Lets us talk about spiking

If you guys don't know, spiking is the term refering to beys getting hit soooo hard that they fly over the stadium wall. It can be hard to achive, but when it happens, be ready. I have seen and heard of cases of beys being spiked. For example, In "The Return Of The Supreme One", one person got B3 00 Wall Bearing Spiked over the stadium wall by Wombat 's Zwei Fafnir 10 Glaive Jolt' . Another instance is with my stock H3 and stock L3, they keep on spiking each other. Here are the pros and cons of spiking:

Pros
-You get to see something epic happen
-It is very rare
-You may win 1 point and/or win the match
-It is amazing if you get it on camera

Cons
-It may Break some of your beys
-It may damage any nearby electronics
-Your foe will get 1 point and/or lose
-Possible Injuries (very rarely)

So, if you have any instances of spiking, tell us about it, and for that, Happy New Years guys.
I’ve seen spiking happen a lot with the plastic gen.
So I was battling my Lord Spriggan against my Slash Valkyrie when Valkyrie gets spiked. However, think about Valkyrie's driver. Boom, instantly double the force. It went into my closet. Still think it was one of the coolest things to happen. Surprised Valkyrie didn't burst tho.
I was battling my friend's Cho z Valkyrie (awakened evolution) with Cho z Achilles in the evolution tournament stadium with no lid, and Valkyrie smacked Achilles clear out of the stadium.
(Jan. 01, 2020  7:12 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I’ve seen spiking happen a lot with the plastic gen.

This is primarily because Upper Attack is a very powerful strategy for Plastics, where it's a major source of "spiking" (which sounds like a made up name for the effect). It's one of the only really good ways to take out incredibly powerful defensive options like anything on Bearing Core 2, and given how defining that alone is for Stamina and Defense it's no wonder why.

For Burst, I haven't seen a full bey get launched very often. Usually you see a burst that sends individual parts flying, though with the ever increasing weight if layers and disks this is getting far less frequent compared to the basic/dual layer days.
I was battling my Judgement and Storm spriggan (i know, no contest) and Spriggan got yeeted out
One time, I was battling my friend and her Blast Jinnius stock. My God Valkyrie 6Vortex Variable (with only the first set of spiked gone) Had spiked it into a wall, and out of our Star Storm Stadium (which had no lid).
This seems to be a made up term. Is this an actual term that has been used or have you just created the term yourself? This is technically is excessive amounts of recoil having a upward backlash. For instance, if I push my feet against the ground to jump, the ground will push back and will give me the ability to be temporary airborne. If Beyblades hit each other,they will be pushed back depending how much recoil there is. If that backward force is directed at an angle upwards, the beyblade will fly upward. So technically the name should be recoil dispersed at an upward angle, but that might sound a bit too technical. My physics aren't the best so forgive me if this is incorrect
(Jan. 03, 2020  9:18 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: This seems to be a made up term. Is this an actual term that has been used or have you just created the term yourself?

It is a mixed (I think) I saw Ardmore Bladers say spiked before.
My Spriggan Spread Fusion was spiked by diablo nemesis.
(Jan. 03, 2020  9:18 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: This seems to be a made up term. Is this an actual term that has been used or have you just created the term yourself? This is technically is excessive amounts of recoil having a upward backlash. For instance, if I push my feet against the ground to jump, the ground will push back and will give me the ability to be temporary airborne. If Beyblades hit each other,they will be pushed back depending how much recoil there is. If that backward force is directed at an angle upwards, the beyblade will fly upward. So technically the name should be recoil dispersed at an upward angle, but that might sound a bit too technical. My physics aren't the best so forgive me if this is incorrect
The term Spiked is mainly only for volleyball and the definition they gave at the beginning of the post isn't close to the actual definition: "(in volleyball) hit (the ball) forcefully from a position near the net so that it moves downward into the opposite court."
(Jan. 03, 2020  9:23 PM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2020  9:18 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: This seems to be a made up term. Is this an actual term that has been used or have you just created the term yourself?

It is a mixed (I think) I saw Ardmore Bladers say spiked before.

One person saying a term does not make it official in the slightest. It's altogether possible that there's some sort of context that made the term fit that particular scenario, but most of the time it really doesn't fit. Personally I just say it got thrown out, which fits it 100% of the time (though once again isn't any sort of official term, more just a description).
What you are talking about is upper attack.
While spike is an interesting term it would be better used to describe force smash that causes the opponent to scrape on the stadium floor.

That level of upper attack is rare but more common with Hasbro because of the lower weight. But because of frames it would make it hard for upper attack of that strength to occur.
(Jan. 04, 2020  12:13 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2020  9:18 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: This seems to be a made up term. Is this an actual term that has been used or have you just created the term yourself? This is technically is excessive amounts of recoil having a upward backlash. For instance, if I push my feet against the ground to jump, the ground will push back and will give me the ability to be temporary airborne. If Beyblades hit each other,they will be pushed back depending how much recoil there is. If that backward force is directed at an angle upwards, the beyblade will fly upward. So technically the name should be recoil dispersed at an upward angle, but that might sound a bit too technical. My physics aren't the best so forgive me if this is incorrect
The term Spiked is mainly only for volleyball and the definition they gave at the beginning of the post isn't close to the actual definition: "(in volleyball) hit (the ball) forcefully from a position near the net so that it moves downward into the opposite court."

I am not referring to what spiking is in volleyball. I know that. I am referring to what happens in a BEYBLADE battle that he is referring to as "spiking".
During my tournament yesterday, during one of the matches, a beyblade (I think it was a Prime Apocalypse combo) was spiked. I gotta say it was the only time it happened during the event and the fact that it happened in a TT stadium amazes me.