[London, UK] 29/5/10 - Beyparty - London MCM Expo

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: beyparty.png]

Right, it's that time of year again guys.
The London expo is the biggest anime and gaming event in the UK, and it will be coinciding with the WBO's beyweekend.

The tournament will take place inside the expo center, and will start and finish within the allocated time slot we will be given.
The slot we have been given will be 2pm - 4pm, myself, Rocky, Blitz and ♥ will be there a few minutes earlier to set up.
We seriously advise that you all make it to the table for 1:45 at the latest since we're going to need time to put you all in to your brackets for the tournament, and prizes will be announced at this time.

If anyone is buying anything from anyone, then make sure to be there earlier,
Sellers should be at the table at 1:35, we advise you all make it there for that time as well since you'll obviously all want any blades you're getting to use in the tournament.

• The tournament style will be Block Round Robin
• The main tournament will be MFB only, but free battles will allow plastic and HMS as usual.

There will be tournament prizes, and hopefully some fun extras as well.

Items we'd recommend for you to bring would be food and drink, in particular bottle water as it can get quite hot inside the main expo hall.

We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other peoples.

This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been lent out to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all (as those who visited the previous expo will know).

Obviously this has made people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

The entry fee will be free, although we will be selling blader passports for £6 at the event, that will allow you to take place in future tournaments.

We hope you'll be interested in this tournament, and enjoy it as you have done with previous tournaments.

Thanks,
theflightyellz

Expo Center Map:
Click to view

Travel:
http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visitors/travel

BeySales:
If you're looking to sell or buy any beyblades at the event, please post here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyparty...#pid261769

Attending:
Theflightyellz
Rocky
♥
jjsonickid
Zander Soulwind
Zero
Ash
LeeDraciel
Suke
black Pegasus
Blade master
fEEnIx-kId
BlacK PhoeniX
bbgoldflame
Dranzerblaze828
Beyunit-DL
brazman
Espio
Blitz
spunj boi
Phantom_Blader
AceBlader
Starwulfen

Bringing stadiums:
♥ x2
Blitz

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Will you be coming to Beyparty?

Yes, definitely
46.84%
No, can't make it
30.38%
Maybe, I'll have to see
22.78%
Total: 100% 79 vote(s)
wow ive never been to one before
Yes, this is what i have been waiting for and there will be prizes with this, bonus! (though i probably won't win anything. >_>) Also, Extras huh, sounds interesting and I'm pretty sure you are going to keep them secret from us until the weekend or close to it. I do have an idea about something that would be cool but my idea would depend on time. Pinching_eyes
It is very important that many people attend ...
(Apr. 22, 2010  9:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is very important that many people attend ...

When you say many, how many do you mean?
(Apr. 22, 2010  9:10 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: When you say many, how many do you mean?
Oh, hm, enough for a tournament, however for this event on that day I would see twenty ... People really just need to attend this one, block the day for the tournament, stop finding excuses, etc.
(Apr. 22, 2010  9:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, hm, enough for a tournament, however for this event on that day I would see twenty ... People really just need to attend this one, block the day for the tournament, stop finding excuses, etc.

In other words, because this is a main one people should really be there for it. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure we will get enough and if not, I'll have a right moan at those that could have shown up after I get back. Wink
Defenitly gonna have to get some time off work for this. Should be able to make it, I'll let you know for sure soon.
(Apr. 23, 2010  1:16 AM)Blitz Wrote: Defenitly gonna have to get some time off work for this. Should be able to make it, I'll let you know for sure soon.
Awesome, you've been out of the loop for too long amigo.
(Apr. 23, 2010  10:59 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Awesome, you've been out of the loop for too long amigo.

Far too long, really look forward to seeing all the regulars again Tongue_out
I look forward to meeting Flight at long last and seeing some other people again, of course. XD
Im coming to this, hopefully i have my new blades in time.
(Apr. 23, 2010  7:32 AM)Benkei Wrote: Can't make this one, sorry.

Aww. ;[

(Apr. 23, 2010  11:48 AM)Blitz Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2010  10:59 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Awesome, you've been out of the loop for too long amigo.

Far too long, really look forward to seeing all the regulars again Tongue_out

Good to hopefully have you back. :]

(Apr. 23, 2010  11:57 AM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: I look forward to meeting Flight at long last and seeing some other people again, of course. XD

[Image: giggle.gif]
(Apr. 22, 2010  8:56 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: wow ive never been to one before and do where is it being held
http://londonexpo.com/
We'll be outside the event on the grass area
yeah dude put me on the list btw im changing my username soon so u cant call me catslikefail
No entry fee? Haha WBO must be wealthy. Tongue_out

And yes, I probably will definitely be coming!
So this is in May right? If it is then I might be coming but equally not.
(Apr. 23, 2010  4:14 PM)Ash Wrote: No entry fee? Haha WBO must be wealthy. Tongue_out

And yes, I probably will definitely be coming!

We charge no entry fee because the expo charges an entry fee, a double hit is too much to ask.
It'd majorly help us though if people attending made a donation to the WBO, or bought a blader passport if they don't already have one.
We'll also be releasing a series of t-shirts at some point pretty soon, all profits of which will be going to the WBO to organize events like this with prizes in the future.
Yeah ive been waiting for this, will be a year since our first tourney. I am working on a little something that will be finished just after the event Smile Looking forward to seeing the regulars and some old faces, possibly gaining some new ones to. Hope you can make it Blitz, been too long.
I definitely coming to this one. I've been waiting for very long since I couldn't come to the previous tournaments. Well I got defeated by LeeDraciel in the semi-finals last year so...
OMG! I thought I wasn't be able to go Smile But, I'm with my friends aka the shugo chara characters, but I will look out for you guys Smile
I'll come, but considering it's going to be outside, i'm not sure if i'm going to have the time to participate at the tournament. If I do, though, how long will it take?
No idea, there's no way to tell exactly how long a tournament will take.
If you don't feel you can enter the tournament, we'll be free battling throughout the day.