Let’s Talk About School

Basically a random thoughts thread for school or something. Feel free to talk about anything school-related, like funny class moments or complaining you have too much homework. Clubs and school sports are also allowed

Rules + Courtesies (Updated May 12, 2021)

Just some rules and courtesies to keep this thread going smoothly. Theres no punishment if you fail to follow them, aside for some reminders from me and users on this thread. Most of the time, these wont be reported to a WBO mod unless you severely break them. Courtesies are more for politeness when talking to others and ensuring the best experience

1) Please only talk about schooling and related things here! However, occasionally I give some announcements regarding what goes on in my thread and its rule updates. Topics could be about public, private, or home school. Basically any place where you’re getting education for a living

2) Please try not to infringe on your own and others’ privacy (referring to a classmate/teacher’s full name; mentioning the full name of your school; etc.)

3) Please advertise with consideration! Dont randomly hop onto this thread and advertise if you never had a conversation here before. And dont advertise when theres a conversation going on

4) Please complain/vent/talk about school with moderation. Do not mention graphic and very inappropriate topics (I would say brief mentions are okay, but we should not explore and have deep conversations about them).

5) Please do not invalidate other users whenever they mention a school struggle or related issue (ex. Saying that you have harder classes when someone says theirs is stressful for them; rudely telling them to toughen up). This is not the Struggle Olympics!

6) Please keep this thread civil. No meaningless responses (spam) and no arguments
Kids at my middle school got caught vaping.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:37 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Kids at my middle school got caught vaping.

Yikes. I cant tell how inappropriate or “mature” this is for WBO, but Im assuming we can talk about it here because we are all old enough (Mods, please tell me if this isnt allowed)

Kids at my high school sometimes do that. I know my track team’s captain’s friend does that, because she talks loud and I overheard her saying she got caught doing that
My friend group is hype for Mha season four and for whatever reason draws gay ships for the characters. It's scary.
I'm...... Homeschooled.......
Also geometry is annoying

(Sep. 10, 2019  2:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I'm...... Homeschooled.......

Lucky you...
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:42 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: My friend group is hype for Mha season four and for whatever reason draws gay ships for the characters. It's scary.

I mean, I dont mind gay ships but I get that its scary from a male’s perspective. Still, to be doing that out in the open is weird (I mean, if theyre doing it privately then I wont judge). I mean, I dont do that with ANY ship in general, gay or not
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:43 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Also geometry is annoying

(Sep. 10, 2019  2:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I'm...... Homeschooled.......

Lucky you...

It has it's perks. Smile I haven't started yet, but I'll start September 23rd.
I got scratched on the forehead by my cat and now I have to go to school with two bandages on my forehead. People are going to ask my why I have bandages and I'll just be like, "My cat scratched me."

(Sep. 10, 2019  2:42 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: My friend group is hype for Mha season four and for whatever reason draws gay ships for the characters. It's scary.
May I ask what these ships are(I don't ship but I watched a few episodes of MHA)?
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:48 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: I got scratched on the forehead by my cat and now I have to go to school with two bandages on my forehead. People are going to ask my why I have bandages and I'll just be like, "My cat scratched me."

Dang. I have a cat but Im glad I know how to handle him correctly. Most cat scratches are from angry cats, as I heard
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:48 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: I got scratched on the forehead by my cat and now I have to go to school with two bandages on my forehead. People are going to ask my why I have bandages and I'll just be like, "My cat scratched me."

You could make it sound cooler than that if you wanted to. For instance, you could say you had a boxing match with your cat, and your cat hadn't cut its fingernails in ages.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:49 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:48 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: I got scratched on the forehead by my cat and now I have to go to school with two bandages on my forehead. People are going to ask my why I have bandages and I'll just be like, "My cat scratched me."

Dang. I have a cat but Im glad I know how to handle him correctly. Most cat scratches are from angry cats, as I heard
My cat doesn't usually scratch people. I literally picked her up, which she never minds, and she flailed around and left two lines on my face.

(Sep. 10, 2019  2:50 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

You could make it sound cooler than that if you wanted to. For instance, you could say you had a boxing match with your cat, and your cat hadn't cut it's fingernails in ages.
Who boxes with a cat?
It’s only been 9 days of school, and I’ve gotten into more than 8 fist fights that I didn’t start. I had to defend myself.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:50 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:49 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Dang. I have a cat but Im glad I know how to handle him correctly. Most cat scratches are from angry cats, as I heard
My cat doesn't usually scratch people. I literally picked her up, which she never minds, and she flailed around and left two lines on my face.

(Sep. 10, 2019  2:50 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: You could make it sound cooler than that if you wanted to. For instance, you could say you had a boxing match with your cat, and your cat hadn't cut it's fingernails in ages.
Who boxes with a cat?

It would just make it sound cooler, and it wouldn't be a total lie. Smile
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:51 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: It’s only been 9 days of school, and I’ve gotten into more than 8 fist fights that I didn’t start. I had to defend myself.

Your school sounds really messed up. Fist fights start like that without warning and no adults keeping things in check? Dang, thats hard
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:51 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: It’s only been 9 days of school, and I’ve gotten into more than 8 fist fights that I didn’t start. I had to defend myself.

Oof. I hated fist fights in third grade(My last year in public school)
Eeeek that's bad. Not going to ask what school, but seriously, tell a teacher.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:53 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:

Your school sounds really messed up. Fist fights start like that without warning and no adults keeping things in check? Dang, thats hard 
It’s my friend who does it, we have a strange friendship. Except the fist fights aren’t friendly. I don’t do any harm though.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:54 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:53 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Your school sounds really messed up. Fist fights start like that without warning and no adults keeping things in check? Dang, thats hard 
It’s my friend who does it, we have a strange friendship. Except the fist fights aren’t friendly. I don’t do any harm though.
Get new friends.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:54 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:53 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Your school sounds really messed up. Fist fights start like that without warning and no adults keeping things in check? Dang, thats hard 

That doesn't sound like a real friend....
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:53 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
Eeeek that's bad. Not going to ask what school, but seriously, tell a teacher.

I would… but the people in my class don’t know the difference between snitching, and reporting.
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:57 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  2:53 AM)Dash Driver Wrote: Eeeek that's bad. Not going to ask what school, but seriously, tell a teacher.

I would… but the people in my class don’t know the difference between snitching, and reporting.
Nobody in my school does either.

May I ask what these ships are(I don't ship but I watched a few episodes of MHA)?

So if you basically can think of any character in the series, you have all the gay ships. It's not all gay. I was just being hyberbolic, but I will say, they are a little toxic with their opinions on the characters. They also ruined Dank for me by drawing him in drag. These friends are basically like the stereotypical LGBT community people btw. But I have nothing wrong with their opinions and ships, it just makes the series kina weird for me.

But aside from that, people were trying to pick a fight with me and bump into me and make it look like an accident. IDK wth is wrong with them.
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:08 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:

So if you basically can think of any character in the series, you have all the gay ships. It's not all gay. I was just being hyberbolic, but I will say, they are a little toxic with their opinions on the characters. They also ruined Dank for me by drawing him in drag. These friends are basically like the stereotypical LGBT community people btw. But I have nothing wrong with their opinions and ships, it just makes the series kina weird for me.
Sooooo All Might and Endeavor(just popped into my head).
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:10 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2019  3:08 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: So if you basically can think of any character in the series, you have all the gay ships. It's not all gay. I was just being hyberbolic, but I will say, they are a little toxic with their opinions on the characters. They also ruined Dank for me by drawing him in drag. These friends are basically like the stereotypical LGBT community people btw. But I have nothing wrong with their opinions and ships, it just makes the series kina weird for me.
Sooooo All Might and Endeavor(just popped into my head).

Well not really. I was exaggerating. But they say that almost every character is pretty gay though. It kinda ruins the series because it's turning into the undertake fandom, just less gross.

My friend at school had to leave the WBO