Limited: Should we split it into three tiers?

Limited is a great set up to give lower outclassed parts a chance but don't you think that after banning the super good that there are still certain parts that do way better than others like earth is better than burn or thermal. I created this thread to help the community further decide which parts still need another tier change to get a chance.
Earth is not neccesarily better than Burn. They are fairly equal, it's just their use on dofferent heights. One set of rules is fine.
Then why even in. Limited people still do not go for certain parts when they know that other non banned parts are better?

Like xf?
There will always be some parts that simply aren't competitive on a wide level no matter if we ban the extremely overpowered parts or not. Limited already opens up a lot more possibilities in terms of competitive parts than there is in Standard, so to split Limited into three tiers would be excessive.

And frankly, it would probably be confusing for most users who attend our tournaments or browse the forums to have so many different formats with different restrictions, regardless of how interesting or not it might be. Limited already pushes the boundaries, and I don't think we want to go much further than that.
Hum, I think that the WBO don't really need this. Something that could be interesting to think about is a format between Limited and Standard. For example, Metal Wheels like Basalt, Hell, and Gravity are banned in Limited, but they are not that great in Standard, especially Gravity. There's a lot of better options to use, mainly Synchroms, they are way safer and more performant. So, we can say that theses parts are "abandonned". You can't use thems in Limited, and in Standard they sucks. I think that the only way to "give them a chance to shine" is to create a sub format. Theses are just some random thoughts and shouldn't be taken seriously, but anyway.

EDIT : Kei answered our both posts.
Just trying to help. Even if it was split only once it still would be confusing? And as for the sub format how about the special treatment format?
Putting this comment in your initial thread, since your second one will most likely get closed for redundancy, as it's really just an add-on argument.

We all see what you're saying, but the issue has been addressed: for a game targeted at children, it is far too confusing to create multiple Limited formats with separate ban lists at this point in time. I would suggest attending a WBO tournament to get an idea of how things go down before proposing a major change to the tournament style.

Additionally, if you choose to host an event, you can always suggest your own "ban list" where you list the parts that you want players to use. Since it wouldn't be an official format, participants wouldn't be obligated to use the parts that you suggest, but I hosted a tournament like this before, myself, prior to the creation of Limited and it ran quite smoothly with everyone on board.
does anyone know if there is a format where only synvhromes are allowed? just a thought
(Mar. 19, 2015  4:42 PM)infinitycross Wrote: does anyone know if there is a format where only synvhromes are allowed? just a thought

That is yet to exist, but it would be a bit redundant as in Standard and Zero-G synchromes are generally used over a lot of other parts.
Exactly : Synchromes only would still see the top Synchrome combinations currently used in Standard and Zero-G getting utilised. It does not make Goreim or Gargole much more usable.
ok in this format all the top tier spin tracks and tips that are for synchromes the best would be banned? forcing bladers to try something new?
You would still get the same Synchromes as usual with Limited-format Tracks and Bottoms ...
(Mar. 19, 2015  8:58 PM)infinitycross Wrote: ok in this format all the top tier spin tracks and tips that are for synchromes the best would be banned? forcing bladers to try something new?

I think Limited is perfect in the sense that it rids the format of powerful wheels and bottoms already. Banning more things would kind of discourage players, in my opinion. It really narrows down the available parts. Like TheSupremeOne suggested, if you really want to try a format like thus, host an event with a "suggested" ban list. When we did it, it ran pretty smoothly and everyone went along with it.
sure thing but im sorta busy at the moment so i wouldnt be able to do that in a while
It would be cool to see something like Gravity make a return in a different Limited format where Basalt and Hell are unbanned as well for example. I was thinking there could be like a Pre-HWS - Mid MFB explosion Format (AKA the one we have right now), and a Prew-HWS to Mid 4D format (so we wont have OP wheels like Duo, Diablo, or Flash) It would be really cool in my opinion because we could have a wider window open in the mid way point between Limited and Standard. Banning OP parts such as E230 and stuff like that would make the format pretty fair and fun; but as Kei said having too many formats could end up effecting the users negatively (maybe not the old users but definitely new comers).
keep making new lower and lower tiers until you reach Dark Wolf-only Tier
We should definitely make the Poison oriented Limited format V2.
(Jun. 12, 2015  2:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: keep making new lower and lower tiers until you reach Dark Wolf-only Tier

hey man, someone almost placed third at AN in 2010 using Dark Wolf (but @[The Boss] shut him down)
You know, 1234Beyblade's post actually gave me an interesting idea.

The Limited Banlist is flexible, and it can always be changed temporarily; what would be insanely cool to do would be to have some sort of special event where for one weekend we banned everything from a certain release date on, to attempt to simulate competing in past metagames.

I didn't actually get into Beyblade until after the release of Gladiator Bahamdia, and what little I know of the history of the Beyblade meta has come from reading old threads and some arbitrary testing. I've always wanted to go back in time and compete during the Basalt era or the mid-4D era, around when Variares and Blitz were in the Attack spotlight. If we simply instituted a temporary banlist update with a pre-determined termination date, we could actually do it; it'd be kinda like time travel.

That would be sooooooooooo cool.
(Jun. 13, 2015  3:45 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: You know, 1234Beyblade's post actually gave me an interesting idea.

The Limited Banlist is flexible, and it can always be changed temporarily; what would be insanely cool to do would be to have some sort of special event where for one weekend we banned everything from a certain release date on, to attempt to simulate competing in past metagames.

I didn't actually get into Beyblade until after the release of Gladiator Bahamdia, and what little I know of the history of the Beyblade meta has come from reading old threads and some arbitrary testing. I've always wanted to go back in time and compete during the Basalt era or the mid-4D era, around when Variares and Blitz were in the Attack spotlight. If we simply instituted a temporary banlist update with a pre-determined termination date, we could actually do it; it'd be kinda like time travel.

That would be sooooooooooo cool.

Do this. My stuff would actually become useful again xD
TheBlackDragon's idea is in line with my idea for pre zero-g format in the WBO's "Make your suggestions!" thread, only mine advocates a new format instead of a temporary idea.

Kei: Wat i cant believe what im reading.
Kujikato: I share my opinion on this. Anyway, why are we the only ones active from our country? Beyblade Burst is coming yo. <----- off topic.
I still feel like the entire "house rules" idea works perfectly for what's being talked about, rather than constantly changing Limited ban lists.
TBD advocated a temporary change, not a permanent one Leone19. Besides it would be fun if everyone can use their Blitz/Variares/Flash/Fang/Beat Lynx again right?

But I'd say splitting Limited into three tiers would just cause trouble. The banlist discussion has to be trifurcated, and that doesn't seem like right to me.
I get that, but I still feel like constant temporary changes would cause confusion among players. Just my opinion. I never said using those parts wouldn't be fun, I just personally feel like using "house rules" would work fine with it.
I think there's value in creating a few variable formats that tournament organizers could choose to adopt (or not) for ranked tournaments. Great way to keep players on their toes and keep the game fresh in a time where it's kind of stagnant. It will take a while for the Burst metagame to really become interesting, I think.