Lightning L Drago CH120GF

Lightning L Drago CH120GF

Hey guys! Welcome to my 4th testing thread! This is a new combo made for the Limited Format. Enjoy guys!

Concept
The Launch
Now to the tests!

Attack Testing

Defense Testing
GF should be only used to OS, and quite frankly with a relatively light well is not a good idea. light=fast on gf=veryyyy hard to control

then again i haven't really tried it yet
We had Lightning CH120 XF back in the day.

I find the attack tests a bit unbelievable though, Lightning is VERY light, so it should be KOed easily. Maybe a MF could help?

PS, you might want to add in the [LTD] Prefix to the title.
GF is crazy, it isn't even funny.

XF can't even begin to compare imo.
What a combo. Why not more defense?
I've heard. It's a flat D isn't it? Is it that bad?
I can't control XF anymore. Sweet.
(Dec. 07, 2013  1:54 PM)Kujikato Wrote: I've heard. It's a flat D isn't it? Is it that bad?

It isn't bad. It gives beyblades high stabiility rates ad a large amount of speed.
(Dec. 07, 2013  1:59 PM)*Aquamarine* Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2013  1:54 PM)Kujikato Wrote: I've heard. It's a flat D isn't it? Is it that bad?

It isn't bad. It gives beyblades high stabiility rates ad a large amount of speed.

I love the concept of GF, okay. I know it's good. BUT IT'S CRAZY, I'm referencing if it is as bad as Ginga is saying.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
(Dec. 07, 2013  2:07 PM)Kujikato Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2013  1:59 PM)*Aquamarine* Wrote:

I love the concept of GF, okay. I know it's good. BUT IT'S CRAZY, I'm referencing if it is as bad as Ginga is saying.

Unless if its weak launched, in a bb10 I find it completely untrustworthy. You can expect self KO's at least 1/4 of the time when slide shooting. XF is a much better choice in my opinion and with the ridges on the side of the XF I feel it grips the tornado ridge excellent if it goes into a stall.
Um...

Lightning + GF isn't the best idea. It's 30 grams dude. XD You're begging for a KO there. GF should always be use with something heavy and bulky, to cut down on the recoil, avoid self-KO's, and increase controlability (Like Killerken Dragooon BD145GF).

I'd also be a bit suspicious to whether or not this thing could actually steal spin effectively. Lightning had trouble spin equalizing on most anything (hence the frequent use of BD145 to aid in spin equalization), and GF is difficult above all. If BD145 was legal in limited format, MF-H Lightning L-Drago BD145GF might be a viable custom, but IMO with something so light and small the risks are outweighing the rewards here.

Then again, my darn Lighting CW and my Earth wheel both snapped in two, so I can't actually test this. I could be totally wrong.
Lightning does a solid job at spin stealing IMO. But yes, I agree that. Lightning GF is near suicide. Dragooon instead?
Actually, I control GF easily since I have mastered it. Even though LLD is light, it has EXTREME SMASH. How are the Attack testing not believable? Just think about it for a sec... the only counter as of now is Earth GB145RSF, but if you have mastered GF on a sliding shoot, it should be easy.
They're not so believable because a Gravity on R145RF should send Lightning flying, especially if it was weak launched.

Try those tests with Gravity in left spin, that's what direction Gravity is generally used in.

Another question, why weak launch against aggressive combos? How does that increase your chances?
I was saying weak launch if you cant control GF. Ill re-do tests once I get my stuff from my friends house.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee:It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
That's mainly because Lightnings main advantage is it's left spin. Take that away, or put it in a mirror match, it won't look so pretty.
Like a lot of people have been saying, I am seriously surprised that this custom beat rubber-tipped attack customs considering Lightning's recoil and the use of the grip-less GF... I would have expected numbers much closer to Galaxy Blade's, to be honest. I'll give this a go when I get home.

Slightly off-topic:

(Dec. 07, 2013  3:38 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: . . . If BD145 was legal in limited format, MF-H Lightning L-Drago BD145GF might be a viable custom . . .

Unfortunately it wouldn't since you can't push BD145's disk up on Lightning like you can on Zero-G wheels, and from personal experience I can say BD145GF on pre-Zero-G wheels scrapes like crazy.