Libra: The siren song of Beyblade, and the MFB Metagame

Well, Flame is the widest and most circular wheel. It's also really smooth. A wider wheel means a higher moment of inertia. The weight is set even further away from the axis than it is on Libra. The truth is, Flame might even have good defense. It needs to be tested.
Wow,Flame sagittario is starting to become a must have blade for stamina.
Ahhh, so Flame's really wide. That explains it. Thanks

And, lemme rephrase/change my question. What do we need to defend against Storm Pegasis better since Libra currently isn't as reliable as it could be right now? And is Metal Face still gonna work on it if it is a Defense combo or is that just gonna lower stamina too much to be any useful?
Well so far the only things that can stand against Pegasis S is Leone R and..Well Libra.But Im guessing that some new releases will be able to defeat storm pegasis
There is loads of ways to beat s Pegasis like using a smash against so it will loose alot of spin and it is an RF so it looses spin fairly quickly anyway so just think logicly.Because to be truthul in my eyes all blades can beat all blades it's how you launch them and what combo you have with them.
(May. 30, 2009  8:27 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Because to be truthul in my eyes all blades can beat all blades it's how you launch them and what combo you have with them.

this doesn't make sense
(May. 30, 2009  8:27 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: There is loads of ways to beat s Pegasis like using a smash against so it will loose alot of spin and it is an RF so it looses spin fairly quickly anyway so just think logicly.Because to be truthul in my eyes all blades can beat all blades it's how you launch them and what combo you have with them.

Reread your last sentence please.

And yes, you can beat attacks with other attacks. We are talking about Defense beyblades.
(May. 30, 2009  8:13 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Ahhh, so Flame's really wide. That explains it. Thanks

And, lemme rephrase/change my question. What do we need to defend against Storm Pegasis better since Libra currently isn't as reliable as it could be right now? And is Metal Face still gonna work on it if it is a Defense combo or is that just gonna lower stamina too much to be any useful?

The metal face decreases stamina, but not enough to make something like Libra ineffective versus attack or defense types. It's a pure stamina type that really needs to go without metal face. Metal face needs to be tested on lower tracks, too, because it may actually improve stamina if it isn't up so high. Just a hypothesis.
Im thinking of Flame SagittarioWD145BS If someone has the parts to accomplish this combo,anyone mind testing it for me?
Okay, so Metal Face still improves Defense Libra combos (defensively). With all the talk about it lowering stamina, I thought it lowered it too much to be allow Libra to defend well. XD

I agree that Metal Face may increase stamina on lower beyblades, we need some testing to prove it, though. Some compact combos should be tried, too. Tongue_out
I'm not ready to give up on them yet. Something like Escolpio 90/100SF with Metal Face may work?
Man.. Escorpio is totally useless on a track that low. Maybe 105. I still say CH120 is as low as you can effectively get with this wheel
I didn't know XD. I've seen any of these in real life, so it's all just guessing for me. That's probably my problem. We saw how this didn't work before. We completely overlooked DF145 and CH120 doing that. I guess I'll shutup?
But more tests with Escolpio would still be cool. Did anyone test Dark any more?
Tried messing around with Dark; nothing yet. Currently playing around with Rock to see what works well with it. It didn't get much use at BWR.
I see, okay.
What happened with Gemios and Capricorne?
(May. 30, 2009  9:32 PM)Giga Wrote: What happened with Gemios and Capricorne?

They are kinda rare from what I can see but I had a chance to fight against a Gemios at BWR and from what I can see it has large gaps in the wheel making good inpact but it somewhat light so it could be used as a stamana type, I know Anubis has Capricorne though
(May. 30, 2009  9:32 PM)Giga Wrote: What happened with Gemios and Capricorne?

Gemios has potential for some great KO's

I love my Capricorne, but I have yet to find an effective use for it. When finals are over I shall mess around with parts more.
(May. 30, 2009  9:41 PM)Harclave Wrote: They are kinda rare from what I can see but I had a chance to fight against a Gemios at BWR and from what I can see it has large gaps in the wheel making good inpact but it somewhat light so it could be used as a stamana type, I know Anubis has Capricorne though

Being light doesn't auto-qualify something for becoming a Stamina type. It's mostly the shape.. Even though Flame is lighter than Libra, its shape is really wide and circular.
My opinion is that no MFB parts should be banned until a while after MFB has been out. We've yet to know what parts are still to come.
I agree with Cye wholeheartedly.
(May. 30, 2009  8:36 PM)BladeBee Wrote: Im thinking of Flame SagittarioWD145BS If someone has the parts to accomplish this combo,anyone mind testing it for me?

D is a better choice over BS.
Lol yeah we discussed the other day that D was superior to BS.
I psted it because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the posts after the relevant post was posted. But oh well haha.

(Jun. 01, 2009  11:06 AM)josh-jf Wrote: Lol yeah we discussed the other day that D was superior to BS.
Whats wrong with Flame Saggitario C145D then?
Nobody said there was anything wrong. C145 just wouldn't be a track of choice for myself.

(Jun. 01, 2009  4:43 PM)jsc Wrote: Whats wrong with Flame Saggitario C145D then?