Last movie you watched

Yesterday, I watched Big Daddy (Adam Sandler)... lol
- Shutter Island

Most of the people that saw this with me did not like it very much, mostly because it actually requires thinking to comprehend, but I really enjoyed it. I'd like to watch it again sometime.
The last week I´d seen 2033
I watched 8 Mile. I wasn't allowed to have it because it was an 18. But it was a birthday present from a friend, so I just watched it... it's a really touching movie about the rapstar, Eminem.
So, yesterday, I watched a movie called "Trailer Park Boys"...

Rarely was it given to me to see such a dull and stupid movie...it could very well be the worst movie I've ever seen...
I just watched the day after tomorrow. I watched it like 3 days ago. and then yesterday I watched one of my favorite pokemon movies ever. pokemon the first movie mewtwo strikes back.
(Mar. 07, 2010  2:43 PM)Dude Wrote: So, yesterday, I watched a movie called "Trailer Park Boys"...

Rarely was it given to me to see such a dull and stupid movie...it could very well be the worst movie I've ever seen...

You're not Canadian are you?
Actually I believe he is.
Oh, lol. Just seemed he didn't know what The Trailer Park Boys were and I don't know anyone in our country who doesn't. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that's the highest grossing Canadian movie of all time in Canada...
That's kind of sad actually.
Well, I'm a french canadian, we kinda don't know much of what's happening in the english side of our country...

It's probably just the french dubbing that made it seem so horrible, those are always terrible. It did have a few good moments, like when...Ricky, I think, talks with his father. But the ending is so dumb.

Anyway, just my opinion...I just think Canada could probably do a lot better...

EDIT: If it's the canadian movie with the highest gross revenue, that's really sad, because, according to wikipedia, the gross revenue is only of 2.83 million dollars with a budget of 6 million. They didn't even top their budget.

EDIT 2: Maybe this is just a misunderstanding. I've seen that there is "Trailer Park Boys: The movie" and "Trailer Park Boys: Countdown To Liquor Day" I've seen the second one.
The last film I watched was Avatar 3D
i just finished "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"
I actually did some research. Bon Cop, Bad Cop is the highest grossing Canadian Movie in Canada of all time (Porky's is Number 1 in all time adjusted). But it made $11 million of it's $12 million gross in Quebec... which kind of reflects how our country is. English Canada is bombarded by American influence, and generally looks down upon our own productions, or at the very least, ignores them. Where as French Canada relishes in what they've made, which is why Canada's highest grossing films tend to be from Quebec. Like honestly, outside of Passchendaele (which bombed), and the Trailer Park Boys movies I can't name a single recent English Canadian movie that wasn't paid for by Americans, or made for TV (lol King Of The Camp). That's pretty bad.

EDIT- One Week doesn't count, that's an advertisement for Tourism Canada, lol. And if that Bakugan movie ever gets made it doesn't count either.
Québec power, I guess...Although it's probably the only good french canadian film I know...

On another topic, I am now going to complain about a movie that won six Oscars. Yeah, The Hurt Locker. Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing and, finally, best sound mixing. I don't get why it got a single of those but hey, they're are those years where the Oscars just don't have any good movies. They had Avatar and maybe Inglorious Basters but that's pretty much it.

I mean seriously, this terrible movie beat Avatar for Best Picture? This is a joke.

EDIT: Hell, it was apparently better than not just Avatar, but also Inglorious Basters, Up and District 9? I just can't believe that.
(Mar. 07, 2010  6:32 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: i just finished "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

That is SO funny!
I've watched it like 5 times!
It might be too rude to discuss here though....
watched teen wolf yesterday
classically cheesy
Just watched Braveheart the other night,Mel Gibson is a realy good actor all of his movies ive seen are realy good
Just watched Enchino Man.
(Mar. 13, 2010  7:39 AM)SilverWind Wrote: Just watched Enchino Man.
Attempt to add more to your post, such as a criticism of the movie.
Frailty

It was a pretty cool small movie. Did begin to get too convulted in the end, and I predicted the twist in the beginning of the movie, but still pretty cool.
Yesterday I watched Green Zone with 3 friends - Adam, Kane and Bowen.

The movie was pretty good - if you like alot of gun fire and explosions. Cute
It was well worth the $8 it cost me for the ticket.

The female reporter got annoying though I guess thats what you gotta be like if you wanna be in the media business - to get all the facts etc.
So, I suddenly got really interested in the movies that won the Academy Awards, this year, after seeing the incredibly huge disappointment that was "The Hurt Locker". I wondered "If they'd give six academy awards to such a terrible movie, what about the other winners?"

So I saw 'Precious' Based on some novel I forgot. This movie won two awards, but it deserved them way, way, WAY more than the Hurt Locker did. Wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was certainly not bad in any way.

Next, I saw 'The Blind Side' starring Sandra Bullock who ridiculously won a Razzberry award the day before winning an oscar. Very smooth, judges. Anyway, this is what you call a movie. It had feelings. It had heart and it had soul. Things a lot of movies (Like the Hurt Locker) seem to be missing, these days.