefore, next time you have the three-way tie to conduct with the same circumstances as in January (Odin legal, no parts released after January 23rd) and also this new draw, just without any Dual Layer-related parts. @[Manicben] @[-HB-]
@[Manicben] and @[-HB-], it looks like I forgot to recheck the results before distributing the Credits and Faces, but the match between Manicben and Syphon/Xcalibur Lad is missing. Can you update the spreadsheet as soon as possible and let me know?