[LTD] Wolf 100R2F

So I'm back with my third custom. The other two were fairly unsuccessful, and I have a hunch this will follow the trend. This isn't as much of a "wow, I found a top tier combo!" sort of thread as much as it is a "this looks interesting..." sort of thread. It should be noted that I do not have a Metal Face of any sorts, with the only one I own in storage. I'm fairly certain this combo would perform better with one.

Parts Choice

The Launch

Tests

So there it is. Like I said, not amazing, but not totally unusable.
I didn't provide defence testing because defence kills this combo. I also only have one rubber attack tip, as mentioned before, so I couldn't test against attack either. Any tests would be appreciated! I will take requests, but I have a very limited amount of parts good for limited, so I apologise in advance.
A good attack type will really need the ability to KO defense. Even the numbers against stamina are quite low.

I know you said this thing is just an interesting combo, but again at what I said above.
I was waiting for you to post this, haha. Saw you doing something here in the who's online list (yah, I'm like constantly stocking you guys, LOL).

That said: Interesting, sure, but wheeeeesh, those are some really horrible numbers. Confused 45% against Stamina... wow.

Well, at least we can be fairly certain that wolf bombs LTAC setups at this point, haha (again, no offense to you, just that the wheel is pretty much garbage - which, I might add, we wouldn't have known if you didn't post testing Wink).
Ah, I personally expected it to do way worse, so I was a bit surprised. Yah, the light weight really killed it even though Scythe isn't terribly heavy.

Oh well, haha.
wow, are you kidding me! i was always thinking about wolf in limited format, so looks like it's time people know about it now!
(Mar. 25, 2014  8:24 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: wow, are you kidding me! i was always thinking about wolf in limited format, so looks like it's time people know about it now!

The results aren't that great (no offense Dual) so I don't know what you're getting so worked up about haha.
i know but i think wolf is cool, that's all, but i think possibly MF-H wolf 85 rf/r2f/lrf might be pretty goodWink
That's essentially what I just tested.
I was thinking of something similar, but with Capricorne.

Anyways, I find the test results quite good, but they're definitely not the best results one can ever see. I'd be willing to help preform some tests, if you'd like. Just PM if you'd like help. Smile

I'd love to see tests against Burn_230MB. I tried them with a Capricorne attacker, and it lost more than half of the battles. It would definitely be a threat to Wolf, no doubt.
Like I mentioned in the OP, any tests would be nice.

I don't own an MB, sorry.
(Mar. 25, 2014  9:23 PM)|Midnight| Wrote: I find the test results quite good

Er... they're actually beyond horrible, haha. Like, really, really bad. XD

Again, though, Dual specifically stated he didn't think the combo was necessarily good, so there's no reason to think that he's nuts or anything. In fact, I'm actually really really glad these results are here, as I don't own Wolf, nor have I ever seen one in action, so this information is definitely valuable.

It actually kinda annoys me sometimes when people get horrible results with something and then don't post them (which I myself am very guilty of), because TBH finding out what parts are bad is no less important than finding out which parts are good. Testing is testing, regardless of how the results turn out.

More information is never a bad thing.
(Mar. 25, 2014  9:36 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2014  9:23 PM)|Midnight| Wrote: I find the test results quite good

Er... they're actually beyond horrible, haha. Like, really, really bad. XD

Again, though, Dual specifically stated he didn't think the combo was necessarily good, so there's no reason to think that he's nuts or anything. In fact, I'm actually really really glad these results are here, as I don't own Wolf, nor have I ever seen one in action, so this information is definitely valuable.

It actually kinda annoys me sometimes when people get horrible results with something and then don't post them (which I myself am very guilty of), because TBH finding out what parts are bad is no less important than finding out which parts are good. Testing is testing, regardless of how the results turn out.

More information is never a bad thing.
Now let's not jump to conclusions.

But yah, I was honestly expecting Wolf to hit way lower numbers just due to it's lightness, so I kinda got excited for nothing, haha.

I guess I've found a place in the customisations forum then, I can be the one who posts bad test results XD
(Mar. 25, 2014  9:30 PM)Dual Wrote: Like I mentioned in the OP, any tests would be nice.

I don't own an MB, sorry.
I wouldn't mind preforming a couple. PM me. Smile
(Mar. 25, 2014  9:48 PM)Dual Wrote: Now let's not jump to conclusions.

But yah, I was honestly expecting Wolf to hit way lower numbers just due to it's lightness, so I kinda got excited for nothing, haha.

I guess I've found a place in the customisations forum then, I can be the one who posts bad test results XD

That was more of a backup statement to make sure nobody reading the post thought that I was dissing you or anything, haha. Tongue_out

Well, when you say it like that it kinda sounds negative. They're not bad results, they're just low results (which, again, are important). Wink
I didn't mean it negatively, I just suck at wording things, haha.

midnight Ok, but couldn't you just perform the tests?
Yeah, just want to say thank you very much for testing this - even if Wolf sucks (and those numbers are truly abysmal, to be blunt about it), the data is very valuable - we definitely need to re-check this sort of thing for beywiki anyway, especially given how most things from this era were only tested under the less stringent 10-round minimum (and we had things like "well some say lightning outclasses storm" as opposed to "lightning is so blatantly better than storm we shouldn't be talking about storm").

For what it's worth, I find it interesting that you both went for low tracks - that's also where I've had the most success with Bull (and Sagittario/Leone, IIRC). Old sub-par wheels seem to like that, huh?
I don't know why people are saying that the tests are horrible, they are perfectly fine. Not everything you test has to be good. They did show that Wolf is as bad as most people thought, and that's better than no tests at all.

(Mar. 26, 2014  3:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: For what it's worth, I find it interesting that you both went for low tracks - that's also where I've had the most success with Bull (and Sagittario/Leone, IIRC). Old sub-par wheels seem to like that, huh?

It's probably because Bull has those slopes. It weighs a bit above average, taking into account the MW grams + 3 rule, so it would be cool if someone tested it, preferably on a short Track. Looking at pictures of Leone, I'd imagine it would do better on a 145/160 height setup to make use of its Smash Attack/
(Mar. 26, 2014  4:24 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't know why people are saying that the tests are horrible, they are perfectly fine. Not everything you test has to be good. They did show that Wolf is as bad as most people thought, and that's better than no tests at all.

(Mar. 26, 2014  3:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: For what it's worth, I find it interesting that you both went for low tracks - that's also where I've had the most success with Bull (and Sagittario/Leone, IIRC). Old sub-par wheels seem to like that, huh?

It's probably because Bull has those slopes. It weighs a bit above average, taking into account the MW grams + 3 rule, so it would be cool if someone tested it, preferably on a short Track. Looking at pictures of Leone, I'd imagine it would do better on a 145/160 height setup to make use of its Smash Attack/

I don't know if anyone actually said that - but both this and the capricorne thread, the authors expressed doubts about it being worthwhile or something along those lines, so I think we're all trying to reassure them that testing of combos that aren't that good is still very valuable Tongue_out

Part of it is definitely its ability to get under things, however don't take it the wrong way - it's still not very good compared to say, Screw or Vulcan, or even MF-H Pegasis CH120RF. Right now I've got other stuff I want to test before I can get to non-competitive stuff though, so I won't be the one to test it.

Leone has good synergy with R145 but it was pretty unimpressive in actual testing against Earth GB145CS, so I changed tack. It has some decent topside contact points on it, and its overhang lets it make track contact - which can be handy when you're hitting GB145/R145.

By the way Dual, not sure if Nocto just got unlucky, but he mentioned wolf getting stuck on the prongs during launching - have you had any problems along those lines?
There were a few times that it's slipped off a prong, but between testing and just random battles it's a rarity. It has never gotten stuck though. It does feel a bit weird when I place it on the launcher and I always do a double take to make sure it's secure, so there's definetely that.
Do you have the same problem with other Metal System wheels? I'm curious as to whether there's something wrong with Wolf's centre section in particular that we'd want to mention on BeyWiki.
Aquario has given me the problem a few times, and I haven't used Pegasis in a long time (the black paint is too awesome!), but if I remember correctly it did it every once in a while as well. I'll check it out tomorrow.