Launchers, Grips, and Accessories

If you are not aware yet, there is currently an article for Shooters and Grips. There's Plastic, HMS, and MFB in that article. Kei and I have decided that the article will be split up into six separate articles:

-Plastic Launchers & Accessories
-Plastic Grips & Accessories

-HMS Launchers & Accessories
-HMS Grips & Accessories

-MFB Launchers & Accessories
-MFB Grips & Accessories

So, what will happen is the Shooters and Grips article will be divided into the three Series, and each series gets divided into "Launchers & Accessories" and "Grips & Accessories, making six articles.

The current content in the Shooters and Grips article, such as the description of Light Launchers and Beylaunchers, will be used for the six new articles. The Shooters and Grips article will be dismantled once all six articles are completed.

Drafts for sections for any of the six articles must be posted here. For example, if someone wanted to write the LED Sight section for the MFB Grips & Accessories article, post it here. When a complete article for an individual product is needed, (For example, the Beylauncher Article) post a new topic.

Here's what needs to be done now:

We want to get the MFB articles done first, so here's every MFB product that would need to be written:

Quote:Grips & Accessories
-Launcher Grip
-Carabiner Grip
-Digital Power Launcher
-3 Segment Launcher Grip
-Grip Rubber Black/White/Red
-Metal Assist
-Grip Support
-BeyPointer
-Angle Compass
-LED Sight

Launchers & Accessories
-Light Launcher
-Light Launcher 2
-Snipe Launcher
-Light Launcher LR
-BeyLauncher
-BeyLauncher LR
-BeyLauncher Suspension
-Launcher Rubber

Many of those products don't require a big description, so even if you don't think your writing is good enough, give it a go, it's easy to correct a paragraph or two!
I've been writing up a 3 Segment Launcher Grip article in my free time the past few days, I've tried to make it as detailed as possible and point out every difference in this launcher grip and the 1st one, would you like me to post it here?
If it's not for an individual article, it goes here.
Well, I'll have a go at a few!

Quote:Grip Rubber Black/White/Red
Grip Rubber is a cylindrical piece of PVC rubber that slides over the handle of the Launcher Grip. The purpose of the Grip Rubber is to allow for a firmer hold on the Launcher Grip, due to the increased friction of the rubber. Additionally, it makes the handle slightly thicker, which may make it more comfortable to hold for some Bladers.

Takara Tomy Grip Rubber is divided into three segments, while Hasbro released the Grip Rubber as one single piece.

Quote:Grip Support
The Grip Support is a cylindrical piece of plastic that extends the length of the handle on the Launcher Grip. It is attached by removing the built-in Tool on the Launcher Grip and attaching the Grip Support in its place. The Tool is then attached to the bottom of the Grip Support.

The Grip Support adds approximately 50mm to the length of the handle, and has the same diameter as the handle with Grip Rubber. The extra length added by the Grip Support may make the Launcher Grip more comfortable to hold for some Bladers.

Quote:Launcher Rubber
Launcher Rubber is essentially a T-shaped fold of rubber that is attached to the handle of the BeyLauncher. While the intended purpose of the Launcher Rubber is to add a better grip, it also helps to slow breakages of the handle. The extra weight from the Launcher Rubber slows down the handle as it retracts, reducing the impact of the handle hitting the BeyLauncher and prolonging the breakage of the handle.

Quote:BeyLauncher LR
The BeyLauncher LR was originally released with Gravity Perseus AD145WD. It has the same handle as the BeyLauncher L and similar notches on the indents of the shooter to assist in gripping it. The most notable feature of the BeyLauncher LR is the capability to launch Beyblades in either left or right spin without changing launchers. The BeyLauncher LR has two sets of prongs on the top and bottom of the launcher that determine the spin direction. The prongs that are not being used are covered by a cap that can be removed and placed on each set of prongs to change the spin direction (The string cannot be pulled if the cap is not set on one side).

Regarding the BeyLauncher Suspension and BeyPointer though, seeing as how those two are currently part of the BeyLauncher and Light Launcher articles respectively, couldn't they just be cut and moved, or do they need a re-write to reflect the current MFB game?
Those are very nice drafts Beyser.

Here's a take at the Metal Assist. (My first beywiki write-up!)

Quote:Metal Assist
The Metal Assist is a U-shaped piece of plastic-covered metal that attaches to the launcher grip at the approximate location of a blader's index finger. The purpose of the Metal Assist is two-fold: Firstly, it may act as a "trigger guard" by allowing the blader's index finger to slide under the Metal Assist. Secondly, there are two grooves on the top surface of the Metal Assist on which a blader may place their index and middle fingers if a wider grip is desired.

The Metal Assist is attached by inserting the ends of the "U" into the corresponding notches on the side of the launcher grip, then sliding the Metal Assist's bolt through the bolt holes on the grip, and rotating the locking knob on the bolt clockwise until it locks in place.

It is important to note that the Metal Assist interferes with the removal of the "head" of the launcher grip, and must be removed in order to do so. Additionally, accessories that may be attached to the launcher grip head in the same plane as the Metal Assist also cannot be attached or removed while the Metal Assist is in place.

This really pisses Arupaeo off. <not really part of the article>

I don't have a weight or measurement of the MA handy at the moment, but other pieces don't seem to have this so I guess it's OK?
(Dec. 03, 2011  2:03 AM)Byser Wrote: Well, I'll have a go at a few!

These are perfect. Exactly what we wanted! I don't see any mistakes either! I'll go check them off right now.

Quote:Regarding the BeyLauncher Suspension and BeyPointer though, seeing as how those two are currently part of the BeyLauncher and Light Launcher articles respectively, couldn't they just be cut and moved, or do they need a re-write to reflect the current MFB game?

Looking at those two in specific, they should definitely be cut and moved here. Although the Beylauncher Suspension section should be shortened. We want the actual Light/BeyLauncher articles to be about the Light-BeyLauncher, so having them here is the best place. That's the intention of these; add more organisation to the launching products.

(Dec. 03, 2011  2:25 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Those are very nice drafts Beyser.

Here's a take at the Metal Assist. (My first beywiki write-up!)

Quote:Metal Assist
The Metal Assist is a U-shaped piece of plastic-covered metal that attaches to the launcher grip at the approximate location of a blader's index finger. The purpose of the Metal Assist is two-fold: Firstly, it may act as a "trigger guard" by allowing the blader's index finger to slide under the Metal Assist. Secondly, there are two grooves on the top surface of the Metal Assist on which a blader may place their index and middle fingers if a wider grip is desired.

The Metal Assist is attached by inserting the ends of the "U" into the corresponding notches on the side of the launcher grip, then sliding the Metal Assist's bolt through the bolt holes on the grip, and rotating the locking knob on the bolt clockwise until it locks in place.

It is important to note that the Metal Assist interferes with the removal of the "head" of the launcher grip, and must be removed in order to do so. Additionally, accessories that may be attached to the launcher grip head in the same plane as the Metal Assist also cannot be attached or removed while the Metal Assist is in place.

This really pisses Arupaeo off. <not really part of the article>

I don't have a weight or measurement of the MA handy at the moment, but other pieces don't seem to have this so I guess it's OK?

This looks perfect as well! Yeah I think it's perfectly fine that you don't have weights. Eventually that would be the best thing, but I personally think it's fine.

I'll write the 3 segment section either now, tonight, or tomorrow depending on when my thoughts come to my head. Edit: oh whoops, I forgot IfritDulux is going to do the 3 segment section. You go ahead and write it, I'll write another section!
Thanks Shab!

At some point, it may be worthwhile to address (in the article for that item) the fact that the head of the launcher grip is removable. Perhaps it is being addressed in the 3-segment article...

A while ago, Kei "discovered" that more than one grip handle could be attached to the same grip head. Which of course emphasizes this feature.

If you haven't tried it yet, attaching 3 handles to the 3-segment launcher grip head is hilarious! Wink
Quote:Light Launcher 2

The Light Launcher 2, abbreviated as LL2, is quite different from the standard MFB launcher, the light launcher. The winder is inserted vertically, unlike the light launcher winder which is put in horizontally. A textured area and indented finger grips are included for comfortability. The Light Launcher 2 is preferred over the light launcher for its more powerful launch, but it is still overshadowed by the BeyLauncher. The only con to this launcher is the difficulty of landing in a stadium due to a large recoil the launcher experiences.

This was my first try at one of these. Usually I don't like writing, but this was fun!
Hope it doesn't stink. Smile
It should probably be mentioned that the winder of the LL2 is incompatible with the regular Light Launcher. Pcyborg also mentioned that the LL2's from the 4D Beyblades have thicker gears than the ones before that time, though I'm not sure whether there's any difference in performance or wear, or whether it's worth mentioning.

One more shot at a draft for tonight.

Quote:Angle Compass
The Angle Compass is an accessory intended to help Bladers straighten their launch. It is essentially a freely rotating ball inside a clear dome that attaches to the head of the Launcher Grip. On the rotating ball is a red dot that will always point upward regardless of how the Angle Compass is angled, due to the weight inside the ball on the opposite side. The idea is to use the red dot and the crosshair on the clear dome to determine the angle of the launch. When, from directly above, the red dot is centered with the crosshair, it means the Launcher Grip is directly parallel to the ground.

While helpful in theory, the Angle Compass can be fairly inconsistent. Because the ball rotates on the horizontal and vertical axes by two seperate rods, there are times when friction will prevent it from rotating as it should, and it then must be jostled to correct it.

The last part is based on my personal use from it. Considering we don't recommend people to buy it I don't think it's too inaccurate, but hey, who am I to judge?
It should probably mentioned under Grip Support that it has slots to hold 2 AAA batteries, 1 from each end to add weight.
Well... Here goes nothing

Quote:

3 Segment Launcher Grip.
The 3 Segment Launcher Grip, the 2nd version of the MFB Launcher Grips, it’s very different to its predecessor in several ways, in this design, the BB-16 Beypointer has been dropped and replaced with a rectangle slot above the launcher itself to hold the Beypoint Card. The Beypoint Card itself can be got with either BB-70 Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F or BB-71 Ray Unicorno D125CS, Some notable differences is within the decals and overall shape of the Launcher, Unlike the first Launcher Grip that could only be re-attached 2 different ways since it only had 2 slots to connect the top of the launcher to the handle itself, although, the 3 Segment Launcher Grip has 3 slots and the launcher grip and be re-positioned 3 different ways, this launcher grip can also hold 2 of the “gimmicked” accessories, the BB-49 Angle Compass and the BB-90 LED Sight, so that the player can fully customize their launcher grip with all of the available accessorises unlike the 1st MFB Launcher Grip, where you could only have either the LED Sight or the Angle Compass on the top of the Launcher Grip
Another Notable difference is that on the handle of the 3 Segment Launcher Grip, it says “Lg3s” which stands for “Launcher Grip 3 Segment” although on the 1st MFB Launcher Grip, it just says “Launcher Grip”. The assembly tool on the bottom of the 3 Segment Launcher Grip is also considerably smaller than the tool and the 1st MFB Launcher Grip but still functions fine.
This launcher can hold all types of launchers, Beylauncher R, L and LR, Light Launcher and Light Launcher 2 or LR.

Quote:

3 Segment Launcher Grip.
The 3 Segment Launcher Grip, the 2nd version of the MFB Launcher Grips, is very different to its predecessor in several ways, in this design the BB-16 Beypointer has been dropped and replaced with a rectangle slot above the launcher itself to hold the Beypoint Card. The Beypoint Card itself is included with either BB-70 Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F or BB-71 Ray Unicorno D125CS, Some notable differences is within the decals and overall shape of the Launcher, unlike the first Launcher Grip that could only be re-attached 2 different ways since it only had 2 slots to connect the top of the launcher to the handle itself, although, the 3 Segment Launcher Grip has 3 slots and the launcher grip and be re-positioned 3 different ways. This launcher grip can also hold 2 of the “gimmicked” accessories, the BB-49 Angle Compass and the BB-90 LED Sight, so that the player can fully customize their launcher grip with all of the available accessorises unlike the 1st MFB Launcher Grip, where you could only have either the LED Sight or the Angle Compass on the top of the Launcher Grip
Another notable difference is that on the handle of the 3 Segment Launcher Grip, it says “Lg3s” which stands for “Launcher Grip 3 Segment” although on the 1st MFB Launcher Grip, it just says “Launcher Grip”. The assembly tool on the bottom of the 3 Segment Launcher Grip is also considerably smaller than the tool and the 1st MFB Launcher Grip but still functions fine.
This launcher can hold all types of launchers, Beylauncher R, L and LR, Light Launcher and Light Launcher 2 or LR.

Made some edits, some punctuation errors I didn't bold.

(Dec. 03, 2011  3:52 AM)Imperial Wrote: Light Launcher 2

The Light Launcher 2, abbreviated as LL2, is quite different from the standard MFB launcher, the light launcher. The winder is inserted vertically, unlike the light launcher winder which is put in horizontally. The winder features a comfy vertical handle, but it is not compatible with the normal light launcher. A textured area and indented finger grips are included for comfortability. The Light Launcher 2 is preferred over the light launcher for its more powerful launch, but it is still overshadowed by the BeyLauncher. The only con to this launcher is the difficulty of landing in a stadium due to a large recoil the launcher experiences.

The Light Launcher 2 was first released seperately in BB-87, and is now included with nearly every new release. The Left Spin counterpart of the Light Launcher 2 was released with L Drago Destroy and has the same features as the original.

Put in some of Byser's thoughts and added a new paragraph.
Should I include anything about the LR Light Launcher considering it is getting its own section?
Hm, IFritDulux's draft would need more edits IMO. Smile
As for the Light Launcher 2 article, it is good.
I'll try my hand at it! My first 'serious' BeyWiki article attempt! Smile

Quote:Light Launcher 2

The Light Launcher 2, abbreviated as LL2, is the successor of the standard MFB launcher, the Light Launcher. The Winder of this launcher is a reinforced version, and is designed to be inserted vertically into the Launcher, unlike the standard Light Launcher Winder, which is inserted horizontally. The Winder features a vertical handle, which provides better grip and allows a more powerful launch. The LL2 Winder is incompatible with the standard Light Launcher. A textured area and indented finger grips are incorporated into the Launcher for comfortable grip. The Light Launcher 2 offers a more powerful launch than a standard Light Launcher, but is still overshadowed by the BeyLauncher and its variants.
The Light Launcher 2 suffers from high recoil which makes it difficult to perform a steady launch. Another major flaw in this Launcher is that it gets rougher after usage, resulting in frequent and unwanted weak launches at times.
The Light Launcher 2 was first released separately in BB-87, and is now included with nearly every new release. The Left Spin counterpart of the Light Launcher 2 was released with L Drago Destroy and has the same features as the original.

Overall-
Even though the Light Launcher 2 provides a more powerful launch, the recoil issues and roughness are few of the reasons to avoid it. These should be used only when BeyLaunchers are unavailable.
Please let me know whether you all liked it or not! I have made it a point to capitalize the first letters in 'Launchers', 'Winders', etc. as they are copyrighted terms introduced by TT. Smile
(Dec. 03, 2011  4:14 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: stuff

Well, it is a infinitely better version of mine. Confused Good Job, you should write more articles!
(Dec. 03, 2011  9:06 AM)Uwik Wrote: It should probably mentioned under Grip Support that it has slots to hold 2 AAA batteries, 1 from each end to add weight.

Huh? What do you mean? The Grip Support has only has space for one AA battery?
(Dec. 03, 2011  4:43 PM)Kei Wrote: Huh? What do you mean? The Grip Support has only has space for one AA battery?

Ah, I forgot about that.

The Grip Support itself can only hold one battery, but I think what Uwik was getting at was that some people put a battery in the space that goes directly inside the handle.

AkirasDaddy's video demonstrates this, though I'm not entirely sure if the battery stays in place inside the handle.
Yes, the end of the Grip Support that connects to the Launcher Grip holds the 2nd battery quite well. Iirc, the instruction demonstrates both batteries placements.
Cool I think this is a good idea. The sections for the angle compass and LED sight are gonna a little dry since they're useless but oh well. Can we work on the HMS and Plastics one as well while the MFB is being done? If so then i'll do some stuff since i've owned about 4 of the plastics ones and one of the HMS and i'm pretty sure I know all the colours the plastic customize grip comes in.

In addition of the thing in article we should have a part for the customize grip accessories. Here's a full list of them:

Grips(Rubber and metal: I guess they should have individual articles to explain how they work since they're different?)
Metal Trigger
Spring support
Sniper compass
Sniper scope
Roller support

Also another thing the shooter and grips article currently lacks for plastics is 3 of the early types of launcher grip shown in the picture on this thread:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...cs-On-Hold
(Dec. 03, 2011  4:54 PM)Byser Wrote: Ah, I forgot about that.

The Grip Support itself can only hold one battery, but I think what Uwik was getting at was that some people put a battery in the space that goes directly inside the handle.

AkirasDaddy's video demonstrates this, though I'm not entirely sure if the battery stays in place inside the handle.

Oh, okay. Does TAKARA-TOMY specifically promote this on the instructions of something? I'm looking at the Grip Support instructions and there is a couple diagrams depicting what seems to be two AA batteries being inserted into the Grip Support (one on each end, which is impossible), rather than one AA in the Grip Support and two AAA in the Launcher Grip itself. Here is one of them:

[Image: dsc00860ky.jpg]

I'm just wondering, because in the WBO Official Rules it says:

Illegal Modification Wrote:Any modification of the Launcher or Launcher Grip that affects it in any way that is not explicitly approved in the "Legal Modification" section of this guide.

Adding weights (batteries) to the Launcher Grip is not explicitly approved in the "Legal Modification" section, so the only way that it would be technically legal is if TAKARA-TOMY approved such an addition somewhere.

(Yes, I know I'm being nitpicky).
Yes, that is what I meant. Two AAA was a typo, it should've been two AA. Also, it's legal for WBBA tournaments. The two batteries are intentional and approved.
Hm...
This seems weird, though.
The battery is not functional(doesn't provide any current to anything), but just in there to add weight?! :\
Or, did I misinterpret it?
UltraBlader- Um, I own one Power Shooter/Catapult Shooter or something... I really do not know what is its official name, but it has a section which slides about another, making it ideal for banking/slide shots.
So, should that be included? Or have you already included it? If you have, then which of those is its name? I'll like to write on it. Smile

EDIT- Boom! Ignore my question, Ultra. I didn't see the link at the bottom... It kinda looked like a part of your sig, as it was so close... Sorry! Smile
The link you gave contains the pic of the so-called 'Catapult Grip' which I own. Can I try to write?
Probably wouldn't make sense since there's already a section with info on it in the present article but it's not my decision and I haven't looked at it so it may not be up to the standards wanted by Shab.
Ah, yes.
I think that article should include that the Catapult Grip was quite useful for Attack type users, as it allowed easy Slide Shots. Smile
Then again, there is the Slide Shooter, which was shown in the link you provided...
The name itself implies that it might have been useful for slide shots, but I simply know nothing about it whatsoever. So, its upon Shab and Kei whether this part should be added to that article or not. Smile
(Dec. 03, 2011  5:40 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Can we work on the HMS and Plastics one as well while the MFB is being done? If so then i'll do some stuff since i've owned about 4 of the plastics ones and one of the HMS and i'm pretty sure I know all the colours the plastic customize grip comes in.

In addition of the thing in article we should have a part for the customize grip accessories. Here's a full list of them:

Grips(Rubber and metal: I guess they should have individual articles to explain how they work since they're different?)
Metal Trigger
Spring support
Sniper compass
Sniper scope
Roller support

Also another thing the shooter and grips article currently lacks for plastics is 3 of the early types of launcher grip shown in the picture on this thread:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...cs-On-Hold

Yeah you can definitely work on plastics and HMS! We just wanted MFB to be a priority. Do you mind making complete lists for each of the plastic and HMS articles, just like I did for MFB? I know absolutely nothing about the two past series.

For the Launcher stuff, just include every Launcher, Grip, and Accessory known to man in your list, haha. The section we currently have can definitely be split up if it needs to be. If you are unsure (or if I didn't actually answer the question correctly), you should ask Kei about that.
Ok here you go then:

plastics

Grips
Spring shooter
Catapault grip
Sliding Shooter
Marksman Grip
EZ shooter grip
Beygrip shooter
Dranzer/driger/Dragoon shooter
RC Shooter
Deutron launcher
Customize grip:
Accesories for customize grip:
Metal Trigger
Spring support
Sniper compass
Sniper scope
Roller support

Shooters
Already covered in the shooter and grip article

HMS
Already covered apart from the the accesories for the grip which are:
Rubber grip
Trigger