[Takara Tomy]  Legend Spriggan Testing and Discussion

[Image: oCF41Jn.png]

Remember how in the Maximum Garuda testing thread I said to lower your expectations when I posted the Legend Spriggan testing? Well, turns out I was being hasty. After seeing lS7VX show up on Winning Combos, I decided to take a second look. Before this, I had concluded the best combo for lS to be lS7MH, and used it like an L2 Hold combo, but it only really worked half the time on Drain Fafnir and, weirdly enough, Dark Deathscyther. Against everything else, it was a dud.

But after doing tests with Xtreme, Legend Spriggan appears to hold a little more weight metagame wise…

Right Spin Tests

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme vs. Alter Chronos 2Cross Atomic

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme vs. Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Atomic

After getting mostly good results in Right Spin, I began to wonder if the reason lS on Hold wasn’t doing well was because the left spin mode in particular was bad. So, I decided to run all the same tests with lS in Left Spin and wow did that theory turn out true.

Left Spin Tests

In conclusion, Legend Spriggan is a good counter against Drain Fafnir and Maximum Garuda (only in right spin for the latter and everything else, though). It can get some really good wins against it and it can hold its own if it needs to, but if nobody is bringing mG, you’re better off using something else. That said, it's left spin mode is kinda dreck and the layer as a whole also has a tendency to self-burst, but since mG is probably going to be spammed by anyone who has it in a tournament, it’s definitly a good idea to arm yourself with this.
This is really valuable information! Thanks a lot for this. I might just make it more clear which section is right-spin tests and which is left-spin by adding a title above each one.

In Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme (Right-Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic, how did lS win? KO or Burst? Did you record that data?
(Aug. 03, 2017  8:03 PM)Kei Wrote: In Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme (Right-Spin) vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic, how did lS win? KO or Burst? Did you record that data?

It was mostly Bursts as far as I remember, but lS did get a few good KOs against the other layers, so I'm sure dF was KO'd in at least one round. (i'll have to start keeping track of which type win type happened as opposed to just writing observations after the rounds now, i guess. i don't want any room for error when i test Tongue_out)

(i'll also add headers to each testing section to have spin direction, thanks for pointing that out)
The mG result is interesting to read, and I was a little excited about it so I tried myself. My personal results are...very different from what you're getting here.

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme (Right) vs Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic
lS: 0OS, 3KO, 1 BF (4 total wins)
mG: 15OS, 0KO, 1 BF (16 total wins)
lS Winning Percentage: 20%
(Bursts caused by KOs have been marked as KOs)

I haven't tried left-spin but this still screams that mG holds it's own in this matchup, at least from my tests here. It's still the general combo choice I'd probably go for as an mG counter though (as shown with my L2SX choice in our recent London event), but the huge difference in our tests here seems a bit odd. Not saying your tests are wrong either, I think Xtreme is unpredictable enough to cause a disparity like this, haha.

What conditions did lS win under here (KOs, BFs etc)? And which launcher did you use for these as well?
(Aug. 03, 2017  8:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: The mG result is interesting to read, and I was a little excited about it so I tried myself. My personal results are...very different from what you're getting here.

I haven't tried left-spin but this still screams that mG holds it's own in this matchup, at least from my tests here. It's still the general combo choice I'd probably go for as an mG counter though (as shown with my L2SX choice in our recent London event), but the huge difference in our tests here seems a bit odd. Not saying your tests are wrong either, I think Xtreme is unpredictable enough to cause a disparity like this, haha.

What conditions did lS win under here (KOs, BFs etc)? And which launcher did you use for these as well?

Woah, that is a huge difference. I used the Speed Beylauncher for mG and for the right spin tests I used the Sword Launcher with lS (I have an easier time aiming sliding shoots with the sword launcher). Did you use the Long Winder for your test?
Nono, I used the Speed BeyLauncher for both combos as that's what I'm most comfortable with. Sliding Shoots were performed but, more often than not, mG would just clutch it and lS would lose it's pattern or lack the stamina to go deal the finishing blow. mG's slope loss was consistently half, if not slightly more, but lS just never seemed to finish it. Wondering whether that's just my launching or the luck of Xtreme, haha.
(Aug. 03, 2017  10:27 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Nono, I used the Speed BeyLauncher for both combos as that's what I'm most comfortable with. Sliding Shoots were performed but, more often than not, mG would just clutch it and lS would lose it's pattern or lack the stamina to go deal the finishing blow. mG's slope loss was consistently half, if not slightly more, but lS just never seemed to finish it. Wondering whether that's just my launching or the luck of Xtreme, haha.

Huh, weird. I'm sorry to hear that. I played a couple more rounds with the same combos again and I still got mG to burst consistantly. I hope this isn't another one of those Burst Molding Differences That Make The Game Unessacarily Complex™...
Nah, it'd imagine it's probably just me then, haha. Sorry!
can u test lS on a stationary attack combo.also have u tried soft launching it
(Aug. 04, 2017  12:45 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: can u test lS on a stationary attack combo.also have u tried soft launching it

I will try to test that later
(Aug. 03, 2017  8:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: The mG result is interesting to read, and I was a little excited about it so I tried myself. My personal results are...very different from what you're getting here.

Which God chips did you use? Check if they had A# or B# on the bottom. We may have figured this whole thing out.
(Aug. 05, 2017  3:46 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Which God chips did you use? Check if they had A# or B# on the bottom. We may have figured this whole thing out.

If they were using the default mG god chip then that should not have been the issue.
Yeah, I don't swap God Chips out unless it's a mirror match in an event and it's needed for differentiation.
(Aug. 06, 2017  2:33 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Yeah, I don't swap God Chips out unless it's a mirror match in an event and it's needed for differentiation.

R.I.P my non shaky dF God Chip with dF.
(Aug. 03, 2017  7:08 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [Image: oCF41Jn.png]

Remember how in the Maximum Garuda testing thread I said to lower your expectations when I posted the Legend Spriggan testing? Well, turns out I was being hasty. After seeing lS7VX show up on Winning Combos, I decided to take a second look. Before this, I had concluded the best combo for lS to be lS7MH, and used it like an L2 Hold combo, but it only really worked half the time on Drain Fafnir and, weirdly enough, Dark Deathscyther. Against everything else, it was a dud.

But after doing tests with Xtreme, Legend Spriggan appears to hold a little more weight metagame wise…

Right Spin Tests

After getting mostly good results in Right Spin, I began to wonder if the reason lS on Hold wasn’t doing well was because the left spin mode in particular was bad. So, I decided to run all the same tests with lS in Left Spin and wow did that theory turn out true.

Left Spin Tests

In conclusion, Legend Spriggan is a good counter against Drain Fafnir and Maximum Garuda (only in right spin for the latter and everything else, though). It can get some really good wins against it and it can hold its own if it needs to, but if nobody is bringing mG, you’re better off using something else. That said, it's left spin mode is kinda dreck and the layer as a whole also has a tendency to self-burst, but since mG is probably going to be spammed by anyone who has it in a tournament, it’s definitly a good idea to arm yourself with this.
Thanks for the info
Have you tried Legend Spriggan in left spin as defense
(Aug. 16, 2017  12:59 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Have you tried Legend Spriggan in left spin as defense

In attack combos it has too much recoil. The layer tends to self burst due to this recoil, so stationary it would probably not do so well.
Finally got around to testing some stuff. My results are pretty similar to @[~Mana~]'s

Long winder + Light launcher
lS launched second
lS in Right spin
100% launches

I accidentally did half my testing with 8 Glaive instead of 4 and horribly skewed the results.

mG.8G.At v lS.7M.A
mG: 8 (8 OS)  
lS : 2 (1 KO 1 BF)

I wanted to try Accel before Xtreme to see if the extra stamina helped. lS was just outspun and lacked the aggressiveness to burst mG consistently. Still had not realised I was using 8.

mG.8.At v lS.7M.X
mG: 9 (6 OS, 2 KO, 1 BF)
lS: 11 (3 KO, 8 BF)

lS did pretty well here, I did whiff a few launches and stall lS leading to KO's so it really should have done better. 8 is way easier to burst than 4. At this point I realised my mistake of using 8 and switched to 4G.

mG.4G.At v lS.7M.X
mG: 15 (15 OS)
lS: 5 (4 BF, 1 KO)

It was clear 4 gives mG extra burst resistance. It was really frustrating to do these rounds as the amount of contact was enough to burst 8G but 4G just would not burst. Again I'm not an attack god but it could probably do a little better had I not stalled a couple times.
Stallers should be outliers, you shouldn't count those in your results, just note that sliding shoot was basically perfect each round tested, that's how I do tests anyway, if the sliding shoot gets destabilized then obviously count it because that's just the effect mG or whatever other layer give to the attacker, but if you just launch straight to a stall those shouldn't count.

Wait just noticed something else, you launched mG 100% and it wasn't bursting? When me and Kei tested mG, it seemed like the harder you launched mG the more likely it is to burst both against lS and VHR.

Also almost done uploading all my lS tests, just gotta upload aC tomorrow so I'll post those vids here once they're all up.
I didn't want to take them out to keep it realistic. I cant' speak for others but I won't get a perfect sliding shoot in a tournament with all the added pressure etc and besides I think if I took them out mG still would have one in the last test. I gotta git gud with attack it seems. I'm guessing it would be different with two people launching simultaneously as it would be easier to hit mG early in the match. Did you test mG.4G.At with Kei or another combo?
Yep it was 4G At, we didn't do much since it was so one sided towards mG but yeah. Also it's actually harder with two people to beat mG since alone you can aim your sliding shoot so it hits mG directly while with another person you have to play a mind game to decide what launch you do cuz if you do sliding shoot and your opponent hard straight launches you're gonna get KOed just as an example.
That's true I didn't think about that. It's annoying because aside from against like aC and mG lS.7M.X is really good. I can get it to knock a lot of things on revolve and it has a convincing dF matchup also takes care of gK pretty easily as well.
(Aug. 17, 2017  10:06 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: That's true I didn't think about that. It's annoying because aside from against like aC and mG lS.7M.X is really good. I can get it to knock a lot of things on revolve and it has a convincing dF matchup also takes care of gK pretty easily as well.

Yeah, that's it exactly. But because gK is a hard counter to mG, people will use it, which simultaneously makes lS viable; it does well against dF, gK, and has a chance against mG and aC.
In my tests, Legend Spriggan MURDERED my K2 Gravity Needle(I don't have Orbit lol)
So, this was the perfect thread for me to come across, because I was seriously considering purchasing both dF and lS. I know dF is amazing, and lS seems to be ok as well. Is Legend Spriggan worth purchasing? Or am I better off with Drain Fafnir? I am a fan of Shu, but that isn't a deal maker/killer. mG is not in the picture. I just don't see the potential.