Launcher Modifications

No, because it is clearly and blatantly illegal. There is no point in posting information like that here.

Your Creations is the proper place to post fanciful ideas about things that have no bearing whatsoever on competitive play.
excuse me, if I replace a standard string of the R-String Launcher that long about 50cm into longer string that long of 80cm, is it illegal..?

still curious that's illegal or not, because there're some modification about replacing longer string of the beylauncher videos on youtube.. Speechless
Are you asking if you can replace the standard string with a string that is longer?
If so, then yes that would be illegal.
(Jun. 30, 2013  11:21 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Are you asking if you can replace the standard string with a string that is longer?
If so, then yes that would be illegal.

yes, replace standard string with a string that is longer..
oh okay then, thanks before.. ^^
A few of my Beylaunchers have frayed strings that drastically weaken launch power. Is it legal for me to replace the strings with other strings exactly the same length?
(Jul. 01, 2013  3:50 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: A few of my Beylaunchers have frayed strings that drastically weaken launch power. Is it legal for me to replace the strings with other strings exactly the same length?

It would also have to be exactly the same string, not just a string of the same length.
Would it be illegal if your string launcher broke and you replaced the string whith a longer string
(Jul. 01, 2013  4:30 PM)genbull9817 Wrote: Would it be illegal if your string launcher broke and you replaced the string whith a longer string

Absolutely, that would be very illegal.
I twisted my ripcord from a Hasbro string launcher so it was easier to grip is that illegal?
(Jul. 01, 2013  10:40 PM)nupmuk Wrote: I twisted my ripcord from a Hasbro string launcher so it was easier to grip is that illegal?

What do you mean by "twisted" ?
Here's my question about string launchers in general.

I personally have a really strong launch, and I pull really hard.

Underneath the prongs, there is a slip mechanism that prevents the gears from breaking under a very hard launch via 'slipping,' (which I often see in testing videos where the bey just falls off all terribly), or under certain angles (which severely limits the amount of banking potential you have).

What I've noticed is, is that using certain string launchers, 'the slip' would occur very often, while other string launchers I own do not ever slip, ever (I own about 5 string launchers).

As a result I've applied some thick tape along the slip mechanism underneath the prongs on the ones that slip to prevent the slip from occurring.

Is this illegal?

I know that altering the launcher from it's intended use and function (which in this case is to prevent breakage of the gears), is generally considered illegal, but this mod doesn't change the power level of the launcher, it just prevents it from skipping which yields a 100% consistent reproduction of launch (which is crucial in tournament and competitive play).

Thoughts?
Or should I just keep buying a ton of string launchers until I get more that do not slip?

[Image: CiY1yMl.jpg]
Launchers really do not skip that much, so no, that is still illegal.
Ok in that picture I can see the bump on the plastic piece that holds the prongs. that bump needs to lineup in a coordinating spot on the underside of the prongs. if that one is loose, it is completely legal to swap those parts with any other that matches up, and you can use them straight off of a ripcord launcher. So its not the entire string launcher it's just the prongs and the support piece under it, and you can completely replace those.
(Dec. 05, 2013  2:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Launchers really do not skip that much, so no, that is still illegal.

I guess that's just what I dislike about the 'competitive' aspect of the game.
There's no 100% consistency. 'They do not skip that much...?'
The: 'That much' part really gets me.

Why not make it: "They will not skip. Ever."

Launcher skipping if you were to make a comparison to competitive video games would be like this: Your buttons on your controller will sometimes not activate, just because. And you're not allowed to fix it. It will just happen. And you can lose the match because of a single press. Just because.

I only make this comparison, because I am part of a company that creates competitive video game peripherals; so I am constantly surrounded by the competitive scene (I went to EVO 2013 this year, the biggest tournament in the year for competitive fighting games). Controllers... tools... they are supposed to work 100% of the time. Every time. And that's what's expected out of a competitive tool. And we fix them if they start acting funny.

Putting tape in the plastic ring makes every launcher work 100% of the time.
Consistency.
Working when it is supposed to work.
Not a mod, like replacing the string for more power.
Or replacing the prongs, for unintended use with different beyblades.
It's making it work how it should.
Shoot the beyblade, at the power level the player intends to launch it at.

I know there are rules, and they should be followed, but it never made sense to me why a rule that makes something consistent and work 'as intended,' illegal. If anything, I think it makes it more competitive.

And I do want this game to be more competitive, I like that there is such a heavy level of customization in the game. And that there is a lot of strategy.

But to some, a 100% power pull for them, might be only 70% power for others.
And that 30% gap in power (or whatever it may be), can make the difference in skipping, and not skipping. Where as, a little tape, will ensure a pull regardless of the power. (And this difference in power, is also the reason why users have different results in testing threads, especially with attack types).

I guess I will have to rummage through my launchers til I get a good plastic piece, though, if there really is no way to overrule this rule.

Am I allowed to replace the entire contraption? Including prongs?
Yes I recommend changing both pieces with the ones from a ripcord launcher. USUALLY the ones that come together matchup best with each other...
If you wanna find a good 'gear' or whatever it's called, just get one from a ripcord launcher (as Coach said), and stick it on the string launcher without screwing it yet. Wind it to the right if it's a right string launcher, and left for a left string launcher. If it's tight and doesn't budge easily, then that one won't skip as much. You sorta need some pressure for this because obviously if you do it lightly it's not gonna move, and you want to hear that sound of when the two bumps on the 'gear' move to the indents.

If that makes sense, lol.
A couple years ago, I modified a 3-Segment Grip by cutting out the walls of the part that keeps the grip's handle and other attachments from being configured a particular way. Is it still legal? In any configuration?

Regular configuration: (Click to View)
Modified configuration: (Click to View)

Also, would it be tournament-legal to launch a Beyblade with a grip and launcher configured like this? (Click to View)
There's definitely enough space for even the widest Beyblade to be launched without obstruction.

EDIT: #lefty problems
(Apr. 24, 2014  11:37 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: A couple years ago, I modified a 3-Segment Grip by cutting out the walls of the part of the launcher that keeps the grip's handle and other attachments from being configured a particular way. Is it still legal? In any configuration?

Regular configuration: (Click to View)
Modified configuration: (Click to View)

Also, would it be tournament-legal to launch a Beyblade with a grip and launcher configured like this? (Click to View)
There's definitely enough space for even the widest Beyblade to be launched without obstruction.

Looks kinda weird, but if it not affect performances of launcher/beyblade, think it will be ok