[LTD] Omega Discussion :: Potentially Unbannable?

Just to let you guys know, I found that Pegasis III exposes Omega's contact points very well, and gives it quite a bit more smash than most other CW's.

Alright, I got some results here (pardon my lack of Metal Faces. Gotta learn not to screw my stuff in so hard XD)...

Quote:MF-L Gravity Perseus [Attack] (counter mode/right-spin) R145R2F vs. Earth Cancer GB145RSF
Cancer launched first on all launches.
Perseus: wins, 9/20 (All KO)
Cancer: wins, 11/20 (All OS)
MF-L Gravity Perseus [Attack] (counter mode/right-spin) R145R2F win rate: 45%

The bench has been marked!

Now, onto Omega!

Quote:MF-L Omega Pegasis III 85R2F vs. Earth Cancer GB145RSF
Pegasis: wins, 13/20 (All KO)
Cancer: wins, 7/20 (1 KO, 6 OS)
MF-L Omega Pegasis III 85R2F win rate: 65%

MF-L Omega Pegasis III 85R2F vs. Earth Cancer 85RSF
Pegasis: wins, 15/20 (All KO)
Cancer: wins, 5/20 (2 KO, 3 OS)
MF-L Omega Pegasis III 85R2F win rate: 75%

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh... Sheesh! Those were some clean KOs! In fact, the were more like skyrocketing explosions than normal KOs. This thing has some serious upper smash! Like, legit, harcore smash.

OK, now, I'm sure you guys are wondering why I've gotten such insane numbers here...

USE DA THING IN ASSAULT MODE!! Seriously, it exposes the lower smash points much better, and hits lower (not to mention there are plenty of slopes to fling things into the sky). I didn't get anywhere near these numbers in Barrage mode. IN Barrage mode, it's results against mid-height Defense are slightly lower than Gravity, but in Assault mode... yeesh.

After watching my Earth fly across the room a couple dozen times, I'm actually a little iffy on un-banning this thing. If we make it legal, heck, I'll be using it all the time for sure!
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Are you sure you got the mode right? There are pics on Beywiki...

Look, though. You still got higher results than Gravity by quite a bit.
Yeah, it's the right mode. Yeah, haha. I wasn't saying it was rubbish, it seems better then Gravity. It's just it might be a bit risky. Overall, it's a nice attack wheel and I think its up there, just maybe a bit under, with Cosmic, Gravity ect.
Oh! I just realized something... you were using Metal Faces on the Defense customs. That could've changed it up a little...
I just noticed too. Um... It must be why we got different results. Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, you broke your MF-H right. So you can't use them to re-test. I allways use MF-H on my defense customs. If someone else could at redo TheBlackDragon's/my tests, it'd help clear things up alot. Thanks!

On another note: 1500 post, yeah!
I was testing a new video recording set-up (it's still sub-par), and I figured I'd make it count.

MF-H Omega (Assault) Unicorno T125XF vs. MF-H Earth Gasher 85CS
Standard Procedure + non-slip mat
OU: 6 wins (6 KO)
EG: 19 wins (13 OS, 5 KO, 1 OU self-KO)
1 Draw
Omega winrate: 24%

I also prefer Assault Mode; Barrage has too much recoil for a Metal Wheel whose Stamina can already barely keep up.
Well, XF isn't all that good in BB-10 so that explains the win rate. Did you use an particular launching technique?
(Jan. 09, 2014  4:09 AM)Nocto Wrote: I was testing a new video recording set-up (it's still sub-par), and I figured I'd make it count.

MF-H Omega (Assault) Unicorno T125XF vs. MF-H Earth Gasher 85CS
Standard Procedure + non-slip mat
OU: 6 wins (6 KO)
EG: 19 wins (13 OS, 5 KO, 1 OU self-KO)
1 Draw
Omega winrate: 24%

I also prefer Assault Mode; Barrage has too much recoil for a Metal Wheel whose Stamina can already barely keep up.

Flower pattern with an XF? That's hard-core. Your XF seems dead though.
(Jan. 09, 2014  4:18 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Well, XF isn't all that good in BB-10 so that explains the win rate. Did you use an particular launching technique?

I mostly bank, as you can see on the video.

Yeah, Uwik, it's getting tired.
(Jan. 09, 2014  5:29 AM)Nocto Wrote: I mostly bank, as you can see on the video.

Mine goes to tornado stalling after 1 or 2 seconds, regardless of how I launch.. lol
(Jan. 09, 2014  5:29 AM)Nocto Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2014  4:18 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Well, XF isn't all that good in BB-10 so that explains the win rate. Did you use an particular launching technique?

I mostly bank, as you can see on the video.

Yeah, Uwik, it's getting tired.

That's why I was asking about the launch because the XF was not agro as a mint one (as Uwik said.).
Personally Nocto, I'd kill to have a video setup that good, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Anywho, given the attack v attack results and everything else we've seen, gonna propose this be unbanned in the February update. Thanks for all the tests (and feel free to do more, more data is always good and I'd like to see more assault mode tests myself Smile)
That'd be great! I really hope it is unbanned, thanks th!nk! It's great that LTD has many attack wheels to choose from.
Don't thank me, you guys have done all the testing after all. Wouldn't mind a few more assault mode tests but yeah, looks good to me. Frankly, I'm glad because it might help soften the blow of a potential gravity ban and RB unban.
Yay! More Attack wheels! Grin This should make things more interesting...
Hopefully with Omega back, we can see little use of Gravity, haha. I'm already gonna find good combos for this.
Did some tests against those wretched (G)CF combos!

MF-H Omega Unicorno R145R2F vs. MF-L Gravity Perseus D125GCF (left spin, counter mode)
Omega: 16 wins (15 KO, 1 OS (it made Gravity scrape bad))
Gravity: 4 wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
Omega win rate: 80%

Note, I'm using the Hasbro F230 for these tests but I cleaned it beforehand. It shouldn't make tht much if a difference since I'm facing attack anyways.

MF-H Omega Unicorno R145R2F vs. MF-L Gravity Perseus F230GCF (left spin, normal mode)
Omega: 15 wins (All KO)
Gravity: 5 wins (All OS)
Omega win rate: 75%

TAKE THAT GRAVITY AND GCF!