Launcher Modifications

I modded my brother's DuoTron launcher to hold plastic generation beys. It worked perfectly with a Neo Winder... Chocked_2
I kinda liked it, actually, but I just hate the short grip on the DuoTron. I need a plastic gen grip, hah.
They made a Duotron launcher in the plastic generation. Sucked as bad as the MFB one, too. :\
(Oct. 22, 2011  7:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: They made a Duotron launcher in the plastic generation. Sucked as bad as the MFB one, too. :\

As I recall, the two are actually almost identical molds - with different prongs/gears, of course, but still. Didn't Takara release a Duotron-type launcher for HMS? I seem to recall...
No HMS Duotron launcher..but i remembered that i saw a HMS launcher with dual launching purpose too..idk the names..and i hope i dont get confused,but it uses string???really not sure bout this...but i am positive there is HMS laucher with double launching purpose..haha
There is, its realsed in the set A-126 i think.It has blue dragoon MS, gold gaia dragoon, black wvyen Dj , blue draciel MS (not sure lol) and 2 HMS deutron launchers and a HMS tornado balance.
(Oct. 22, 2011  1:21 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2011  7:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: They made a Duotron launcher in the plastic generation. Sucked as bad as the MFB one, too. :\

As I recall, the two are actually almost identical molds - with different prongs/gears, of course, but still. Didn't Takara release a Duotron-type launcher for HMS? I seem to recall...

Yeah, the externals look the same to me, from memory.

And yes, they did: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Shooters_2
The prongs on the beylauncher/L beyluancher/LR beylauncer will almost always revolve 7.5 times. Give and take a deviation of +-1/3 spin.

Over time, the string on the beylauncher will get shorter. This is because the string is made of two parts, a fluffy interior and a braid shielded exterior. Over time, the braid shielded exterior will definitely shrink hence the revolution loss but usually it wont hit below 7 revolutions and the interior for some will just stick out forming a fluffy bush =\.

When getting a string replacement, ensure its about 50cm (19.5 ~ 20" ). A lil more should be fine as long as it doenst exceed the 7.5 revolution limit. Thats the max it should go.
I actually put some tape around the handle of my L/R Beylauncher. What it does is that it makes the collision between the handle and the launcher softer, so it prevents the handle from breaking. Also it makes the handle slightly heavier, so it flies around less and hurts less. I was just wondering - is this legal ?
(Oct. 26, 2011  10:38 AM)Shirish Shukla Wrote: I actually put some tape around the handle of my L/R Beylauncher. What it does is that it makes the collision between the handle and the launcher softer, so it prevents the handle from breaking. Also it makes the handle slightly heavier, so it flies around less and hurts less. I was just wondering - is this legal ?

No, the Beylauncher Suspension and Beylauncher Rubber exist for that purpose.
Actually what he meant is to add some kind of buffer because when the string retracts, the plastic from the handle will impact with the gold metal ring on the launcher. Over time the handle will crack.

The Launcher Rubber doesnt really protect you against that and the Suspension... it prevents that but thats cos its too heavy to retract back quickly.. haha.

Its not for added grip, but tab protection.
A tiny rubber or foam o-ring that rides on the string but doesn't touch the handle would be interesting. In my opinion, it wouldn't change performance of the launcher, wouldn't affect the weight or movement of the handle, but would reduce/eliminate the "crack back" effect of the handle hitting the launcher body.

Of course my opinion isn't the one that counts from an official standpoint, so I am merely bringing this up as a discussion point. (to be clear)
(Oct. 26, 2011  3:04 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Actually what he meant is to add some kind of buffer because when the string retracts, the plastic from the handle will impact with the gold metal ring on the launcher. Over time the handle will crack.

The Launcher Rubber doesnt really protect you against that and the Suspension... it prevents that but thats cos its too heavy to retract back quickly.. haha.

The Launcher Rubbers actually are extremely proficient in their intended purpose. I'm not sure why you have the impression they are not - I used to bruise my knuckles constantly with the handle on my Beylauncher. Now, no forceful contact comes from it at all.
There is a portion of the tab which is not covered by the rubber. He're referring to a scenario where the exposed point were to impact with the beylauncher itself upon return. I've seen many players who let go of the tab and because of this tendency, the impact caused between the tab and the metal ring on the launcher will result in a crack over time.

What Shirish Shukla was referring to was the portion.

[Image: beypic.jpg]

Basically its the blue and yellow points which I've circled.

Picture was taken from http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/coution090729.html
(Oct. 26, 2011  6:16 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2011  3:04 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Actually what he meant is to add some kind of buffer because when the string retracts, the plastic from the handle will impact with the gold metal ring on the launcher. Over time the handle will crack.

The Launcher Rubbers actually are extremely proficient in their intended purpose. I'm not sure why you have the impression they are not - I used to bruise my knuckles constantly with the handle on my Beylauncher. Now, no forceful contact comes from it at all.

Yes, launcher rubbers perform their function very well. But, there's more to it. You see, BeyLaunchers go through extremely powerful jolts, jerks and shocks. There is a need of a certain 'shock absorber'. What Shirish has done is one way of doing it.
Then, what Arupaeo suggested (Rubber Ring) is also another way of doing it. But, Arupaeo's method is somewhat more complicated and quite inaccessible. I do not know if there is a way of putting the rubber ring into the string by opening the BeyLauncher. I assume that Arupaeo 'expects' TT to do something similar.
There's a metal ring at the point the string comes out, though. But, metal doesn't really absorb the shock. I wonder what is the purpose of that ring...
EDIT- DANG! Beaten by 9 minutes! I blame it on YouTube! I was posting a reply but I think the Kai VS. Brooklyn episode was quite engrossing.
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:51 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: There is a portion of the tab which is not covered by the rubber. He're referring to a scenario where the exposed point were to impact with the beylauncher itself upon return. I've seen many players who let go of the tab and because of this tendency, the impact caused between the tab and the metal ring on the launcher will result in a crack over time.

What Shirish Shukla was referring to was the portion.

[Image: beypic.jpg]

Basically its the blue and yellow points which I've circled.

Picture was taken from http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/coution090729.html
Agree to what Pcyborg told here..i tried rubber launcher..it dont protect the "blue and yellow points"
usually,normal "solid" color launchers dont have any problem..but the translucent/transparent string launchers are cracking quickly..

Ive tried taking all the gears out and putting it back together it works!
(Nov. 20, 2011  1:23 AM)xXAresXx Wrote: Ive tried taking all the gears out and putting it back together it works!

Of course it does. Stop posting such pointless things.
I had to modify my launcher because I'm left handed, so I launch with my left hand, Takara-Tomy made only 1 grip/launcher for my needs which I can never find, which is really not fair. Before I customized it I went on line & looked at the rules & regulations, my customized left handed Launcher is totally legit & legal. All that being said I think its pretty Stereotypical that there is only 1 grip in the whole world that can be for left handed people.
How did you modify your launcher ?
(Feb. 19, 2012  5:01 PM)thermal wolf113 Wrote: I had to modify my launcher because I'm left handed, so I launch with my left hand, Takara-Tomy made only 1 grip/launcher for my needs which I can never find, which is really not fair. Before I customized it I went on line & looked at the rules & regulations, my customized left handed Launcher is totally legit & legal. All that being said I think its pretty Stereotypical that there is only 1 grip in the whole world that can be for left handed people.

The grip that can be used by lefties is the cheapest and most common grip online, right now...
.. Would this mean you actually shoot your Beyblade inwards, towards yourself?

How could you..!!!
...what? The 3 Segment Launcher Grip can be adjusted to launch forward just like any other grip, except with your left hand... unless you are talking about his modification that he did not give specifics on...?
hmm. I got a mini 4WD model motor. It is called Plasma dash motor by tamiya. runs for 25000 rpm. If I made a special casing and the. attach to the prongs, the bey will spin hell fast though. totally illegal.
That concept properly belongs somewhere in my creations.
(Feb. 22, 2012  3:31 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: That concept properly belongs somewhere in my creations.

wouldn't this belongs here because it's a launcher modification as well?