Libra: The siren song of Beyblade, and the MFB Metagame

Well the blader`s launch style has a significant impact on the blade`s performance. Also, as was previously said, libra has an awesome defense but it is too heavy to have stamina to match. So combos like Virgo or FlameDF145B would win. Right?

Edit: How many matches did you do? And did libra win mostly by os or ko?
(May. 29, 2009  1:35 PM)pegasis Wrote: i launched both myself, so the strength of the launch is almost the same...
IMO libra when customized well is still overpowered... only S pegasis is able to beat it.

Edit: i dont mean we have to ban it or anything, i was just pointing out that its still the best defense/stamina blade out there
There are multiple combos that can beat Libra other than Storm Pegasis, Flame based combos and Virgo based combos being two of these.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about...
i dont own flame so i cant say it doesnt. but virgo... i tested the combo they mentioned and it wasn't able to beat libra most of the times...
Hero: i made alot but for the video i am uplouding i made... i think 5! and hero we are talking about stamina so i am not that noob to say libra is better in stamina by KOing virgo...
How am I being a "noob"? For one, Libra is a defensive blade, not stamina Wink. And two, are you saying that just because a blade is a certain type it means it cannot KO another blade? Because that is very wrong, pegasis. And I asked how Libra won, I never said anything about KOs=stamina. I also mentioned outspinning, so I dont see why you decided to call out my writing ko :\. I really dont think you are in the position to call anyone a "noob," pegasis.
(May. 29, 2009  2:42 PM)Hero Wrote: How am I being a "noob"? For one, Libra is a defensive blade, not stamina Wink. And two, are you saying that just because a blade is a certain type it means it cannot KO another blade? Because that is very wrong, pegasis. And I asked how Libra won, I never said anything about KOs=stamina. I also mentioned outspinning, so I dont see why you decided to call out my writing ko :\. I really dont think you are in the position to call anyone a "noob," pegasis.

Lol he wasnt calling you a noob he was saying he wasnt one, and libra is actually a stamina beyblade, we just like to use it in defensive combos.
Finally we might see some more Virgo love. I need to get my hands on flame.
Wait for Flame Libra, since the rest of Saggitario is about as close as you can get to useless...
I thought it was to heavy to be used as a proper stamina blade Confused? Ugh now I`m confused >.> . And sorry for the misunderstanding pegasis.
lmao hero i never meant and will never mean to offend anyone, and you are one of my best members here at WBO, so how will i call you a noob?
i said i am not a noob and didnt say you are one... i know you knew that it wont be the best stamina if it beats by Ko. so i thought you were asking to check if i thought it does. and if i answered (it won by Ko) i would look as a total noob!
hope you understood what i said XD

btw, i never said a stamina can never Ko..., if libra beats a good stamina blade then its good at stamina, so you can call it a stamina blade....
thats it. good luck Wink

Edit: no problem Tongue_out
(May. 29, 2009  2:50 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Wait for Flame Libra, since the rest of Saggitario is about as close as you can get to useless...

Lol are you kidding me how could you expect anyone to wait that long! lol i'd die waiting for that long.
I really want to say something here, but I wont...
Since Virgo's now considered as a higher tier part, may have to get a couple more.
How does this effect how useful the rock wheel is considered?
One of my favourite parts of BWR/BeyDay was finding out how some of our assumptions of parts got completely turned upside down.
The sudden realization, when finally getting into real competition, that 145 as a height isn't something to hate, as it actually comes in use.
When I lost to Harclave during Free Battle (who was using DF145B), it threw my head for a spin, as those parts were considered fairly useless by many people.

I find myself liking MFB more and more as it goes on, it's proving to be host to an incredible playing field, no cookie cutter domination anymore.
Yeah i agree, i think it will take us a while to be able to know good and bad combos just by thought, unlike plastic and hms, and if they keep releasing parts at the rate they are now it will be incredible.
Nice article there.

Would you say that the weight added by the Metal Face is almost excessive and even redundant to many types of combinations, while remaining an integral part to others at the same time, just as predicted?

Does that also pave way for other types of Faces?

I'm definitely intrigued at how complex and in depth the game has become; I dug up a few of my old plastics and I found that most parts were essentially useless because of the distinct daylight between tiers.

Really convinced me to start getting some MFBs and joining the game once again, for what it's worth.
(May. 29, 2009  2:56 PM)josh-jf Wrote: Lol are you kidding me how could you expect anyone to wait that long! lol i'd die waiting for that long.

I'm waiting it out, there are other parts that are currently as good for stopping Libra, and I don't particularly want to get a blade for a single part (since there are currently moths flying out of my wallet XD)
Going to have to wait till I get my next pay check to make any new buys anyway.
Libra is Stamina actually. I must say that I have learnt more about MFB than I ever did with Plastic and HMS. I'm actually glad Libra is being defeated more often now. Libra isn't the be all and end all now =D.

(May. 29, 2009  2:42 PM)Hero Wrote: How am I being a "noob"? For one, Libra is a defensive blade, not stamina Wink. And two, are you saying that just because a blade is a certain type it means it cannot KO another blade? Because that is very wrong, pegasis. And I asked how Libra won, I never said anything about KOs=stamina. I also mentioned outspinning, so I dont see why you decided to call out my writing ko :\. I really dont think you are in the position to call anyone a "noob," pegasis.
(May. 29, 2009  1:23 PM)pegasis Wrote: after some tests, LibraD125WB is still better than VirgoDF145B.
am gonna uploud a video soon to prove what i said...

Tests need to be done with WB and B. I want to know which ones are better.
I was not talking about TT`s labelling of types. Libra`s primary use is defense. It may have decent stamina, but a combo involving Libra should have defense in mind.
You said Libra was a Defense type and it isn't. It's a Stamina type. You should word things differently next time
(May. 29, 2009  11:12 PM)Anubis Wrote: You said Libra was a Defense type and it isn't. It's a Stamina type. You should word things differently next time

It is a Defense-type part IMO. It doesn't perform up to par for a Stamina-type.
Oh yeah, I know that. I was talking about its literal assigned attribute. Lmao it wasn't something I should have contested
Well, until my order from Deikailo comes in, I won't have much firsthand experience, but I can say that Libra doesn't seem like the Meta Knight of Beyblade. There's plenty of stuff out there to beat it, plenty of (for the most part) accesable combos that can beat it. No need for a ban.
Well yeah I don't think we should ban it either. Even before we figured all of this out, it was the only defense against RF and it still wasn't all that effective against someone who knows how to use it.
I'm curious about Rock with the Metal Face, could this work better for defense because Libra is so(too?) heavy or would we need to wait for something like rubber ball/sharp (or free-spinning bottom?) to be able to counter RF combos more often?

I'm very happy and suprised at how many "useless" parts are now turning out to be very useful. I don't really understand how Flame is being so useful though (is it much more circle than I'm thinking it is?). What was it's weight? (and Virgo's weight?)

lol, so many questions >.>
Libra's Stamina is hurt by its weight, not its Defense.