[London, UK] 29/5/10 - Beyparty - London MCM Expo

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: beyparty.png]

Right, it's that time of year again guys.
The London expo is the biggest anime and gaming event in the UK, and it will be coinciding with the WBO's beyweekend.

The tournament will take place inside the expo center, and will start and finish within the allocated time slot we will be given.
The slot we have been given will be 2pm - 4pm, myself, Rocky, Blitz and ♥ will be there a few minutes earlier to set up.
We seriously advise that you all make it to the table for 1:45 at the latest since we're going to need time to put you all in to your brackets for the tournament, and prizes will be announced at this time.

If anyone is buying anything from anyone, then make sure to be there earlier,
Sellers should be at the table at 1:35, we advise you all make it there for that time as well since you'll obviously all want any blades you're getting to use in the tournament.

• The tournament style will be Block Round Robin
• The main tournament will be MFB only, but free battles will allow plastic and HMS as usual.

There will be tournament prizes, and hopefully some fun extras as well.

Items we'd recommend for you to bring would be food and drink, in particular bottle water as it can get quite hot inside the main expo hall.

We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other peoples.

This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been lent out to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all (as those who visited the previous expo will know).

Obviously this has made people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

The entry fee will be free, although we will be selling blader passports for £6 at the event, that will allow you to take place in future tournaments.

We hope you'll be interested in this tournament, and enjoy it as you have done with previous tournaments.

Thanks,
theflightyellz

Expo Center Map:
Click to view

Travel:
http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visitors/travel

BeySales:
If you're looking to sell or buy any beyblades at the event, please post here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyparty...#pid261769

Attending:
Theflightyellz
Rocky
♥
jjsonickid
Zander Soulwind
Zero
Ash
LeeDraciel
Suke
black Pegasus
Blade master
fEEnIx-kId
BlacK PhoeniX
bbgoldflame
Dranzerblaze828
Beyunit-DL
brazman
Espio
Blitz
spunj boi
Phantom_Blader
AceBlader
Starwulfen

Bringing stadiums:
♥ x2
Blitz

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Will you be coming to Beyparty?

Yes, definitely
46.84%
No, can't make it
30.38%
Maybe, I'll have to see
22.78%
Total: 100% 79 vote(s)
Well the Sunday is just a definite no as far as WBO events are concerned, we've booked one day, and that's all that we'll be allowed.
Really hope you can make it on the Saturday.
Ellz can you put me down as cutewolfsam (75%) because i maybe staying round a friends since SOMEONES little brother hasn't replied yet.
I think you should probably take the hint that my parents are going to be reasonably busy and don't reallly want the responsibility of another person at this point. My dad doesn't want to take people, I'm fairly sure my brother isn't even going. You know we love having you around, I just don't think it's feasible this time.
I know lol i wasn't on about you XD it was someone else.
I'm just saying I would really hate to get knocked out in my first 2 rounds!If I do I might just stay and watch for a bit then go around the expo.
i think i have a pretty good chance because at the nevermind tournament i had three beys and still won most of my matches
(May. 14, 2010  4:09 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote:
(May. 12, 2010  5:37 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote:
(May. 11, 2010  9:01 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: im so gonna win this tournament hahaha!!!
Sorry to say this but Lee is coming and he has won 3 times in a row!

Flattered lol but this could go eiver way, im really looking forward to this
Espio is amazing and has beat me every time we have faced off,
Ellz is sick, me vs Ellz is always a joy and a close one,
Rocky is an awsome blader even though she dosn't admit it much,
it is unclear how <3 has never placed, he is really good
Linh has serious potential, just experiments to much mid tourney lol
Im scared of Blitz as he has a very large score to settle with me,
Black Phoenix is a great competetor and has some really good parts and combos,
not to mention all of the new faces, many good bladers that don't place, people like nova placing 4th in his first event and pure luck out there this is going to be one intense tournament Smile Good luck everyone

Don't forget me, I haven't had the chance to shine yet and now that Libra is banned I might do better since last time I was taken out twice because of that thing. Tired
I didn't say I wasn't coming. I said that I'm not sure if I can since it depends on whether my dad lets me. What's Happened with the venue.
Nothing has happened with the venue. It's at Expo for Saturday only.

(May. 15, 2010  4:50 PM)megablader2 Wrote: I didn't say I wasn't coming. I said that I'm not sure if I can since it depends on whether my dad lets me. What's Happened with the venue.
(May. 15, 2010  4:50 PM)megablader2 Wrote: I didn't say I wasn't coming. I said that I'm not sure if I can since it depends on whether my dad lets me. What's Happened with the venue.

Well since we're only dealing with definite numbers then to us you currently aren't attending.
What's stopping you from getting a yes or no, must be a reason?
hi, ma little bro is comin aswell.
put him down as
spunj boi
Let me just say it quicly you need to buy a ticket to the Expo and it should be around 1-ish. That's what I needed to know as I kneed to purchase a ticket and a train ticket. The Expo ticket is 5 pounds( Im 12-13 sort of)?
Ticket's for 11 - 14 year olds are £5, yes. Tourney should be from 2 - 4 to give those who aren't buying fast-track tickets a chance to get there too, however, if you are buying a standard ticket it's still advisable to turn up at noon at the latest as, the longer you leave it, the bigger the queues get.

And lol, sorry Sam, just assumed, based on the caps. You're staying with another WBO member? Hope you can make it in any case.
Sorry but unfortunately I can't come as traveling from Bournmouth to there costs around 100pounds all together and my dad already spend 104 pounds on a ticket to Poland and he won't pay that much for me. Really wished to come tho...
Ah well, that's fair enough, that's quite a bit of money. Hopefully you can make it to one some day.
Bit of an update, but I think I may be able to go now if I can ask my parents to stay at a friends house, but only if he's free to go that weekend, and if someone's taking him.
Ordered my Early Entry Ticket last night, should be a sweet day in all. Can't wait!

Good luck everyone else in making this, will be great!
(May. 17, 2010  6:53 PM)RevertedToZero Wrote: Bit of an update, but I think I may be able to go now if I can ask my parents to stay at a friends house, but only if he's free to go that weekend, and if someone's taking him.
That's 3 'ifs', so I'll keep you as a definitely maybe...
im coming put me up as coming
can bring stadium if it arrives.
That'd be great, thanks fEEnIx-kId
i just got my new blades today so i should be quite a match when i face u lot
Blades isn't everything you know, skill is a keypoint. Hint: beginners usually get a lot of wins.
It is also about coming up with a good combo that works better than most.

I see we finally have a time given to us. Smile Also, just to confirm, I am guessing free matches will be in the entrance hall or outside on the grass.
There won't be any time for free battles unfortunately, the time slot we've been given is just enough for the tournament and that's about it really :\
No events will be allowed outside the main expo hall, no free battles, no activities on the grass.
If you want to play outside, then that's your own incentive (not something that the WBO has planned or suggested).