[LTD] Screw Discussion

(Dec. 19, 2013  11:54 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Checked my clear wheels & I couldn't find anything that hadn't been covered already except Unicorno, which seems to me to be on the same level as Uranus. My question is why use Screw when there are more viable attack wheels out there? (namely Gravity)

I have like 5 unicornos, and it's not a good CW for Screw.

As for why to use Screw over Gravity, idk to be not boring maybe?

That said, gravity is far too dominant at the moment soooooo
Or...... Maybe you don't have Gravity ? I like Screw and try not to use Gravity seen as it's kinda "Hey I'm Gravity. POW tricked you."

But yeah, from what I see we only have: Gravity, Beat, Cosmic and Screw that might get tier. Just my opinion..
Horogium > Unicorno on Screw. It may not look like it, but it does make a difference.

I think that

Screw Uranus/Pisces/Horogium 85/CH120/R145 RF/R2F
Screw Uranus/Pisces/Horogium TR145 RF

should be pushed for the top tier list.

Notes:
S130?
Maybe a TR145 MF variant? I can't test that (No TR145), but MF is still decently fast enough, and Screw has some solid stamina (I OSed a Flame 145 WD combo with Screw 85 RF through destabilization + flywheel??? Couldn't get it to KO because the stadia was dirty, WBBA tournaments...)

I'll only be able to supply 90, CH120 and R145 tests starting next year, since I'm heading off till the 31st.
My TR145 will arrive soon (today with any luck) but I find Screw to be too recoil prone for anything other than pure attack.

Screw's main competition in the parts I have is Pegasis, as the two are very similar in terms of the tracks they like and how they work, and whether or not Screw makes the list will depend on where we call the cutoff point, really.
The main competition for Screw is going to be Pegasus as I am sure that Cosmic will surpass the both of them. I could see the list with 3 or possibly 4 Metal Wheels for attack, but we still have to get the numbers first as it is still way to early to tell, that is just my prediction.

I would not mind seeing some S130 tests either.
I gave S130 a shot when I was experimenting with tracks for this thread, but it was too high for proper contact with 145 heights.

As for making the list, Screw will depend both on where we draw the line on what is or isn't "competitive" and how popular Libra is. MF-H Pegasis CH120RF/R2F is pretty great though (not so amazing against 230 even at 145 but LTSC and GB145/R145 etc all get messed up pretty bad), though if Libra is common it might miss out on a spot - though there are definitely four metal wheels and almost certainly one chrome wheel that will grab a spot for Attack no matter what. Overall though, it's really hard to determine much right now with gravity making up something like 80% of the winning combinations lists.
(Dec. 20, 2013  10:31 AM)th!nk Wrote: I gave S130 a shot when I was experimenting with tracks for this thread, but it was too high for proper contact with 145 heights.

As for making the list, Screw will depend both on where we draw the line on what is or isn't "competitive" and how popular Libra is. MF-H Pegasis CH120RF/R2F is pretty great though (not so amazing against 230 even at 145 but LTSC and GB145/R145 etc all get messed up pretty bad), though if Libra is common it might miss out on a spot - though there are definitely four metal wheels and almost certainly one chrome wheel that will grab a spot for Attack no matter what. Overall though, it's really hard to determine much right now with gravity making up something like 80% of the winning combinations lists.

Ah I see. Was not sure if S130 was too high or not.

Libra slipped my mind there for a second haha. Hopefully the Gravity number will go down as this format continues to move forward. I am sure the high number for Gravity is simply because people are not wanting to risk trying something new for the most part, though I did see some different customs in the Winning Combinations thread. Hopefully that changes soon, as I do not want to see Gravity stealing the format and then having to be potentially banned.
Can someone test Screw Uranus 100 RF VS. MF-H Libra 90 RSF? Thanks