[LTD] Twin Ball discussion

Twin Ball discussion

Hey guys! I had some testing here on TB, so I decided to post it!

TB has always been one of my favorite Bottoms for conventional Stamina, and Limited format is no exception.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote:Earth Cancer TH220TB vs. Earth Cancer TH220D
Beys alternated launching first. Parts swapped halfway through.
TB: wins, 15/20 (all OS)
D: wins, 5/20 (all OS)
Earth Cancer TH220TB win rate: 75%

ÀW YEAH! Twin ball! Woot woot! XD These two were going pretty much even, until the parts switch... after that, D bit the dust every time.

Quote:Earth Cancer TH220TB vs. Earth Cancer W145WD
Beys alternated launching first. Identical parts swapped after 10 rounds.
TH220TH: wins, 9/20 (all OS)
W145WD: wins, 11/20 (all OS)
Earth Cancer TH220T win rate: 45%

Ooh... This concerned me a little. Confused TB's balance was a bit off near the end of the match. It certainly didn't have that kind of trouble with Duo Cancer 230TB. Let's try it a little lower... 195 is traditionally s good height for TB:

Quote:Earth Cancer TH195TB vs. Earth Cancer W145WD
Beys alternated launching first. Identical parts swapped after 10 rounds.
TH195TB: wins, 6/20 (all OS)
W145WD: wins, 14/20 (all OS)
Earth Cancer TH195TB win rate: 30%

Oh my goodness! That's not good. :o Wow... I really thought this was gonna do well. Confused

Well, seeing as this setup does extremely well with Duo/Genbull in standard format, the cause is most likely the Metal Wheel.
Let's try Burn real quick and see how that does:

Quote:Burn Cancer TH220TB vs. Burn Cancer W145WD
Beys alternated launching first. Identical parts swapped after round 10.
TH220TB: wins, 4/20 (all OS)
W145WD: wins, 16/20 (all OS)
Burn Cancer TH220TB win rate: 20%

Oh gosh... That was even worse! Unhappy I had high hopes for this part...

Well guys, it doesn't look like TB is gonna work that great in this format. My theory is that its success with Duo/Genbull has something to do with weight affecting the level of friction with the stadium floor, giving some kind of advantageous reduction of rotational recoil. On Earth and Burn, however, it seems to suffer from horrible stability at low spin velocity. If someone had time to test with Scythe/Duo, it would be much appreciated. I don't expect it to do well, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Aww, I had a bit of high hopes for TB. It does look like it's trash though. The first combos not bad, but it seems it got worse as it went down, hah.

Thanks for the tests TBD.
Damn I secretly had really high hopes for TB. Still, can you or someone else do comparatives with D in case the thing is that height matchups are more powerful in this format rather than TB sucking?

Would also be curious to see 230WD vs 230TB, but that's just me.
Eh, this isn't too promising, but I'd still like to see it on 230. Tongue_out
It might be cause it is on TH170. What about SR200?
(Jan. 01, 2014  3:12 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: It might be cause it is on TH170. What about SR200?
Obviously SR200 testing would be good, but given it works on TH170 in standard those results are an indication that it might not be as good with lighter wheels, so it'll probably need to go through the whole testing process to get onto the list, at least in my opinion.
(Jan. 01, 2014  3:12 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: It might be cause it is on TH170. What about SR200?

I've tried Duo/Phantom SR200 TB, I don't have the results on me, but they weren't too promising.
Well, I did testing on TH195, which is generally accepted as an equal alternative to SR200, so I don't think testing that would be very useful. What would be awesome is if someone could test with multiple metal wheels so we can see if anything goes well with it.

I may have some more testing up later today.
If you mean mirror match ups, I can't do that but I will definitely try 230TB on a lot of different metal wheels. I've dedicated my first day of the year to testing a bunch! I already did a lot at like 3:00 AM haha.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
I agree... That puts the nails in the coffin. :\

Darn, I was super excited about this Bottom...
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Don't you mean ScytheTB Win %?
Haha, yes sorry. It was easy to just copy then edit then past. It saves time of writing it up again.
Man, I was really excited for this part :\. I guess not :\
Well pretty much, it's nothing special. I must say though... I do think SR200 is good. TB was just the wrong tip.
Let's take this to the SR200 Discussion. Although I feel it will only work with PD.
I'm really sad I was right to leave this off the list, honestly. But I guess at least we can take a good lesson about caution from it?

Damn tho, that's a real shame, I was really excited for TB.
Yo guys give F230TB a shot. Scythe Unicorno F230TB (I'm using the kronos face that came with scythe, it's like .90g which is super light, that could help) is outspinning everything I throw at it (well, LTSC is close but TB stands up to it better than everything bar CF so far, and CF can't OS 230 stamina, it has to KO - maybe a better setup overall but I have reasons I'm trying to avoid the combo having to KO stuff). Of course perhaps it won't do as well without the advantage scythe has over the other stamina wheels, and perhaps TB needs wider wheels, but it's still a pretty ridic setup so far.

EDIT: Scratch that LTSC comment: Banking destroys it. May be unique to Scythe but yeah, TB's self-righting ability is amazing on F230 and that's what seals the deal against LTSC. Aggro defense can KO it but it's still ridic.
Do keep in mind of course that I've not thoroughly tested it and even more importantly I've so far only just begun trying various tips on F230, so there may be better choices, but I think this is a setup worth giving Twin Ball a shot on in Limited.

EDIT 2: Hm, it seems to be having trouble outspinning MF Earth Sagittario II GB145RSF - cant knock it down I guess and gets super destabilized, a number of tall track stamina combos that beat 145 stamina have that problem, so may still be good, and overall TB at least does better against LTSC than D/SD on F230. 160TB wasn't bad either.

But yeah rambling about only a couple of matches with each part (i.e. take the above with a pinch of salt) aside, I really like TB. Shame it's so easy to KO because it can't catch the ridge (meaning sometimes I find B safer despite its poorer precession) but yeah, it's nice, so hopefully there's a use for it in limited that we've just not quite stumbled onto yet.
from my own testing... TB is great for 145 height. it losing its balance if it was too high... personnaly I used tb on MF Earth Aquario AD145TB and it works really well. Losing with this isn't an option lol you could try if you want.