[London, UK 4/6/2016] Beyblade Prime 2016

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Beyblade Prime 2016

London, UK - 4th June 2016

BeyDays has made its way over to London! From the festivities that started with Beyblade North 2016 in Toronto, it is now our turn to celebrate!

Now in case you were wondering what on Earth the title is on about, let me fill you in. Beyblade North 2016 has a compass and a cardinal direction as its theme. We decided to go down a similar route, meridians or lines of longitude. London happens to sit on top of the most important meridian of them all, the Prime Meridian! (Hence Beyblade Prime 2016 Grin ) Now that the geography lesson is over, let's move along shall we?

Beyblade Prime 2016
Finally...

LONDON
BEYDAYS
There will be prizes this time...

Time:
The tournament itself will start at 12:00pm, so as a guide, aim to arrive for 11:30am. The Tube and public transport services are not very reliable, so plan your journey well in advance.

Regent's Park. We shall be at the Bandstand as always, but in case of congestion, we may relocate to the smaller shelter on the way to the Ready Money Drinking Fountain. Please check this thread on the day for updates or like us on Facebook for any quick location updates.

Directions:
Here is a map of Regent's Park. Click on the tab labelled "Monuments, Fountains and Statues". Head to the area marked Bandstand or in some cases, head to the Ready Money Drinking Fountain. We suggest taking the London Underground or Bus to Baker Street.

Tournament Format:
Burst Format. We will be doing Round Robin, seeing as we have a small participant pool. But hey, more battles, more fun! Block Round Robin if we get over 12 participants, so be ready for either!

Price:
Now, all participants must pay a £3 fee for the tournament. We accept cash only!
If you have a valid Blader Passport, entry is free! Blader Passports can be purchased on the day for £10 and last a whole year! Absolute bargain!

Prizes:
Sorry, no physical prizes this time, but credits and Faces will be awarded!
Oh yeah that's right! We got prizes this time! Although not the kind you may be expecting... All will be revealed on the day.

Faces and credits will be awarded and everyone will be entered into the Beylotto!

Plus, everyone who attends will receive the Face of Days VII!

Hosts and Judges:
This tournament is being hosted by Manicben, WBO mentor and tournament host. I have chosen Ultra and ClaraM (depending on numbers) to be judges this time round, due to their support and experience. If you have any queries, either here or on the day, feel free to PM Manicben or talk to one of us on the day, we would be happy to help!

Important Advice:
Despite being around friends and rivals, please remember we are in a public park. Bad behaviour and swearing will not be tolerated and will result in a ban from future events. Please keep your personal belongings with you or in a safe place while at the bandstand. If you see any personal items left around with no apparent owner, please hand it in to a judge, so we can return it to its rightful owner. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Remember to turn up on time. If you arrive later than 12:10pm, your place will be forfeit and you will not be able to participate.

Message from the Hosts:
Stay tuned on the Revival Thread or the new WBO UK Facebook Page for more info and tournament dates!

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

[Image: facebookic.png] WBO UK Division

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #BEYDAYS #WBO

Confirmed Attendees:

Manicben
Ultra
Syphon
Chimera
ClaraM
ThePokeBlader
Savage_shiro
TalhaSarwar
Serotonin
~Mana~

Unconfirmed Attendees:

Splitz
_Avenger_
Balance Blader

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

i hope you guys have a great time today! its a shame I cannot make it but I must revise for English; but I will definitely be up for the next tourney as my exams should be over in the next 2 weeks
Just got back. Had lots of fun as usually. Placings were:

1st: Balance Blader
2nd: Me
3rd: Serotonin

I had an awesome win streak which was only broken in the battle for gold. Neptune was used several times but despite it's use in the US and Canada we can't seem to get it to work.
We also had the new Deck Rotation Format today!
Since it was a trial, we did a round robin, but then a couple of people had to leave.
I'll give a full report on the format thread later. We had fun, but we had some issues regarding rules, but otherwise no problem.
@[~Mana~] Chose some regrettable combos and didn't do so well (the Ragnaruk dream...), but in the main tournament, all newcomers/returnees did quite well!

Damn Samuel, I'd say we all had a good time! Grin
Dayuuuum Samuel
That "Damn Samuel!" thing better stick! Shows I've left my mark on the London community, haha Tongue_out

I must admit, I was horribly nervous last night thinking about today. I wasn't sure what to expect, whether I'd fit in or whether I'd be that odd one out. I was also slightly nervous about the journey as well for some reason. I arrived in London around 11:30am (after catching the train at 8:45am) and headed to the bandstand. Wasn't particularly sure where everyone was when I first got there, but I eventually spotted some stadiums on people's backs and walked over, still rather unsure of what to expect.

We had some brief introductions, I felt a little distant from everyone, but that quickly changed. Everyone was so friendly, it was unbelievable. I got more and more stuck in and felt more and more at home with everyone, and it was so nice!

My battles were rather mixed. I finished 4-4 in the end, which I think is pretty impressive given my extremely limited parts, competitive knowledge, and the fact that @[ClaraM] was encouraging me to use troll combos in my battles Tongue_out

My battles and combos basically went like this:
V2KA and R2_U were probably the highlights from my lineup here. I had some nice Bursts with V2KA, and R2_U even scored a Burst or two as well! Colossally RAGNAREKT Wink

We also played the Deck Rotation Format (DRF?), albeit we played it completely wrong. Rather than choosing a new deck for each opponent, we used one deck for the whole tournament. As a result of my horrible choices, I finished 0-6. Totally glad we played it wrong honestly, because that was minimal fun for me given that anything that featured Wyvern basically stopped me from making any plays at all, haha. (RIP the Ragnarekt dream...)

@[Balance Blader] spoke with me regarding perhaps running some tournaments on the western side of the country as well. We'd need to check on the interest in that kind of thing, though I'm totally down for it. The more the merrier in the end! Also had a few pointers from @[Chimera] and @[Manicben] regarding reducing my travel fee (£75 T.T) if I attend any future tournaments, which I think I certainly will be! Grin

Honestly, today was probably some of the most fun I've had in a while. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and I felt like I fit in perfectly with everyone. The London community really is like one big family! Honestly, if anyone is considering a attending a London tournament; totally do it. You really won't regret it at all! Manicben is a forgetful amazing host, and everyone else was totally awesome and friendly as well!

Thanks for the awesome day guys! I'll totally be visiting again! Grin
Super glad that we made your stay in London a pleasant one and I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we wholeheartedly await your return, Damn Samuel, at it again makin' marks on the community!

In other news, I have uploaded the first of the 'London Prime' montages, you will find it in the Beyblade Videos thread!
Daaaayum Samuel, back at it again with the awesome speeches. Great to know you had a good time, I can speak for all of us when I say we enjoyed having you there. You were the king of ragnareking that day and it shan't be forgotten XD

Looking forward to seeing you again whenever you can make it. I know it's a long trip but damn was it worth it. What a great day. Awesome tourney everyone, see you next time whenever that can be lol

Note: my troll combos were designed to destroy and destroy they did Tongue_out
Quote:We also played the Deck Rotation Format (DRF?), albeit we played it completely wrong. Rather than choosing a new deck for each opponent, we used one deck for the whole tournament. As a result of my horrible choices, I finished 0-6. Totally glad we played it wrong honestly, because that was minimal fun for me given that anything that featured Wyvern basically stopped me from making any plays at all, haha. (RIP the Ragnarekt dream...)

Would really love to know why anyone thought this is the case :') The rules I wrote say you have to come to the battle with a completed deck; nothing in the rules or conversation implies that you can't switch up your deck between battles!
So sorry I could not come but I'll try to get to the next tournament can we have a mini tournament in Birmingham because I didn't have transport from Birmingham to London Crying
(Jun. 05, 2016  11:11 AM)TalhaSarwar Wrote: So sorry I could not come but I'll try to get to the next tournament can we have a mini tournament in Birmingham because I didn't have transport from Birmingham to London Crying

How did you commit to going to a tournament and then only realize on the day that you didn't have any way to get to London? Did you not do any planning? Also considering the travel costs from around London to Birmingham it's not feasible for people to travel to you.
(Jun. 05, 2016  4:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:We also played the Deck Rotation Format (DRF?), albeit we played it completely wrong. Rather than choosing a new deck for each opponent, we used one deck for the whole tournament. As a result of my horrible choices, I finished 0-6. Totally glad we played it wrong honestly, because that was minimal fun for me given that anything that featured Wyvern basically stopped me from making any plays at all, haha. (RIP the Ragnarekt dream...)

Would really love to know why anyone thought this is the case :') The rules I wrote say you have to come to the battle with a completed deck; nothing in the rules or conversation implies that you can't switch up your deck between battles!

I'll make a full report on the thread with the questions and issues we need addressing. It's true that the rules didn't say we had to keep the same deck, but I think we really need strict DOs and DON'Ts. Things become ambiguous if they are not clearly stated.

Honestly, we quickly realised that we should be changing decks (as @[~Mana~] realised all too soon), but we decided to stick with what we started with and not change things up. I believe it will take a couple of events until we get it right I think. Rules may change and such.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great time, especially ~Mana~, @[philo1114] and @[Serotonin]. It was great meeting you all and I look forward to seeing you guys in September.

That's right, I'm away until September (going to Beijing on research exchange), but things will kick off then.

Many thanks to the attendees, @[ClaraM] for co-hosting (and concentrating when I wasn't, ahem instagram, chatting, etc) and to @[Bey Brad] and the rest of the team for the great prizes! (ahem, we want more in future plz Grin)
Quote:It's true that the rules didn't say we had to keep the same deck, but I think we really need strict DOs and DON'Ts. Things become ambiguous if they are not clearly stated.

This doesn't seem fair to me. The fact is that there is no mention of your deck being locked throughout an event in the thread I posted or in the several pages of discussion that followed. The regular rules don't say that you can only use one Beyblade throughout an event; if you weren't allowed to, the rules would clearly state so. The same applies here. (Also, such a rule would be terrible for the game — as you discovered — and unenforceable by judges).
(Jun. 05, 2016  11:34 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  11:11 AM)TalhaSarwar Wrote: So sorry I could not come but I'll try to get to the next tournament can we have a mini tournament in Birmingham because I didn't have transport from Birmingham to London Crying

How did you commit to going to a tournament and then only realize on the day that you didn't have any way to get to London? Did you not do any planning? Also considering the travel costs from around London to Birmingham it's not feasible for people to travel to you.

You're right sorry I was so exited but then I realised my dads car was not avilible due to work
(Jun. 05, 2016  1:40 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  4:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I'll make a full report on the thread with the questions and issues we need addressing. It's true that the rules didn't say we had to keep the same deck, but I think we really need strict DOs and DON'Ts. Things become ambiguous if they are not clearly stated.

Honestly, we quickly realised that we should be changing decks (as @[~Mana~] realised all too soon), but we decided to stick with what we started with and not change things up. I believe it will take a couple of events until we get it right I think. Rules may change and such.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great time, especially ~Mana~, @[philo1114] and @[Serotonin]. It was great meeting you all and I look forward to seeing you guys in September.

That's right, I'm away until September (going to Beijing on research exchange), but things will kick off then.

Many thanks to the attendees, @[ClaraM] for co-hosting (and concentrating when I wasn't, ahem instagram, chatting, etc) and to @[Bey Brad] and the rest of the team for the great prizes! (ahem, we want more in future plz Grin)

Had great fun and met great friends there, thanks so much
I hope there will be tourney's in July and August because I am done with high school and have time on my hands!!!

Anyone able to host since Ben wont be with us till September?^-^

Wait, is this the sort of stuff that I should be discussing in the London Revival Thread rather than this one?
(Jun. 05, 2016  9:50 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: I hope there will be tourney's in July and August because I am done with high school and have time on my hands!!!

Anyone able to host since Ben wont be with us till September?^-^

Wait, is this the sort of stuff that I should be discussing in the London Revival Thread rather than this one?

Yes this should go in the revival thread, but it's fine. Make sure you ask there too though!
Ok, the time we've all been waiting for is here! The results are below (took a while considering I had no internet for a while and the internet here in Beijing is appalling).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I guess we an expect the BeyDays giveaway announcements shortly after this is processed. Sorry for taking so long everyone!

@[Kai-V] @[Kei] @[Bey Brad]

EDIT: The £13/$17.21 fees collected has been sent over. Just as a reminder, @[~Mana~] bought a blader passport.
This event was processed yesterday, but I just reprocessed it since @[~Mana~] spotted a match I missed from the results the first time around. Everything should be good now.