Launcher Modifications

A few things about launchers I'd like to touch up on:

If your string on your Beylauncher L is frayed, can it be switched with a Beylauncher R string? I don't always like getting hit with the L handle. I'm sure the majority of you can sympathize.

Can we discuss modding plastic launchers to fit MFB? We all agree that winder-based MFB launchers are extremely flawed and from what I've heard, plastic launchers make a vast improvement to this problem. Although an argument can be made that not all plastic beyblades are easy to get a hold of, the launchers aren't all that hard.

I've done a DIY on a 8000 RPM ELECTRONIC Launcher, and it went swell.

Also, we decided to do a Plastic and Hasbro Light Launcher prong exchange, turns out the gear is messed up if you try that. So I was really into what Deikailo said right there..

Would that be allowed? Also, what are those really long rip-cords called they used to make?
Care to elaborate on "the gear is messed up"? I haven't actually tried this, but from what Guardian Odin mentioned to me two years ago, it can be done.

Dragon winders?

Currently, the rules don't cover handle/string exchange and the rules forbid modding plastic launchers. I created this thread to discuss the two modifications I listed and to clarify anyone else's questions of modifications in accordance with the WBO rules.
(Sep. 02, 2011  2:00 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Would that be allowed? Also, what are those really long rip-cords called they used to make?
IIRC, those winders are called Neo Winders.
The only thing I can see as perhaps being legal in this whole thread is exchanging the strings. However, we would have to know for sure which Beylaunchers have apparently longer strings, and thicker ones as well. Does it always leave the whole mechanism unaffected ?

The rest is totally illegal.
(Sep. 02, 2011  2:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The only thing I can see as perhaps being legal in this whole thread is exchanging the strings. However, we would have to know for sure which Beylaunchers have apparently longer strings, and thicker ones as well. Does it always leave the whole mechanism unaffected ?

Someone mistakenly took my beylauncher L at a tournament. When I got it back, it had an orange hasbro string instead. Have to say that was actually the most reliable launcher I've ever used.

Why is it illegal and what would be the problem with making it legal?

String exchange doesn't change the whole mechanism at all.

Thanks guys for the winder stuff.

See Deikailo, whenever I exchange a Plastic Prong on Hasbro Light Launcher, it stops working. Video should be up soon of the time it was working.
I am into the beyblade mechanic stuff, and am interested in to this thread, the strings and handle do not effect the performance of a bey, and if a string is longer/shorter, it effects the bey minorly, also they do not harm the mechanism inside, as the string chamber is on the opposite side to the spiralspring chamber.

Also swapping generations parts over, maybe you could take a picture of the internal parts, as if there is no change, it's just another outer shell look, as it would still perform the same.
well I made a custom launcher grip, which is shaped like a bow, but it's got a string launcher attached and you use it normally, i was wondering if thats illegal. also I once tried doing the switch over, but for some reason it didn't work very well.

also how would you cnage the strings?
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:15 AM)Nwolf Wrote: well I made a custom launcher grip, which is shaped like a bow, but it's got a string launcher attached and you use it normally, i was wondering if thats illegal.

Post photographs.
(Sep. 02, 2011  2:10 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2011  2:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The only thing I can see as perhaps being legal in this whole thread is exchanging the strings. However, we would have to know for sure which Beylaunchers have apparently longer strings, and thicker ones as well. Does it always leave the whole mechanism unaffected ?

Someone mistakenly took my beylauncher L at a tournament. When I got it back, it had an orange hasbro string instead. Have to say that was actually the most reliable launcher I've ever used.

Why is it illegal and what would be the problem with making it legal?

Something similar was asked previously, but this is how I interpret it:

Legal Modification, WBO Standard Rules 4.0 Wrote:You may exchange the parts between launchers as long as you do not modify the original technical design of the launcher.

Since the handles of the two strings would be different, I would constitute this as changing the "original technical design of the launcher". I don't have a particular viewpoint with regards to changing it.
Yeah, kind of want to know why that rule is there in the first place. I mean, we're not Takara-Tomy so it's a matter of they don't want mods because they want you to buy their parts/design. I would love some alternative to the beylauncher other than light launchers that skip.
(Sep. 05, 2011  3:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:15 AM)Nwolf Wrote: well I made a custom launcher grip, which is shaped like a bow, but it's got a string launcher attached and you use it normally, i was wondering if thats illegal.

Post photographs.

Ok I will if I can find a camera thats not failing on me...
I made a string plastic jen launcher as my mod. PM me and I will tell you how to make one too
http://worldbeyblade.org/uploads/avatars...1319056895 This is my platic gen string launcher
(Sep. 06, 2011  9:00 AM)♥ Wrote: Something similar was asked previously, but this is how I interpret it:

Legal Modification, WBO Standard Rules 4.0 Wrote:You may exchange the parts between launchers as long as you do not modify the original technical design of the launcher.

Since the handles of the two strings would be different, I would constitute this as changing the "original technical design of the launcher". I don't have a particular viewpoint with regards to changing it.

OK. But we let people use a string launcher when the handle is completely broken off, and that is clearly not in the original technical design of the launcher... Doesn't that meet the same criteria you used in the example above? If not, why?
You could argue that it is part of the original technical design that the handle is fragile and will hit things when coming back into the launcher, hah.
Yo, I have been really thinking of putting plastic prongs on some of my launchers, would this be considered illegal? I mean it only helps the game.. :V
(Oct. 19, 2011  10:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You could argue that it is part of the original technical design that the handle is fragile and will hit things when coming back into the launcher, hah.

You crack me up! (just like a launcher handle) Smile

Actually I have given this some further thought. Instead of looking at the individual launcher as being the source of original technical design for the handle, might we look at the entire class of launchers as being the original source? Or look at the entire class of beylaunchers in terms of interpreting intended use?

For example, ♥ makes the point that the beylauncher-L has a different (larger) handle than the beylauncher. One might interpret this as meaning that TT had no intent to let right spinning beyblades be pulled by a larger handle. But, the L/R launcher also has a larger handle which can be used to pull left spinning and right spinning beyblades. To me, that shows that TT has no intent to restrict large handle pulling for right spinning beyblades, and as such we should allow the beylauncher-L handle to be used interchangably with the beylauncher.
^ This ^ is my POV
I think TAKARA-TOMY's logic was more : "L Drago is able to spin left, so it deserves a special handle; Perseus is able to spin left, so it deserves a special handle." The special handles are either for left-spin or exclusively dual-spin launchers, not right-spin ones, therefore.
(Oct. 21, 2011  6:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think TAKARA-TOMY's logic was more : "L Drago is able to spin left, so it deserves a special handle; Perseus is able to spin left, so it deserves a special handle." The special handles are either for left-spin or exclusively dual-spin launchers, not right-spin ones, therefore.

OK. From a product marketing standpoint I can buy that. But, TT always knew that the L/R launcher would be used to pull other right spin beys than Gravity Perseus, so there was never any intent to restrict large handle use to left spinning beys only.

That being the case, I don't see how there is any functional change or any advantage to attaching a beylauncher-L handle to a beylauncher-R. It would have exactly the same effect as though the large handle were pulling a right-spinning bey on the L/R launcher.
Does it really make any significant performance difference having the larger handle? I mean, tbh it's supposed to "slip" out of your fingers when the string is fully extended, the smaller handle would do that better.

Also, isn't it in the rules that we can use a launcher with a broken handle or whatever?
I have seen some people using an HMS launcher with MFB, they changed the prongs. I tried to do that, the prongs' diameter was too big. They let me try theirs, and it was surprisingly smooth and let out powerful launches. Is it illegal? Has anyone tried this successfully? Sorry for the questions, I'm just really curious, hah.
(Oct. 21, 2011  7:59 AM)JCx06 Wrote: I have seen some people using an HMS launcher with MFB, they changed the prongs. I tried to do that, the prongs' diameter was too big. They let me try theirs, and it was surprisingly smooth and let out powerful launches. Is it illegal? Has anyone tried this successfully? Sorry for the questions, I'm just really curious, hah.

Of course it is illegal.
(Oct. 20, 2011  8:33 PM)Dan Wrote: Yo, I have been really thinking of putting plastic prongs on some of my launchers, would this be considered illegal? I mean it only helps the game.. :V
I you want I could tell you how if you pm me I posted a picture of mine