Let’s Talk About School

A friend I had threatened to make me lose subscribers because he told his friend to sub to me because I was "being mean to him".
Wow,school is great.

(Sep. 26, 2019  1:34 AM)Shadowz Blader Wrote: Does anyone else here feel left out because of the reason that you like and enjoy beyblade?

FINALLY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
Who else thinks school is pointless???
I get out on may 26 yassss
(Apr. 19, 2023  8:49 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Who else thinks school is pointless???

I sometimes feel like it's a means to an end. A lot of what goes on in school is kinda pointless but there is some good that comes from it.

Going to a college or tech school for something you are interested in is the best experience I have ever had with school. I like learning things that I can apply or that I at least find interesting. Most of the things I learn are by choice outside of school. Books and youtube help me answer questions I have and find more information on things. 

I feel like my schooling really skipped out on history and geography so I take time to learn about them in my spare time because I think knowing more about the world is really important. I am almost done with college now but I don't ever want to stop learning.
(Apr. 19, 2023  8:49 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Who else thinks school is pointless???

It's very much the opposite.
21 more days for me!
(Apr. 28, 2023  4:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:

It's very much the opposite.

Explain
(Apr. 28, 2023  7:52 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2023  4:10 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: It's very much the opposite.

Explain

Not trying to interrupt Ralf at all - I wanted to answer because I really hated school as a kid.

School does help teach the fundamentals - reading, writing, math and logic. It's just sometimes that the system of school doesn't work well in practice. I agree wholeheartedly that the school system is pretty bad. There's a lot they don't teach, lessons are disorganized and more importance is put on letter grades than learning. Plus all the extra drama, bullies, and distractions making it all a slog. It's one of those great idea, bad execution situations. Try to find something you are passionate about to work twards and keep motivated. College is SO much better than regular school, and if books aren't your thing tech school is a great choice to learn a trade.
(Apr. 29, 2023  2:12 AM)NightWolf Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2023  7:52 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Explain

Not trying to interrupt Ralf at all - I wanted to answer because I really hated school as a kid.

School does help teach the fundamentals - reading, writing, math and logic. It's just sometimes that the system of school doesn't work well in practice. I agree wholeheartedly that the school system is pretty bad. There's a lot they don't teach, lessons are disorganized and more importance is put on letter grades than learning. Plus all the extra drama, bullies, and distractions making it all a slog. It's one of those great idea, bad execution situations. Try to find something you are passionate about to work twards and keep motivated. College is SO much better than regular school, and if books aren't your thing tech school is a great choice to learn a trade.

In my opinion primary/elementary most of the time you actually learn something. In secondary/middle/high school I believe it is very rarely useful. (I should have elaborated on my first post) Ok sometimes you learn stuff but for example in year 7 (11-12) you just learn stuff you already know in primary. As you go through the years you learn complicated stuff that you don't need to know. In life who needs to know what the cells are made up of. Who needs to know how to use a abacus, we have calculators. Arithmetic math is kinda useless as we have calculators. Do you get what I mean?

Plus most stuff that you need to know in life they dont teach, for example, how to get a job, how to manage your career, how to do a interview, how to start a business, how to manage money, etc.
(Apr. 29, 2023  12:02 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: In my opinion primary/elementary most of the time you actually learn something. In secondary/middle/high school I believe it is very rarely useful. (I should have elaborated on my first post) Ok sometimes you learn stuff but for example in year 7 (11-12) you just learn stuff you already know in primary. As you go through the years you learn complicated stuff that you don't need to know. In life who needs to know what the cells are made up of. Who needs to know how to use a abacus, we have calculators. Arithmetic math is kinda useless as we have calculators. Do you get what I mean?

Plus most stuff that you need to know in life they dont teach, for example, how to get a job, how to manage your career, how to do a interview, how to start a business, how to manage money, etc.

Basic math is pretty important but anything that isn't used for most people should be a specialty class imho. Fractions and decimals are good for cooking, building and money but algebra isn't for most things in life.

I'd say as far as cells goes, it's good to understand what your body is made up of so you can take care of it. I always got the worst muscle aches until I learned in a biology class that our muscles need potassium, calcium and magnesium to function properly and I have seen a great reduction in leg pains after working out.

I agree with you 100% there. I have always wondered why schools don't teach these things.
(Apr. 29, 2023  12:02 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2023  2:12 AM)NightWolf Wrote: Not trying to interrupt Ralf at all - I wanted to answer because I really hated school as a kid.

In my opinion primary/elementary most of the time you actually learn something. In secondary/middle/high school I believe it is very rarely useful. (I should have elaborated on my first post) Ok sometimes you learn stuff but for example in year 7 (11-12) you just learn stuff you already know in primary. As you go through the years you learn complicated stuff that you don't need to know. In life who needs to know what the cells are made up of. Who needs to know how to use a abacus, we have calculators. Arithmetic math is kinda useless as we have calculators. Do you get what I mean?

My school didn't teach it itself, but I did go on a field trip that taught us about financing. But I agree, school should teach life skills along with the basics.
school out on may 26. 23 days...
(May. 03, 2023  5:41 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: school out on may 26. 23 days...
My last day of school is May 18th. Only have one test left to go…
(May. 03, 2023  10:03 PM)Bey100 Wrote:

LUCKY
(May. 03, 2023  10:03 PM)Bey100 Wrote:

I get out on the 24th, which is preceded by a week of testing...
(May. 04, 2023  3:41 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(May. 03, 2023  10:03 PM)Bey100 Wrote: My last day of school is May 18th. Only have one test left to go…

I get out on the 24th, which is preceded by a week of testing...
Well that sucks
My school ends in 3 weeks and a day so that will be at the 26th.

(May. 04, 2023  3:55 PM)Sky Nova Wrote: My school ends in 3 weeks and a day so that will be at the 26th.

I'm going to miss my school- it's my last year at middle school Unhappy
(May. 04, 2023  3:53 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(May. 04, 2023  3:41 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: I get out on the 24th, which is preceded by a week of testing...
Well that sucks

finals is only 15 summative points for me
The school year is finally ending🙂
I messed up. last day is the 25th of this month for me. not the 26th
Since I finally finished my math test on Tuesday I finally am finishing school next Friday
Im passing all my classes rn. Im doing way better than I did my freshman year
(May. 15, 2023  2:18 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Im passing all my classes rn. Im doing way better than I did my freshman year
A and Bs all day baby! (No but seriously I do well in school even if I don’t like school that much)
(May. 15, 2023  6:05 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(May. 15, 2023  2:18 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Im passing all my classes rn. Im doing way better than I did my freshman year
A and Bs all day baby! (No but seriously I do well in school even if I don’t like school that much)

SAME. I do work cuz I dont wanna be homeless Unhappy