Layer - Amaterios

Quote:'''Weight:''' 9.0 grams

Amaterios, officially written as αmaterios, is based on the [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaterasu Amaterasu], the Shintoist Goddess of the Sun. This Layer is in the shape of a five-pointed star mounted with a red orb at each end, with a trail of fire on their right. Seeing as it spins towards the right, the orb sections create blunt attack points that deliver powerful hits. The center shows the profile of a green-eyed beast with a mane.

The colored plastic on the underside appears to have two different components, but in reality a layer of golden paint was added to all the exterior areas that could be seen when the Beyblade is assembled.

This Layer has three tall teeth on its inner ring, meaning that it holds the Driver's white tab considerably firmly and is difficult to burst.

Although it is the heaviest Layer, Amaterios has no use at all in Stamina and Defense due to the protrusions in its round shape. Its area of expertise is solely in Attack, where it however falls short below Valkyrie and Xcalibur. It performs well enough to be considered as an excellent alternative though. Considering that it possesses a design that is almost the mirror equivalent of Wyvern, it can effectively defeat combinations using that Layer specifically.

===Use in Attack Customization===
The ideal combination to make Amaterio's potential shine is '''Amaterios Heavy Xtreme'''. Alternatively, for more stamina, or to counter Tornado Stallers and other Attack types, '''Amaterios Heavy Assault''' can be used effectively.
The draft is good for sure, but has Amaterios Heavy Assault actually been used effectively though?
I haven't much success with Amaterios Heavy Assault, as it drops off the ridge a little faster than Accel and seems to have less stamina.

It should also be mentioned how Amaterios has stronger teeth that bend more, which (seems) to reduce the tooth wear significantly.

Great draft, Kai-V! Smile
Well that makes sense I suppose hah. How about Amaterios Heavy Accel then ? Assault was better against things with Accel.
I'm not sure how it is, but we should probably get testings on it before we include it in an article.
I'll get some testings going Smile

What exactly should I test?
Try against Valkyrie Heavy Accel, Wyvern Heavy Accel/Zephyr, Deathscyther Spread Survive and something with Xtreme, I suppose ?
So no competitive use now I assume?
(Dec. 07, 2017  1:52 AM)Dragunix Wrote: So no competitive use now I assume?

Nope. Too light, poor stamina, irregular shape.
How about we add star for it lines up with its attack points.
still too light against God Layers
The vid for the black Amaterios it bursted a guardian kerbeus
Guardian Kerbeus is the easiest God bey to burst
(Dec. 08, 2017  3:49 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Guardian Kerbeus is the easiest God bey to burst

Arc bahamut felt way easier to me...
(Dec. 08, 2017  3:49 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Guardian Kerbeus is the easiest God bey to burst

Shelter Regulus is way easier
(Feb. 20, 2016  11:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: '''Weight:''' 9.0 grams

Amaterios, officially written as αmaterios, is based on the [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaterasu Amaterasu], the Shintoist Goddess of the Sun. This Layer is in the shape of a five-pointed star mounted with a red orb at each end, with a trail of fire on their right. Seeing as it spins towards the right, the orb sections create blunt attack points that deliver powerful hits. The center shows the profile of a green-eyed beast with a mane.

The colored plastic on the underside appears to have two different components, but in reality a layer of golden paint was added to all the exterior areas that could be seen when the Beyblade is assembled.

This Layer has three tall teeth on its inner ring, meaning that it holds the Driver's white tab considerably firmly and is difficult to burst.

Although it is the heaviest Layer, Amaterios has no use at all in Stamina and Defense due to the protrusions in its round shape. Its area of expertise is solely in Attack, where it however falls short below Valkyrie and Xcalibur. It performs well enough to be considered as an excellent alternative though. Considering that it possesses a design that is almost the mirror equivalent of Wyvern, it can effectively defeat combinations using that Layer specifically.

===Use in Attack Customization===
The ideal combination to make Amaterio's potential shine is '''Amaterios Heavy Xtreme'''. Alternatively, for more stamina, or to counter Tornado Stallers and other Attack types, '''Amaterios Heavy Assault''' can be used effectively.

Quote:αmaterios is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-00 Booster αmaterios αero αssault on

==Description==
αmaterios is an Attack Type Energy Layer that features a face on the left side, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; the Shinto Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu, and an overall pentagonal or star shape. Such as shape creates five points of recoil which grants αmaterios high Burst and Knock-Out potential while the tall teeth of the Japanese release are capable of withstanding the Layer's recoil. Furthermore, among the Single Layers, αmaterios has high weight which further bolsters Burst resistance and attack potential.

However, αmaterios lags behind Valtryek and Xcalius in Attack combinations as the pentagonal shape means that each point of contact is at an obtuse angle which reduces recoil compared to the triangular Valtryek or the sword point of Xcalius. Furthermore, as a pre-Xcalius Single Layer, αmaterios' teeth will wear down quickly with use, if one prefers to use αmaterios, it is recommended to have multiple copies of this Layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
αmaterios can be put to use in the Attack combination αmaterios Heavy/Gravity/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor/Star/Vortex Xtreme/Accel/αssault/Iron/Zephyr. The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor/Star/Vortex bolsters αmaterios' Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth can compensate for the increased Burst risk. The high speed of Xtreme/Accel/αssault/Iron/Zephyr further adds to the combination's Burst potential while Accel/αssault/Iron/Zephyr can add greater Stamina and the potential to counter Tornado Staller combinations.

==Overall==
Overall, αmaterios features a high recoil design, strong teeth and heavy weight for its time. However the obtuse angles of the pentagonal shape makes αmaterios outclassed by Valtryek and Xcalius. Furthermore, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, αmaterios is now too light to remain viable in the current metagame. As such, αmaterios is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-00 αmaterios αero αssault (gold and red)
  • αmaterios αero αssault (black and red)
  • αmaterios αero αssault (white and blue)
  • B-00 αmaterios 7Meteor Xtreme (black and purple)
==Hasbro==
  • Beyblade Burst Micros Series 1 - αmaterios (gold)
Kai-V's version and my version. Maybe there's a way to mix the two together?
just for info amaterios is i think 10 g in weight