Left Rubber Flat (LRF) Draft

Performance Tip: Left Rubber Flat
  • Weight: 0.77 grams

Left Rubber Flat (LRF) is a variant of the RF Performance Tip and designed to be a mirror image of R²F. While the surface of R²F is shaped like a buzzsaw with six points facing in a clockwise direction, LRF's surface has the points facing counter-clockwise. These points, along with the nature of being a flat, rubber Bottom, have the effect of increasing the speed and friction of the Beyblade with the Stadium Floor. However, LRF suffers similar drawbacks to R²F in that it is more difficult to control than RF and loses Stamina more quickly due to its shape. Nonetheless, LRF is an exceptional Performance Tip for Attack Customizations in both the Standard and Limited Formats, and should definitely be considered when building an Attack Type if more speed in the beginning of the battle is desired. Although LRF’s name suggests that it should be used on a Left Spinning Beyblade, in reality it is interchangeable with RF and R²F and performs just as well on a Right Spinning Beyblade.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
All TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong releases of LRF feature a full plastic crossbar inside of the Tip to secure the rubber piece in place, while Hasbro's release of LRF only has a partial crossbar, similar to that of Hasbro's Metal Fury version of R²F. The TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong version is preferred for competitive play because the full crossbar helps keep the Tip more stable during battle.

Use in Attack Customization
LRF is best put to use in the Top-Tier Attack Customization MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang W145/H145/GB145 RF/R²F/LRF. This Customization is capable of Knocking Out nearly any opponent when used in conjunction with a proper Sliding Shoot.

How to obtain this part
  • BB-98 Ultimate Meteo L-Drago Reshuffle Set
  • BB-121 Ultimate DX Set
  • BB-98B Ultimate Meteo L-Drago Absorb DF105LRF (Hasbro Starter)
  • BB-108 L-Drago Destroy DF105LRF (Gold Ver.)

Overall
LRF is one of the best Performance Tips for Attack in the entire Metal Fight Beyblade generation, on par with other Top Tier options such as RF and R²F. Due to the interchangeability of the three, LRF is not necessarily a required purchase if one already owns the more common RF or R²F. However, it is still a welcome addition to any collection especially given the fast-wearing nature of rubber parts.
I think this is basically ready to be published except for two small things; thank you for taking the time to write this.

R²F just has to be written like that instead of R2F, and I would perhaps move this sentence to the general description ? "Although LRF’s name suggests that it should be used on a Left Spinning Beyblade, in reality it is interchangeable with RF and R2F and performs just as well on a Right Spinning Beyblade."
(Feb. 03, 2016  10:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think this is basically ready to be published except for two small things; thank you for taking the time to write this.

R²F just has to be written like that instead of R2F, and I would perhaps move this sentence to the general description ? "Although LRF’s name suggests that it should be used on a Left Spinning Beyblade, in reality it is interchangeable with RF and R2F and performs just as well on a Right Spinning Beyblade."

Ok, I have updated the draft with your suggestions. I actually had the draft typed up in Microsoft Word with the exponents, but for some reason they did not stay that way when I copy/pasted it onto the WBO...
All your posts are beautifully crafted.

Maybe you should go more into detail about the actual design, about the "wings", if I didn't know the design I don't think I would understand from the couple of sentences you did about the appearance. But I'm sure you'll some pics for the gallery, so it's optional. You might wanna move some of the sentences about it into an overall, just saying its interchangable with R(2)F.
Was it LRF or R2F that had the mood variation where it was changed to have less points on the bottom? If it was LRF, the mood variation should definitely be noted.

Otherwise, the draft is pretty solid really. I can see this being finalised quite quickly. Good work Wombat!
(Feb. 05, 2016  3:19 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: All your posts are beautifully crafted.

Maybe you should go more into detail about the actual design, about the "wings", if I didn't know the design I don't think I would understand from the couple of sentences you did about the appearance. But I'm sure you'll some pics for the gallery, so it's optional. You might wanna move some of the sentences about it into an overall, just saying its interchangable with R(2)F.

You're totally right, I forgot all about the Overall section. I wasn't exactly sure how to go into more detail about the "wings" so I took a page from gankoba's book to improve the description (buzzsaw rubber flat).

(Feb. 05, 2016  10:48 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Was it LRF or R2F that had the mood variation where it was changed to have less points on the bottom? If it was LRF, the mood variation should definitely be noted.

Otherwise, the draft is pretty solid really. I can see this being finalised quite quickly. Good work Wombat!

Thanks! This is the first time I've ever heard of that mold variation, so I'm not quite sure it exists at all... I do know that Takara Tomy released R²F and LRF with the full crossbar, while Hasbro's Metal Masters R²F had no crossbar. From Metal Fury forward their R²F had a partial crossbar, but I have no clue if they made any changes to the crossbar in LRF.
All I see on Google Images is R²F and LRF with six branches. I never really heard of moulds with less points either.
Hmm, I could've sworn there was an early mold variation that had eight branches instead of six. I must be thinking of something completely different and unrelated, haha. Sorry!
So I decided to be smart for a change and looked up some unboxing videos of the Hasbro MLD Absorb. Turns out it has the partial crossbar like the Metal Fury R²F. I added this information to the OP.
[Image: gtFJRtX.png]
Does anyone have a Hasbro MLD Absorb themselves to take better pictures of this LRF? I only have the Takara LRF from the Ultimate DX Set.
i'm getting my LRF today i will send few pics soon
I'd be inclined to say this draft is ready to be published. @[Wombat] do you still need someone to take pictures of the LRF with the half crossbar? Granted, the rubber part of my LRF is really worn, but the mold difference is there.

Otherwise this is good to go.
(Aug. 17, 2016  5:58 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: I'd be inclined to say this draft is ready to be published. @[Wombat] do you still need someone to take pictures of the LRF with the half crossbar? Granted, the rubber part of my LRF is really worn, but the mold difference is there.

Otherwise this is good to go.

If you (or someone else) could get a picture with the mold difference that would be great. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and copy this over to the wiki unless anyone else has an objection. I'll make sure to translate everything into Hasbro as well.

@[Kai-V] @[~Mana~]?
Definitely go right ahead, this is long overdue hah.
I got about 3-4 hasbro ones i believe so i will try to send pictures
Though I'd replied to this one already. This one is definitely ready to be published Tongue_out

Good work!